Sensor Swab Ultra 24mm Swabs - Camera Sensor Cleaner Swabs for Cleaning Full Frame Mirrored or Mirrorless SLR & DSLR Cameras. Canon, Nikon, Sony - Sensor Dust & Oil Remover (Pack of 12)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- SENSOR SWAB ULTRA - Designed with a textured honeycomb surface pattern to collect more debris. Manufactured with welded seams to stabilize swab fabric and a channeled handle for a better grip.
- CLEANROOM SEALED - Ultimate in purity and precision, these highly absorbent swabs do not shed or leave fibers behind. To maximize cleaning in corners, Sensor Swabs have a slight “horn” at each end to reach into the space between the sensor and surrounding baffle.
- USE WITH ECLIPSE or AEROCLIPSE - Cleaning solution for sensors. Our optic cleaning fluid is safe for cleaning all digital sensors without leaving streaks or residue. It safely breaks down and removes dust, dirt, and oil from all coated lens surfaces.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES - 12x Type-3 (24mm) Sensor Swabs for Cleaning Full Frame Mirrored or Mirrorless SLR and DSLR Camera. As well as CCD or CMOS sensors.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED - Purity and quality of all Photosol camera cleaner and sensor cleaner products are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Problem with your order? Contact us for a guaranteed replacement or refund.
Customers also search
What's in the box
Sensor Swab ULTRA, digital imaging sensor cleaner, is designed for cleaning CCD and CMOS sensors as well as any other delicate or hard to reach optical and imaging surfaces. Suitable for Nikon, Canon, and other SLR, DSLR, and mirrorless cameras as well as telescopes, microscopes, binoculars, and projectors.
Cleanroom manufactured and sealed, these swabs are the ultimate in purity. Sensor Swab ULTRA digital imaging sensor cleaner is more absorbent and does not shed or leave fibers behind – available in three different sizes.
Please review your camera’s manual to learn how to expose the sensor. Be sure your camera battery is fully charged before proceeding and any loose dust or dirt has been safely blown off with a blower or brush. After you review the manual AND have seen our video demo, you are ready to clean your sensor.
What makes Sensor Swab ULTRA superior?
1. End points for cleaner corners
2. Textured surface to collect more debris
3. Clean room sealed so you get the purest swab
4. Welded seams stabilize swab fabric
5. Channeled handle for a better grip
Safely clean your digital sensor with our “Guaranteed Safe” products from Photosol. We offer a wide array of cleaning solutions that are used to clean DSLR, mirrorless and cinema / video sensors. Many companies offer similar products, but no other company offers the same guarantee.
DIRECTIONS FOR CLEANING CAMERA SENSOR:
1. Using one side of the swab, firmly drag it across the sensor.
2. Repeat in the opposite direction, using the clean side of the swab.
3. Please discard swab after use. Repeat if necessary with a new swab.
4. Release camera shutter and replace lens.
5. Do not remove swab from plastic bag until you are ready to use it. Dirt on the swab can scratch the sensor, so always remember to leave it in the plastic bag and discard immediately after use.
Reviewed in the United States on October 10, 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Skip to the end. These somewhat expensive swabs eventually did the trick. One important thing to watch for that caused me to waste the first swab. They seem to have "ears" of a sort on the working edge of the swab. That seemed to prevent proper contact in the center of the sensor where you needed it most. I used the inside of the sterile envelope the swab came in to press those ears outward and give a more flat look to the working edge. Finally on the third swab I got the hang of it and got rid of my spot.
Used "Eclipse" cleaning fluid on the swab. The instructions state "use a few drops". To get rid of my very persistent spot I had to use more than several. Say 10-12 drops to really get it wet. That removed the spot but left a sheen to the sensor. Used my 4th swab with only 4 or so drops and that removed the residue.
All in all it worked so I'm happy. Just watch the "ears" and watch for a residue if you use a lot of cleaner like I did.
I was uncomfortable to clean the sensor but after doing some reading I learned that the sensor as a protective coating and if you read the instructions for these products it's OK to clean the CMOS chip. You must read the information and do everything suggested. If you put the swab down on a table it's "dirty" and cannot be used. You should not use any other cleaner than those recommended. You must clean the mirror box and outside of the camera before working with the sensor. If you have dust in the mirror box, it's just going to get into the camera...
This swab is the right size for my Canon EOS 5D Mark II. It took a couple wipes to get all the dust off the sensor, but it left the CMOS chip perfectly clean, and solved my problem of dust on the sensor. It took a few tries to get everything. I just cleaned, made a couple exposures at f/45, checked them, re-cleaned, until it was done.
There are some dumb examples of cleaning on the web - for example there's this one guy that is in a desert, opening his camera and cleaning it from the back of his truck... That did not impress me - I'd rather be in a closed environment with no dust floating around. Another guy used the swab to scour the sensor - he literally rubbed dozens of times - that did not seem like a good idea either...
This swab must be used with some form of cleaner - I used Eclipse. This cleaner evaporates very fast and does a good job of cleaning.
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 on May 15, 2016