Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Phrases That Sell : The Ultimate Phrase Finder to Help You Promote Your Products, Services, and Ideas
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on January 9, 1999
     The Internet has opened doors of opportunity for many people to conduct online business. In order for them to successfully communicate their online marketing efforts it is necessary to produce Website content and online correspondence that will grab attention, inspire consumer confidence, and generate favorable results.      Following on the footheels of Words that Sell and Cybertalk that Sells, Contemporary Books has published Phrases that Sell to expand upon the selection of key words, phrases, and slogans available for the promotion of any product, service, and idea. This book is a literal gold mine of ideas that can be used for any kind of business correspondence. Online businesses should make use of this excellent writing tool!      The authors cover a variety of key topics and offer thousands of selections that will meet every marketing need and appeal to any targeted audience. Readers can simply thumb through this convenient and easy-to-use guide and select those phrases that will lend themselves to a particular use.      More than just a quick solution book, the authors go one step further by providing readers with an excellent primer on copywriting. They provide helpful tips on word usage, they help readers generate their own words, phrases, and slogans, and help them target messages to specific audiences. Readers will learn how to develop their own brainstorming skills that can be easily applied to any project.      This book offers fresh and exciting insight into creating top-notch marketing materials that will produce results. Lost for words? Add dramatic impact to any sales pitch with the help of this book. It is by far one of the better writing tools published in recent years. Must reading and use!
on August 17, 2001
It saves you time, stress and heartache. While not the most original phrases you'll hever hear, it's a great source of inspiration.
on January 5, 2005
The reason why this book is good is that it becomes the basis of the book you should write yourself. What I did is start with this and then add my own phrases and words as I went along in my job. The book I have now is about 50% my own terminology. Don't fall for the negative reviews - if you want to reinvent the wheel then go ahead. But take it from me, as a starting point, this book IS worth it.
As a professional copywriter I will tell you that this is an excellent book and you would be well advised to have it at hand every time you write anything that is important to you --- especially sales letters and advertising material.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 1, 2002
I have used the previous book "Words that Sell" as one of my secret copywriting tools for years.
This is the perfect companion. I can't imagine anyone who writes not finding this a gold mine of idea starters.
on February 22, 2001
This book and it's now out-of-print companion, Words that Sell, are a must for anyone who writes corporate sales education. The information is logically arranged and easy to access. As the book would say, it simplifies your life and makes your job easier - kiss your hassles goodbye!
on June 13, 2016
A must if you your job involves marketing and selling. This book is very handy and always on my desk. I refer to it several times a day for help and inspiration for selling phrases. This book saves you hours from having to search on the internet because the words and subjects are grouped together. Since using this book I have received many compliments on my writing style and descriptions of products. Highly recommended.

I hope that you have found my opinion to be helpful with your decision process to purchase this item. If this is the case, and where Amazon asks if this review helpful, please click "yes". Thank you!
on March 7, 2016
The concept of the phrases that sell is fantastic. This older version, however, is dated and many of the phrases outdated. I read a few to a friend and she said, "when was that thing published?"

If you invest in this, get the ones that are updated and have current phrases.
on July 13, 2016
I like it in general but I didn't find it useful for my sales email writing. The phrases are somehow old and overused. I also wanted to suggest the writer to edit this book in its next publishing and change the organization of the sections.
on February 16, 2016
This is the sequel to Words that Sell. And like most sequels, there's a bit of fluff in it. I gave it a 3 stars instead of a 4 or 5 because the first few chapters are about copywriting and several pages towards the end are single keywords, not phrases as the title indicates. Chapters that actually have selling phrases in them are good--I found many useful phrases that I can use. If you need a handy reference to get your mental juices flowing, its worth buying.