Phrazes for the Young Import
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) Out of the Blue - Good lyrics, decent music, sounds like something you would find on a Strokes album except for the added synth. Good way to open up the album but nothing really too special. 8/10
2) Left & Right in the Dark - One of my favorite tracks on the album. It has a very catchy chorus and really does well in building up energy. This is one of the poppier sounding songs on the album. 10/10
3) 11th Dimension - Awesome first single. Really shows Julian knows how to write a very radio friendly dance track that makes you want move around a bit haha. The lyrics on this one are among the best on the album. It seems to reflect a lot of how Julian was a shy person and all that stuff. 10/10
4) 4 Chords of the Apocalypse - This song kind of reminds me of a bluesy Beatles song, especially around the chorus. The music isn't anything that really jumps out at you but the lyrics are decent and the overall mood of the song really breaks up the album pretty well. 8/10
5) Ludlow st. - This was one of the songs used on the preview video for the album, and as such I expected it to be a stand out track. It's not. If there was one song I could do without on this album, it would be this one. Not to say it's a bad song, but following 4 Chords up with this track doesn't make much sense to me.Read more ›
There are 3 fantastic tracks in this album that make it worth it if you are sick of pop / typical indie tracks.
Refreshing and I have yet to hear anyone with such a great, unique voice.
Will spice up any playlist.
Best of the track (I'm very picky so it's shocking I even like this many!):
Out of the blue
Left and right in the dark
Ludlow Street (great lyrics)
I also see a lot of people say how creative and genius this album is... Well I hate to sound so negative (i gave it 3 1/2 stars after all!) but this sound is just the Strokes done electronically. Its not something new, its just the band sound replaced by Julian doing electronic Strokes in a studio... Which isn't bad, but I don't understand the praise of it either. There is a drum machine through out which gets real old by the time you are done with the whole album. And the lyrics/Julian's voice are IDENTICAL to Strokes stuff; so again by the end i was bored with his voice. I hate to sound negative on it but again i feel the need for balance in reviews...
Personally I think if you are looking for "creative" or new from the Strokes I would go with Albert Hammond Jr's album(s)which i enjoyed more than this; they have much more diversity, stray further from Strokes territory, and he changes up his singing style more often.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Phrazes for the young is a great album. Julian really outdid himself. Five stars hands down.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
For Julian Casablancas first solo album, this is just amazing every track is beautiful. 💛Published 2 months ago by Browneyedgirl
it came fast and great condition totally recommend to order and it plays sounds perfectlyPublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great album, love all the tracks except for Ludlow St. Only complaint is that I wish it were longer. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Katie Cobain
Julian Casablancas has done it again, delivering a beautiful and wonderful album.Published 9 months ago by Cyn
Juian Casablancas is the best artist, singer, writter of all times!Published 17 months ago by Yesid Lozano