Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 21, 2007
This book was on a display case at the library. Attracted by the cover, we took it home. A few minutes later, my 12yo son asked me to buy a copy for his birthday. All 4 of my children (14,12,11, and 8 1/2)constantly browse through it. I enjoy "Pick Me Up" myself and intend to purchase another copy for my twin nephews for their birthday. Anyone who considers himself/herself well informed would be astonished at the number of things that even an adult could learn from this book!
on December 29, 2009
The book is fascinating. Lots of information to keep you interested. Just one note of caution: be prepared that depending on your parenting philosophy, some of the topics may not be appropriate for all younger children - reproduction and body changes for instance.
on April 13, 2008
This book is fabulous!!! I literally just 'picked it up' off the library shelf where it was being displayed as a new book. WOW is right. Promptly checked it out and soon bought a copy for my son who is 15. He goes back to it on a regular basis. I've started to buy it as a birthday gift for every kid I know!! I love cool kid books and this is definitely in my to 10.
on October 6, 2006
This book is so much fun...it is smart, interesting, colorful, insightful, and educational. You can't ask for more in a book to teach kids. And frankly, I learned about more stuff that I should have already known! Great work, BUY THIS BOOK NOW.
on July 9, 2007
Our librarian intoduced us to this one and it's a hit for all age groups. Everyone who "picks it up" becomes engrossed. The format is different & takes a little getting used to but worth every penny! Many catagories, neat facts & trivia, nice artwork, pictures, diagrams, etc. Highly recommeded to encourage reading.
on July 8, 2008
This book is full of fun information and it actually makes learning about a lot school subjects fun! Good for all ages that can read! Subjects about modern times and historic times. Science to math. Fun facts to colorful pages to fun myths. You'll never be bored and you'll always want to pick up Pick Me Up
on January 12, 2007
My kids love books filled with little factoids. And this book is loaded with them! It also references other pages if you want to dig deeper into some tangent related to the fact you just read about, so it keeps you interested. They seem to be constantly picking it up.
on October 10, 2006
You learn something everyday! I got a copy of "Pick Me Up" and learn a lot of new things. It also reminded me how I liked to pour through volume of encyclopedias when I was a kid. "Pick Me Up" is a great reference book, conversation-starter, and bathroom book.
on July 20, 2012
I got this for my grandson, but I've also enjoyed it immensely. It's great to use as a quick browse while you're waiting for someone or something.
on May 22, 2007
I got this book for Christmas, and didn't like it very much at first. But when I skipped through the pages, random fun facts were all over the pages! I learned so much from this book, and the graphics are amazing! A real time-killer.