- Buy 2 or more Masontops products and save 5% on your order! Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pickle Pipe - One-Piece Silicone Waterless Fermentation Airlock Lids for Mason Jar Fermentation - WIDE MOUTH - 8 Pack
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- One-piece silicone waterless airlock eliminates risk of mold without any daily maintenance. Vents gases and prevents oxygen exposure automatically.
- Includes 8 WIDE MOUTH Pickle Pipes included (2 x red, 2 x teal, 2 x purple, 2 x blue) which work with any wide mouth mason jar such as Ball, Kerr, Bernardin and more. FITS JARS WITH 3 3/8 (86 mm) OPENING
- BPA-free, food-grade silicone is dishwasher safe and reusable for many years. Low profile design lets you ferment in small spaces.
- No need to burp jars, maintain water levels in your airlock, or keep track of complicated airlock systems with multiple pieces.
- Just screw onto any wide mouth mason jar, and the Pickle Pipe will do the rest. The only true one-piece “set and forget” waterless airlock that just works.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Make it more than a Mason jar with Masontops.
The Pickle Pipe is the only one-piece waterless airlock designed for small-batch Mason jar fermentation at home. Eliminate the hassles and common pitfalls of traditional methods, and especially those of using 3-piece water-filled airlocks.
Why is it necessary?
Fermenting vegetables release carbon dioxide. If left in an airtight container, this pressure must be vented regularly or the jar may actually explode. Burping your jar, or using a cloth cover, exposes your ferment to oxygen which can allow harmful mold to grow on your food. The Pickle Pipe’s patent-pending one-way valve design allows carbon dioxide to vent automatically, without ever letting oxygen or other contaminants enter the jar. It just works.
Zero Maintenance, Easy to Clean, Low Profile and Reusable
The Pickle Pipe is simple to use (zero maintenance or monitoring), simple to clean (dishwasher safe) and can be reused over and over again. The low profile design allows you to store your ferments in your kitchen cupboards and drawers, saving space and reducing counter clutter.
Together with the family of Masontops fermentation tools (Pickle Pebbles and Pickle Packer), the Pickle Pipe ensures consistent high-quality results from your home ferments. Enjoy delicious, probiotic rich, naturally preserved foods such as sauerkraut, kimchi, real pickles and more.
HOW to use?
The Pickle Pipe could not be easier! Once your veggies are packed and submerged, just screw the Pipe on and it will automatically vent off excess CO2 without allowing oxygen or outside contaminants to enter your jar!
- Pack a Mason jar with veggies, brine and keep veggies submerged below brine
- Screw on a Pickle Pipe with Mason jar band and leave in a dark, cool place
- That’s it! The Pickle Pipe will automatically vent your ferment
- Enjoy the freedom to "set and forget" your ferment for days, or even weeks
WHY to use?
Gone are the days of manually "burping" your ferment or maintaining the water levels in a 3-piece airlock tool. Just screw on a Pickle Pipe and put your ferment into Auto-Pilot - it will regulate pressure automatically with its patent-pending valve system.
- Fermenting vegetables create carbon dioxide; it must be vented or the hosting jar may explode
- Open air will expose the food to oxygen, promoting mold growth
- Pickle Pipes automatically release CO2 without allowing in any oxygen
- Pipe Pipes are the only one-piece silicone airlock tool that requires no daily maintenance
- No worries of rust from stainless steel plated products or toxins from cheap plastics with our food safe and BPA-free silicone
The Masontops Difference
Tested & Trusted.
All Masontops products are made of top quality, food-grade materials and undergo rigorous testing and certification. We will always stand behind our products and our customers.
Whether a beginner or expert fermenter, our free digital guide provides useful information, professional tips and step-by-step recipes. We’re here to support you every step of the way.
One Stop Shop.
Even if you only need glass weights or an entire fermentation setup, we’ve got you covered with a complete line of award-winning products.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These venting lids couldn't be tidier. I've probably filled up my jars a little too full (and I'm using the round glass weights to hold the cabbage under the brine), so I'm fully expecting to have leaking of juice into the plate I put them on, but that's a matter of working out the contents amounts. I love that I'll be able to just pop the whole thing in the fridge when ready, jar and ring and venting lid, and if a slower fermentation keeps going in the cold, the jars will still vent as needed. Food-safe silicone, dishwasher safe, completely reusable...what's not to love?
I bought these for fermenting cabbage, to make sauerkraut. I was excited to not have to open up the jar everyday and using these pickle pipes for emitting the gasses out- however mold grew on top of all the cabbage I was fermenting!! I thought well maybe the first batch was my error, so I did a 2nd batch and same thing mold! This has never happened to me before until using these Pickle pipes!
This is sooooo sad bc it takes quite a bit of time to cut up the cabbage, salt the cabbage, crunch the cabbage to omit the juices and then put the cabbage into the glass jars-
So hours of hard work, literally down the drain! Actually I dumbed it all into my compost for my organic garden.
You can see in all my photos there is mold and you can’t just scoop the mold off the top, you have to throw it all away bc if the mold is on top, it’s also in it.
I think these pickle pipes might work if you are ONLY fermenting for 1 week- BUT with sauerkraut you have to ferment for 4-6 weeks for proper fermentation.
Use with caution!
Most recent customer reviews
When the lid bulges, you know the fermentation is working, then the gas expels through the pin hole...Read more