Picnic Time Mariposa Bamboo 15-Inch Cheese Board/Tool Set
|Price:||$71.77 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Two-toned gourmet cheese board with wine and cheese accessories
- Beautiful bamboo construction, a fast growing wood recognized for its rich grain and durability
- Stainless steel cheese tools include one each: hard cheese knife, chisel knife, and cheese fork
- Set also comes with stainless steel waiter-style corkscrew, drip ring, and bottle stopper
- Measures 15 by 9 by 2-Inch
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Picnic Time Mariposa Bamboo 15-Inch Cheese Board/Tool Set
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Natural Wood||Natural||Brown||brown, silver|
|Dimensions||2 inches x 15 inches x 8.75 inches||3.25 inches x 17 inches x 17 inches||2 inches x 13.5 inches x 8 inches||1.5 inches x 11 inches x 8.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||5.15 pounds||4.95 pounds||3.4 pounds||3.75 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Well, I just received it in the mail today and I am utterly disappointed. I was actually really looking forward to opening up the package because of how wonderful the set looked online. But here are the issues I have with it:
1. The outer trim/compartments are NOT a darker finish as shown in the picture. Not necessarily a biggie, just be aware of that.
2. One of the underside swiveling compartments (that holds the wine tools, in particular) was loose/felt flimsy and was overtly drooping. This defect, or what have you, automatically made this set look like it was broken, and therefore, not gift worthy.
3. Both of the underside compartments seem to "flop" around, even when only slightly tilting the board. This was just more of an annoyance than anything else.
Conclusively, this product received some great reviews, which played a big factor in my decision to purchase it. So perhaps I received a defective cheese board... or maybe I'm just another stubborn Italiano like my dad (but we'll stick with the first theory). Either way, I would avoid this one. In my opinion, and minus the issues I have with it, it's still not even worth the money. So do yourself a favor, kids - "forget about it". I'm going to return this and get a different one.
Through the little window in the box, the bamboo looked great and as advertised in coloring and quality. But when I opened the box to inspect the set and took the item out, I was immediately disappointed.
The construction of this board is very poor. The compartments swing open every which way and the left side sags lower than the right, as another reviewer pointed out. I was hoping this wasn't the case with all of the sets, but it seems to be the norm. The wine tools on the other side are nothing special.
The only saving grace for this product is the knives and the bamboo. Strictly talking looks, as I haven't had the chance to cut with either of them. But the knives look they are of good quality. They look sturdy and I like that they are one continuous piece of metal so that there's no concern of loose handles, etc.
Lastly the product comes in a very cheap looking box that is unpadded and also unsealed. This item is disappointing, especially for the high price. I was embarrassed to give it away as a gift and I would advise to opt for another set.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This bamboo cheese board is great, its very nice quality, the tools for cheese are good quality and the wine tools decent as well. It looks very durable, and I love the shape. Read morePublished on August 7, 2012 by MissNicole
I bought this as a wedding gift and the recipients are absolutely thrilled with this gift! By looking at it they thought it was a VERY expensive gift of at least $100. Read morePublished on December 12, 2011 by Erin Huddy
I am very pleased with this cheese board. It is quality, cleans up well and has enough room for a good selection of cheeses.Published on August 2, 2011 by Steve E. Dansby