- Publisher: Chariot Victor Pub (June 1993)
- ISBN-10: 0781408369
- ISBN-13: 978-0781408363
- Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 368 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #365,529 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Picture Bible: Story Book Edition Hardcover – June, 1993
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only thing I am disappointed about is the fact that they skip several great stories. Two that I can think of offhand are:
1) Solomon displays his wisdom when he has to decide which woman a baby belongs to. He proclaims he will cut the baby in half and give half to each woman. The real mother protests and says to give the baby to the other woman. The false mother (jealous that her real baby died) says, "Yes! Yes! That is a good idea. Solomon says to give the baby to the real mother.
2) The story of the woman in the New Testament with the issue of blood who thought "If only I could touch the hem of his garment, I will be healed."
I am still giving it a 5 because there aren't any other illustrated Bibles on the market to compare. If I could give it a percentage rating, I'd give it 95% which is still an A+!
I have purchased several of these, and given them to my children's friends. This is the one Bible that will always be read. It sticks truly to the scriptures, and is an adaptation that tells the story, then inspires the reader to grab a traditional Bible and read the actual story narrative.
This is one I recommend for any age as a great addition or gateway to learning and 'enjoying' the Bible.
I would highly recommend this book for any reading-aged child - especially those less likely to read on their own. Don't be taken back by the paraphrase-style (although it is well cited at the beginning of each chapter), as it is not intended to be a replacement for a good adult translation. It is a children's paraphrase - and a very well done one - that will bring the word to life in a very personal way for your child.
It keeps the action fast-paced and thus captivating for kids anywhere between the ages of probably 7 -17. It pulls out stories that are less well-known and helps bring them to life. I know that for me, it helped me keep all the kings (and queens) of Israel and Judah straight in my mind; I was able to easily track with and follow how they were related to each other and which ones were evil and which ones were good. And that's just one example of the many ways this Bible helped me learn God's word.
Now, when I read a regular Bible with no pictures, the pictures from The Picture Bible come to mind even still, and they help the stories come to life and remain in my mind.
I highly recommend this Bible. I bought five of them recently to give to friends of mine who I knew would enjoy them as I did. This is such an excellent tool in the upbringing of children, and I can say that from my own experience.