Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 280 reviews
on January 10, 2012
First of all they smell...but anything would, if it were encased in stinky plastic. I am in Make Up Artistry school, and there's no way I'm going to use my MAC or Sephora's brushes on my models, or later my clients, so I ordered these. They are not marked on the handle, so you have to take a guess....but I bet I can figure out the eyeliner brush, to the blush brush. I removed the blush brush, and carefully washed it and conditioned it. I checked it for bristle fall out by tugging on the bristles. There was no extra bristles. I would do this with any make up brush I bought, no matter from a store, or online, MAC or no name. I have to do the same with the other remaining brushes. They are wooden handled, full size, with a fold over case. I'll air out the case, Febreeze it, and do what I can to remove the smell. Eventually, though, they will go into my make up artist belt. I knocked the review down a star cause of the smell. But this, so far, is a nice set of brushes for the money, and what I intend to use it for.
on January 3, 2013
I've owned these brushes for over a year now, and overall, I've been pretty happy with them. However, I've had two of them break. The blush brush's handle has separated from the metal piece holding the bristles, which it pretty annoying, since I had only kept it in the included brush case. It seems that the pieces were poorly glued together. The plastic of the brow and lash brush broke off at the handle while I was traveling and had it in a separate makeup bag (all of the brushes together in the case make for a pretty bulky product), which is also pretty annoying, since it's one of my most-used brushes.
on February 22, 2012
13 Piece Makeup Brush Set and Case Originally, based on the look of the items on the site, I thought it would've been a small(er) case but it turned out to be quite a good size, much like an oversized clutch. That's not such a bad thing for me. The case also looked very glamorous, you'd never think it was just a case for make-up brushes. Also, the shipping packaging was excellent. However, I would've preferred more variety in terms of the brushes. Especially a proper blending and/or fluffy brush. Basically, all the ones that come in this set are a bit flat and stiff. Maybe a beginner would have more luck with purchasing this set than I did.
on July 11, 2015
Overall this kit is great! The brushes are incredibly durable for the price, and they arrived ahead of schedule (which is always a plus) My only complaints about the product are that the case feels very cheap in that I wouldn't want to just throw it wrecklessly in the bottom of my makeup bag. I also feel like the heads of the brushes aren't attached very well, which is no big deal, and considering the price isn't a problem at all. I would recommend for anyone looking for a cheap, durra lie set of brushes.
on May 12, 2014
I would have given this five stars, but the one and only thing I don't like about it for me, is the openings where you slide in your brushes. I wish a couple more were bigger to fit some of my other thicker handle brushes. I like everything else about it, I like the plastic inside that covers the brushes ( nice feature). I like the closure, easy to clean.
I have had this product around a month, or a little longer, and I am pleased with it. It's going to be great for traveling.
I like some of the small flat brushes that were included, they work great. So, as you can see I would recommend this set for anyone looking to buy a brush set with the case.
on January 21, 2012
I think this is an awesome brush set. I just received it and haven't used it a ton but it works really well. I use the flat shader brush a lot for my makeup and it doesn't pick up color too well but it does work it you constantly go over it.
I used the eyeliner brush and it works really well. It picks up pigment easily and stays on strong. I was happy to see some nice, big fluffy brushes in there for blush and it even comes with a mascara brush which is the only thing I'm hesitant to use because I would want to wash after each use and that would waste mascara.

But in total, I really love how cheap this was and even though I probably won't use everything (just because of what makeup I like to use and what I use a brush for--I don't need the blush brushes or the mascara brush and I already have an eyebrow comb) it is really nice to have a great variety of quality brushes, and the packaging smells like... leather I guess, and it is really nice to own a collection of brushes.
on April 20, 2012
Since I got this set for 10 (shipping included) I can't complain about the value. You get what you pay for people. However this set is pretty good. I did notice the smell but I just used some conditioner to wash out the brushes and let them air dry. Smell gone. People forget that the leather material is fake and when its in a factory in plastic it tends to leave a foul odor. It happened as well with a luggage set I bought. Just let it air out and it will be fine. I had some issues with the angle brush but otherwise nice set. For those who bought this and want to complain, please go and by yourself a professional set $100 plus if that is "quality" you are supposedly looking for. Don't buy something cheap off amazon and then get mad that it's not what you thought it was....thank you :)
on May 21, 2012
I ordered this product about 3 days before it arrived! Which is very very unusual since most products takes weeks! I opened the box to find these brushes in the bag, though I do not think the bag is very nice it is useable, The brushes are soft and perfect for no matter how much to use make up! I cleaned them as soon as I opened them, though they were in bags and have never been used, after they dried they were still soft the bristles do not fall out when using them! Overall I would so say buy these!
on August 17, 2015
I love these brushes! For the price I expected them not to be really soft but they are :) I was really disappointed about the fan brush because it is so thin that it doesn't pick up ANY PRODUCT but other than that these brushes are perfect! I must worn you they have a funny smell when you first receive them so I recommend you wash them before use.
on February 23, 2012
I ordered this because my big sis has this set and used some of the brushes on me so I'm familiar with them. I'm glad I got this and not a bigger set because it has enough brushes as it is already. Some of which I don't know how to use..lol.It's very nice! The only thing wI didn't like was the smell of the case :P awful...so I opened it to let it air out for a long while.