- Actors: Christopher George, Lynda Day George, Paul L. Smith, Edmund Purdom, Jack Taylor
- Directors: Juan Piquer Simón
- Format: DTS Surround Sound, NTSC, Subtitled, Surround Sound, Widescreen
- Language: English, Spanish
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
- Number of discs: 3
- Rated: Not RatedUnrated
- Studio: Grindhouse Releasing
- DVD Release Date: March 1, 2016
- Run Time: 83 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (106 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B018SVHLZO
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #12,915 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Pieces (2 Blu-rays + CD)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO TEXAS FOR A CHAINSAW MASSACRE!
Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the sickest and most violent of all the early '80s slasher movies. A psychopathic killer stalks a Boston campus, brutally slaughtering nubile young college co-eds, collecting body parts from each victim to create the likeness of his mother who he savagely murdered with an axe when he was ten years old! PIECES is a wild, unrated gorefest, with enough splatter and sleaze to shock the most jaded horror fan.
- TWO complete versions of this shocking gore classic
- PIECES (83 minutes) - the original, unrated U.S. theatrical version, presented in English
- MIL GRITOS TIENE LA NOCHE (86 minutes) - the original uncensored director's cut, presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor
- Spectacular new 4K transfers - scanned from the original camera negative
- Brand new audio commentary by star Jack Taylor
- Special 5.1 audio option - the Vine Theater Experience!
- In-depth interviews with director Juan Piquer Simón and genre superstar Paul L. Smith
- 42nd STREET MEMORIES - all-new feature-length documentary containing interviews with Sam Sherman, Bill Lustig, Larry Cohen, Frank Henenlotter, Buddy Giovinazzo, Jeff Lieberman, John Skipp, Lynn Lowry, Terry Levene, and many other exploitation icons
- Extensive gallery of stills and poster art
- Exhaustive filmographies
- Liner notes by legendary horror journalist Chas. Balun and Rick Sullivan
- BONUS CD - original soundtrack - newly remastered from the original studio tapes
- Beautiful embossed slipcover
- AND OTHER SURPRISES!
"One of my top horror films of all time! Not only is this the ultimate chainsaw movie, it's the ultimate slasher film. It has everything you could possibly want, by the bucketful. Full on chainsaw violence, absurd amounts of nudity, and the greatest ending in horror history. A masterpiece of early '80s sleaze."
- Eli Roth, director of HOSTEL and THE GREEN INFERNO
"A barrage of great, graphic entrail-spewed slaughter executed in super-gross European gore technician style."
- Rick Sullivan, GORE GAZETTE
"One of the most shocking exponents to hit the Deuce in the 1980s. PIECES went straight for the jugular... one of the few movies at the time that silenced the most raucous grindhouse audiences."
- Bill Landis, SLEAZOID EXPRESS
"a PERFECT 10!"
- Chas. Balun, THE GORE SCORE
"The best chain-saw flick since the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. Head roll before the titles roll. Splatter City.
- Joe Bob Briggs
"PIECES is one scary flick that changed 42nd Street forever. Nothing will ever top PIECES."
- Rick Sullivan, GORE GAZETTE
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Let's get this out of the way: PIECES is stupid. Really stupid.
It's the kind of film that you put on with some friends and have a good laugh. The pacing is insane and the gore effects and nudity are plentiful. Just don't expect any logic. You won't find it here. What you will find is delicious over-acting and a sense of gleeful abandon. As the tagline says, "It's exactly what you think it is."
Still with me? Then let's talk about the 2016 Blu-ray release by Grindhouse Pictures. Grindhouse doesn't release a lot of films. What that means, however, is that they lavish unfathomable amounts of attention on these crazy, often forgotten films when they do decide to release them. They gave PIECES a 4k restoration from the original negatives. Read that sentence again. They also ported over the excellent supplemental features from their previous DVD release. Because Grindhouse isn't a label that likes to sit on its laurels, they also included a very nice sounding CD of the library music used for the soundtrack and a feature-length rumination on the heyday of the 42nd Street grindhouse cinemas in the 1970s and 1980s. Finally, if you were lucky enough to get one of the first 3,000 copies of the Blu-ray, (I was not, sadly.) they threw in a small replica of the jigsaw puzzle that plays such a major part in the film.
In short, they care about PIECES. With the slow death of physical media, it's rare to see a studio who still gives a damn. If you're a fan of low-budget slasher films that will have you laughing as much as you are cringing, then you absolutely cannot go wrong with this release of PIECES.
The movie is what the movie is but don't waste your money on this edition of it. St. Clair Vision collectors Edition.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The film is not for everyone.Read more