Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Piel Leather 24In Duffel with Pockets, Chocolate, One Size
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: One Size|Color: Chocolate|Change

on August 16, 2012
This duffel is the best piece of luggage I have owned. Superior quality, lots of room and pockets, and it easily fits into the overhead on aircraft. I would highly recommend this item to frequent travelers, or anyone else who wants a quality item for traveling. No roller wheels on this bag, but shoulder strap works well and is comfortable. I really like the "tan" version. Getting tied of seeing black all the time.
on November 18, 2014
This is a roomy bag with a few too many pockets that reduce the amount of space in the main compartment. The strap is sturdy and anchored in the right spots to provide good balance while on my shoulder. The zippers have large pulls and move easily. I bought this bag and the Piel Large Duffel to compare them. This duffel won because I like having more of the capacity in the main compartment versus divide among the ancillary pockets.

I have been loyal to Piel products for nearly thirty years. The naked leather for which they are known is an incredibly thick top grain leather that feels great and lasts forever. Piel uses aniline dyes only so you see the true grain of the leather, including flaws, pores, color variations, etc. present in the animal hide. Because of that, Piel is very selective in the hides it uses. I have a number of items all in the saddle color and the consistency of the color from one item to the next is very high -- not an exact match, due to natural variations, but close enough that my bags look great together.
on March 21, 2012
I searched high and low for a high quality leather overnight bag and finally came up with this. I went back and forth over the smaller and larger size due to carry on restrictions nowadays, but I figured since it's soft sided, it wouldnt be an issue, and it wasn't. I've been through four airports with it without problems. The leather is of wonderful quality, the adjustable shoulder strap is comfortable, the length is just right for getting papers and other items out of the side pockets while still carrying. Also, for the techie traveler, a 10.1" tablet fits perfectly upright in either end pocket, as well as most hard bound novels. The ONLY thing that I might complain about, and it's really not that much of an issue, is the u shaped zipper on the top takes two hands to open slowly, but this also allows me to drop folded clothes in easily without wrinkling. The lining is a nice high quality as well. I can easily pack for two days with this bag, very glad I got the larger size now.
on March 23, 2013
This bag is beautiful, I bought it for my husband for Christmas and damn it looks good. He's pretty basic but he likes the various compartments and I like it for myself. Stylish and butter soft.
on September 6, 2013
This is one of the more attractive & convenient travel support systems available. I chose this duffel bag on the basis of looks but discovered that this is quite the "system" in that it has as many integrated carrying components, each contributing to the reduction of packing issues. And it comes with a strap that allows one to carry this bag over the shoulder.
One other small item: the smell of this bag is "Very Leather". I'm not sure how long that will last but guessing that depends on what's carried and how often. Still, it is sooo cool..
on September 6, 2013
This is a beautifuly designed and functional bag that anyone would be proud to carry through the airport, or anywhere else, for that matter. I would enthusically recommend it to anyone. The fact that it does not have luggage rollers is not a deterrent to me. A potential buyer should be aware of this. However, it does have a shoulder strap which does a good job of helping with the weight of a full bag.
on March 18, 2016
I bought this bag a little over a year ago. During the past year I've traveled with it at least once a month including a couple trips out of country. I'm just now writing a review because I just realized how nice the bag is! The bag seems to be improving even after a year of rough handling (including being check as luggage a few times), The leather is reasonably soft and there is plenty of room to accommodate a 2-3 day trip. We're not talking about some fancy designer bag here but after the abuse I've put this bag through it still doesn't show signs of wear and tear. Without a doubt you get WAY more than your money's worth when purchasing this item. This bag is made for people who travel regularly and need luggage that can hold up!
on November 2, 2011
Good color as it won't be mistaken for another bag, large enough for a week of clothes. Small enough to fit in the overhead.
on June 19, 2015
Great weekender bag. Have used it now several times and have had no problems taking on short and long flights as a carry on. It is just at the allowable size limit and would be very easy to overfill it though so watch out for how much it bulges out when packing!

The zippers work well and overall construction seems durable.

The multiple pockets allow for sorting things well for travel making things easy to find without having to dig through everything.
on June 14, 2015
The first one came and I used it on one overnight travel trip. When I got home I noticed a split in the leather of one of the handles. This split was at the obvious stess point where all the weight stresses and flexes as you carry the luggage. Upon closer inspection I observed that the leather is VERY thin, at least here at the handle. I received a replacement and one of the zippers was bad right out of the box so I received a second replacement and I haven't had a chance to use. I hope it holds up, I'm starting to get frustrated. The shipping was PAINFULLY SLOW for the original bag. It was nothing short of ridiculous.