Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pigs Love Potatoes
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

91%

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 2, 2015
Mrs. Pig is starting to prepare the potatoes for dinner as one little pig has stated his desire for spuds! When little brother comes in, the two piglets start to yelp. Like all good mamas, Mrs. Pig puts a stop to that and enlists their help with peeling the potatoes. It is not long before more pigs have joined the foray including papa who is quite happy to have the peelings placed on his head like a wig! (Funny pic!) Once cooked the pigs and piglets all sit down together to enjoy their meal.

What's their last job? Kiss mama's cheek and remove their plates from the table.

I just LOVE the messages in this book. First all the pigs help prepare the meal and then they sit down together to eat. This is the way it should be. Simply written in that there are not that many words on each page but absolutely well worth reading and the illustrations help tell the story.
on July 10, 2014
My daughter found this book in our public library and absolutely loved it! Once the loan period expired, I knew "Pigs Love Potatoes" would become an excellent permanent addition for her own personal library of books. A lovely, endearing story!
on June 14, 2015
"Pigs Love Potatoes" is a wonderful counting book! From delightful rhyme to precious illustrations, this picture book is sure to please readers and listeners of all ages, again and again.

(Although I received a free copy of this book from the author, the opinions in this review are true and are my own.)
on January 29, 2008
This book is a joy to read and to have read to you! We love the story of the piggies and the potatoes for their family and neighbors. We never tire of reading it and read it at least once a day to our 2-year old daughter. We just wish the authors had more books for us to purchase because we would certainly buy them!!
on January 8, 2008
One pig wants potatoes - setting off a chain reaction that spreads through his family even to the neighbors. Now all the pigs want potatoes in this fine and lively picturebook packing a rollicking rhyme with an easy reader helping kids to learn to read. Parents will find it a fun, satisfying read-aloud, too.
on February 18, 2011
This is a counting book, and one of the things I like about it is that each page clearly shows the correct number of pigs which is mentioned.I teach young children and it's amazing how many books do not clearly show the right number of animals or whatever that you're supposed to count! It's nice that it's about potatoes, a very familiar household item. Children can relate to eating potatoes (although many are surprised that they can be washed, peeled and cooked, not just eaten!)and the illustrations are cute. Just a simple, very nice counting story.
on January 17, 2011
My 2 year old asks me to read the "pig book!" at least every other day, but often everyday. It is a nice short read, a little dry to me, but anything that makes him sit still is good for me. It does have an emphasis on counting so I hold my fingers up wiht the number of pigs, and he has started to do the same.
on July 19, 2010
By far my sons favorite book. He's had it since birth and still loves to hear it, will recite it, and constantly asks for it. It has helped him learn his numbers, rhyming, and his overall literacy skills. A wonderful book! Classic and beautiful!
on July 26, 2013
Wonderful story to be read to little ones. Illustrations are delightful and they will learn about counting to ten
and sharing.
on January 14, 2009
This is by far one of my most favorite books to read to my kids. I could read it every night and never get tired of it!!