Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Show Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Pikmin
Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$88.79+ Free shipping

on June 10, 2016
I remember playing Pikmin when I was younger and absolutely loving it. It is just as fun, and challenging, to me now as it was when I was younger. In fact, as with other games, I sometimes struggle to see how I was so good at games when I was younger and not good at them now.

Pikmin is a real-time strategy game in which the player takes the role of Captain Olimar. After crash-landing his rocket on a strange planet, Olimar finds himself trapped. With only 30 days before he can no longer survive, the player must help Olimar find the broken pieces of his ship so that he can put it back together and leave the planet. While on the planet, Captain Olimar finds Pikmin, creatures which he yanks out of the ground and then follow him around. They look a bit like radishes and come in different colors. The Pikmin help Olimar transport his ship parts back to the ship and assemble them, and also help him with the environment. It is a symbiotic relationship; Olimar helps the Pikmin develop and survive, and they help get him to where he needs to go and fight dangerous beasts along the way.

It is somewhat of a challenge to figure out where to go, what the Pikmin can and cannot handle, and how to fight the various beasts within the game. However, in time, Pikmin becomes a fun and intriguing game to play. I recommend it to those young and those not so young; I think you will enjoy it.

Pikmin's popularity spawned two other Pikmin games as well.
on June 9, 2016
My Game Cube disk for Pikmin got destroyed. Then again, it was second hand when I got it. And I got it not long after it originally came out. I love Pikmin. So much that I've also got Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3. In many ways the original Pikmin was my favorite. Thus I wanted to buy a new (used) copy. I ordered this Game Cube version. Unfortunately when it arrived it would not load on the Wii. It would simply hang. Same thing that was happening with my original version. I begin to think perhaps it was my system so I tried Baton Katos in the Wii and that loaded fine. I can only assume the disc was defective. Considering it took about three weeks for the game to arrive, to then find it was damaged didn't sit well with me. Presumably the company that sent it did not test it in a Wii system.
on April 2, 2014
This game was delivered 5 days ahead of schedule with speed I really appreciated. Amazon continues to impress me with its efficient, serendipitously ahead of schedule shipping service.

The game stands out in my mind for its visuals, atmosphere, and story. The graphics are simple, crisp, and bright which makes seeing in-game enemies and resources simple. The game's atmosphere envelops you with lush foliage and wondrous natural terrain everywhere. The lighting also adds so much to the environments. Sun filters through tree tops while glistening, rippling pond water splashes about your feet. The game is a magical experience in many ways.

Many people complain about the short day length (15 minutes), but I feel the game is designed well enough to facilitate victory in face of the time crunch. Also the short days really add to the overall feel of the story. At times I felt nervous that Olimar might not make it, and others I raced and raced to secure a part before the sun dropped out of sight. Indeed, the game always had you doing something. But in all, the game is clever, has fluid controls (albeit sometimes frustrating when under pressure), and is very entertaining.

It is a GameCube classic packed with nostalgia.
on October 7, 2017
Loved this game when I was a kid. I got reminiscent and went searching the internet for it. It was used but came in great condition. I played for HOURS the first night I got it. It was just like I remembered it. Very decently priced too. Highly recommend!
on June 24, 2017
Came on time and product is exactly what was in the description.
on April 28, 2017
Got this for my brother and he couldn't stop playing it because he liked it so much.
on April 25, 2012
I actually had Pikmin 2, years before I even played the first Pikmin and I sold it before I got this game. Seeing that this game is from 2001 and it's currently 2012, I'm not going to knock the graphics at all. Put it this way, if I had bought this game right when it came out, I would have said that the graphics were amazing. Pikmin is an innovative and seriously charming RTS (Real-time strategy) game, where you harvest (or pull, rather) little carrot-shaped living plants out of the ground and have them do your bidding for you; Pikmin can assist in taking down enemies, gathering seeds (so you can produce more Pikmin creatures for you), and are essential for carrying back parts of your spaceship that you lost on the planet. This game has really stood the test of time and is still highly enjoyable, inventive, and challenging, even today. The only real downside to Pikmin, as opposed to Pikmin 2, is that you only have 30 days to find all of Olimar's Spaceship parts.
on September 18, 2008
Pikmin is one of the first games that came out for Nintendo Gamecube. I remember playing it at my neighbor's house and it was instantly one of my favorite games.

It is about seven years later, and owning only a Sega Genesis and an Xbox, I decided that I had to own the Cube. The first game I bought was Pikmin!

In Pikmin you play as a very small man named Captain Olimar. His ship crash lands on a planet (Earth, which is never exactly stated but is pretty obvious for numerous reasons). Olimar figures he will die there because important parts to his ship were scattered everywhere and he only has 30 days before his space suit fails and the poisonous oxygen that permeates the planet kills him. Just when it looks like all hope is lost, he stumbles upon a red object that, once he approached, appeared to come alive.

The red object he deems an Onion, and out of this onion comes a seed that implants itself into the ground where seconds after a small sprout shoots up. Olimar picks the sprout and that is where the first Pikmin is discovered. It isn't long before Olimar realizes these Pikmin could help him search and gather up the pieces of his ship, and the hunting begins!

There are three different kinds of Pikmin and a huge load of enemies looking to eat them. The red Pikmin, the very first Pikmin you acquire, is the strongest out of the three and they are immune to fire. The yellow Pikmin can be thrown very high and far and they can use bomb rocks, which can be found inside tin cans or skulls, to defeat enemies or to knock down rock walls. Last, the blue Pikmin, can go in water without dying.

Pikmin is a great game to play and I will continue to enjoy it's awesomeness.
on December 3, 2002
If you are a GameCube owner, chances are you chose your console partly because of the innovations usually found in titles produced by Nintendo itself. Nintendo's track record for first party titles is virtually untainted and is completely un-challenged. While owners of Nintendo's consoles may have less titles to choose from than competitors, the percentage of garbage titles to appear on other consoles far outstrips that of Nintendo's systems. That being said, Pikmin is an innovative masterpiece that should not be over looked. The gameplay is fantastic and very addictive. I read many reviews referring to the game as being short. While I cannot say the game is long, I must admit that it wasn't as short as I thought it would be, based on other's feedback. It incorporates two genres (platform and strategy) successfully into what is really a unique new play experience. You do have to think about how you will go about several tasks, or you won't be able to complete them. Pikmin's graphics are wonderful as well. It is a game that makes me smile rather than feeling down after playing. Many thanks to Nintendo for not re-hashing the same stuff over and over again as competitors do. Just when I think innovation in the game market is becoming dull, a title like Pikmin, or Animal Crossing, or Metroid Prime comes along to challenge this notion. I only hope there is a sequel. Until then, lets hope the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker delivers.
on June 10, 2003
My two kids, ages 8 and 11 were hooked the moment the wrapper was off the case!
The game looked deceptively simple...but as I sat down and watched my kids trying to get the various Pikmin around (red, blue, yellow, each group with specific functions), I realised that there was a fair bit of game management and some brainwork involved (my kids insist that strategy is involved too). The game pace is kept at a decent level, driven by the urgency that all 30 spaceship parts have to be recovered within a 30 days period. And, having characters that are really cute only makes the overall game all the more appealing.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the graphics e.g. the realism of the water in the ponds for instance. It is definitely a great improvement over the graphics of previous Nintendo games such as Mario Party, Pokemon Stadium, Hey You, Pikachu! or Donkey Kong.
Of course, this game was meant to complement and showcase the Gamecube console. Given the features and gameplay, this game does an admirable job of that, and it's worth the buy if you are fan of Nintendo's popular games such as Pokemon or Mario Bros.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.