Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on March 11, 2013
What a wonderful book packed with information on rider bio-mechanics and exercises to help you strengthen your core and balance. A must read for anyone who rides horses or for the rider who wants to improve their seat and balance! It gives you an in depth understanding as to how easily our bodies can influence our horse's movement and balance, and how some of their behaviors (falling in or out, being crooked, etc.) are actually the result of us being off balance and causing the problem! It really gave me more "rider awareness."

I highly recommend this book over Janice Dulak's book "Pilates for the Dressage Rider". It much more well written and illustrated and the book is better laid out for the reader. A must "addition" for any equestrian's library! Your horse will thank you!

I also recommend, in conjunction with this book, anything from rider biomechanics expert Colleen Kelly.
on February 28, 2011
This book provided just what I was looking for--a clear and well described link between Pilates and riding. It describes the use of muscles in riding and gives exercises both to help you feel those muscles and other exercises to help strengthen them symmetrically for the benefit of you and your horse. I have done enough Pilates with non-riders to know the basics and developed some of the muscles. However, this book provides a much clearer picture about how to tailor the Pilates exercises for the rider. I think this book also provides information in such a way that even the novice to Pilates will be able to benefit. Highly recommended!
on June 29, 2011
Pilates is a 'must do' for dressage riders. This book is practical -- written by a rider. One of the best descriptions of how to do a half halt that I've read. Read it, do the exercises and you'll be a better rider.
on April 7, 2014
easy layout, like the expanations given. Exercises are at the end of book with pictures. Rest of book explains anatomy, breathing, and other aspect that are important for the exercises. Shows muscle groups in detail and how to isolate them.
on March 10, 2013
I am using some of these tips in exercise classes I teach and i plan to use it in teaching core exercises for riders at my trainers barn.
The book is well written by an author that has a lot of horse and body knowledge.
on April 21, 2016
I am making breakthroughs in my riding following the principles in this book, wish I'd read it years ago!
on March 12, 2016
Good instructions and illustrations take yo along. The book has a lot of interesting content, written down clearly, realistically and with humor.
on July 9, 2016
i like this book a lot and i think it will help me with my riding a lot.
on November 6, 2011
purchased this after reading a review so I now have three books I couldn't be without. as the other review said best description of a half halt yet
on August 15, 2014
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!! Have ridden all my life but have had back problems the last few years. This is tremendous, well written information for ANY rider. Buy this book.