Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 301 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 341 reviews
on June 1, 2017
Read the book or watch the movie, Pilgrim's Progress will help you see that this life is a journey and God wants us to stay on the right path…all the way till the end. -The problem is, Lots of people come along the way... to try to take us off the path…and we follow them…because we trust what they say…we trust the wrong people and things. Thankfully, God always sends someone, to help us get back…on the right path again…-but we have to pay attention and notice, otherwise -we can miss and not recognize when they come...
on October 31, 2015
Everything seems to be Biblically sound, but the bit of millenialism in this movie, when Christian is in the house with the women and one man, and he watches the part with the woman who says she is left behind on the earth (you'll have to see what I mean, when you watch the movie).
on January 6, 2017
I really wanted to like this movie since I loved the book, but this was very chintzy and I couldn't take it serious. It has a good story, but it was like they had no budget for the movie, so the story is lost because the acting is so lame.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 27, 2016
This movie is a doctored up version of 70's version of Pilgrim's Progress. Some of the special effects are not high quality and the makeup special effects leave something to be desired. Overall, it was a decent story line and it is a nice contrast to the cartoon version that I like as well as the Liam Neeson version. I think this one more closely parallels the book than some other renditions. If you're looking for a more "Hollywood" version of this beloved story line, then you will find this appealing. Some of the imagery definitely has more of an impact on your thinking, simply because the visuals bring the book to life. I've watched it several times. For a while, it was our "go to" movie.
on November 20, 2016
Although this modern day version is not what I had expected I am happy to recommend this movie of Pilgrims Progress. Perhaps the contemporary setting will appeal more to the younger generation and it it does it will have served its purpose well.

i use it as an adjunct to my lectures in business ethics at the Master's level, along with the print version of the book to help prepare young students for some of life's trials and tribulations. John Bunyan's own life story is inspirational to all.

John Barnes,
Bangkok,
Thailand.
on November 16, 2015
Our family loves this rendition of Pilgrim's Progress. We have 4 kids from 4 to 11 and they all enjoy it. We have watched it many times now and it is still good!
on April 14, 2017
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. Should be required viewing for every young person! A current remake in modern times of the old classic; well done and of course, the message is eternal!
on January 9, 2016
Received on time and functioned as advertised. I'm a satisfied customer and will order the same when needed. Thank You.
on May 1, 2011
This is an amazing movie! A recent re-make of the 1950's version of the 17th century account of one man's biblical interpretation of the Christian earthly journey to eternal life in heaven. It is biblically accurate regarding what the bible (both old and new Testament) teaches about the faith necessary to complete life's journey and the things that derail and snare us along the way. It is replete with sound effects and visual gymnastics that give the viewer a panoramic view of bible themes and depictions (e.g., "the valley of the shadow of death"). I encourage families to watch this movie together. I've shared it at least 10 times with neighbors, family, and friends; encouraging them to take the DVD and share it with someone else, I simply order another. It is that important to share the story of redemption, especially to those who have doubts about the reality and soverignty of God. There is a companion bible study book avaialable also.
on August 28, 2014
If you'd like a movie that can be enjoyed as a couple, with friends or as a family - this is your film - complete with monsters and action for the men!

"Pilgrim's Progress: A journey to Heaven" is adapted from the John Bunyan novel written in 1678. It is the timeless story of spiritual warfare . . . the progress of the Christian soul throughout this lifetime. It is as relevant now (if not more so!) as it was when it was written.

In this contemporary rendition complete with special effects we see the main character "Christian" fights demons as he makes his journey through the world and towards the heavenly gates. The narrow path ain't the easy one (as we know!) and Christian is led astray more than once! The film gives visual evidence to our difficult but rewarding journey of Faith by showing actual battles, sword fights, etc with evil creatures/situations and even a giant troll (he looks like an evil "Shrek,") who imprisons & tortures Christian and a companion. This is not a Hollywood type production but a welcomed and refreshing change. I have also published this review to my blog.