Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

85%
15%
Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on July 4, 2016
Always dope, always curren$y. Got it brand new for 4$
on February 6, 2016
not as great as the first realease.. Still amazing contents
on August 10, 2013
great album. not a lot of hits but it still could bump. currency is doing his thing out here. real
on September 21, 2011
I had never heard this cd before buying it, but I was confident knowing it was a Curren$y album. It is one of those albums you can leave on repeat without messing with what track its on, and every song is memorable and fun to listen to everytime.
on June 18, 2011
Curren$y is nothing short of a genius when it comes to music...his ability to mass produce album after album but more importantly the quality that he continues to deliver to fans like myself. I liked this album from top to bottom, my personal favorites are "Airbrone Aquarium", the obvious "Michael Knight", "Famous", inpart becasue of the "Street Car Named Desire" reference and I had just watched the movie haha, "Silence" with Mckenzie Eddy who does the song some justice as well as the other tracks which are solid. I was surprised to see that this album sold less than Pilot Talk, I understand why, Curren$y's reluctance to submit to the mainstream confines like his man Wiz khalifa did, and even he didnt sale with that horrible single. I didnt waaste my money on that album. Anyway, if you havent heard the album its worth every penny, his music is timeless, I still listen to it. by the way, when is Muscle Car Chronicles coming out?? what is Dame doing over there...
on February 27, 2011
I've been a fan of curren$y since I heard him on C-Murder' TRU DAWGS.He has a great sound and amazing punch lines
such as from TRU DAWGS "you talking bout you pop caps to wet me/the only caps you pop is off a bottle of pepsi"
I kinda knew I would be slightly disapointed with his 2 albums Pilot talk 1 and 2 when I saw damon dash is co-executive producer and putting the hot spitta with New York beats don't sound right.I wasn't feeling the beats at all and i expected them to be similar to those on No Limit or at least southern beats.
once I looked past the lousy beats his lyrics are still hot

So don't buy his 2 albums expecting the southern style beats we are use to hearing him rap over you'll be disapointed but BUY them cause CURREN$Y is still da Hot Spitta
on December 28, 2010
PILOT TALK 1&2 belongs up there with other classic hip hop series! The Chronics, the Carters, and sorry in my lifetime(JAY-Z) dosent belong on this small list. I LUV HIP HOP, cant believe list is so small...
on December 25, 2010
Very few MCs(are they called that anymore?) and music production mesh so well as with this. This is just really good music and I haven't heard Hip Hop in a while.
This brotha has a certain swag and delivery that is if nothing else, refreshing. I listen to it completely without a skip. A double treat when you have decide to listen to either the bars or the exceptional soundtrack, both are equally outstanding. Don't download this, do the art justice and purchase the CD, it sounds better than an MP3 anyway. I think i'll buy a couple copies as gifts. ONE.
on December 24, 2010
Other reviewers have already covered most of the strong points of this excellent album, but have omitted one critical highlight - the best hook of the year:
"Michael Knight, Michael Knight Michael Knight
Michael Knight, Michael Knight Michael Knight
Michael Knight, sku-du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du"
Genius!
Seriously though, Pilot Talk & Pilot Talk II are rap essentials of 2010.
I give this CD 4.5 out of 5 stars, and sku-du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du rounds it up to 5.
Curren$y & Ski Beatz bring the flavor like a musical Ben & Jerry. Have a taste.
on December 22, 2010
In the second album of the Pilot Talk series, Curren$y showcases his skills even further. Unlike his first album, which had a number of guest appearances from big name rappers like Snoop Dog, Devin the Dude, and Mos Def, this one primarily features just a few people from his crew. The exception being the final track where Raekwon makes an appearance. Curren$y's style is very laid back but confident. He manages to enunciate well but still sound like he doesn't have a care in the world. He mainly raps about smoking, women, and how amazing his life is. Cliché as it may seem in the rap genre, he is very creative in how he goes about rapping about these things. He uses lots of poetic elements that invoke a nice sense of imagery and listening to him rhyme about how good things are makes me feel good too. The production he is backed with is amazing. It contains lots of jazz, funk and soulful instrumentals. This all together provides for a consistent album start to finish. I never have the slightest inclination to skip a track when I listen to it.

2010 was a very big year in hip-hop; Big Boi, Kanye West, Black Sheep, Black Milk, Shad, Panacea, The Roots all put out amazing albums and that's just to name a few. However, among all those Pilot Talk II is easily my favorite rap album of 2010.