Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

• Pilot
  • Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 810 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,334 reviews
on June 7, 2016
My fiance started watching this a couple weeks ago during his downtime at home. I'm not sure what season he's on, but he blew through season 1 a while ago. Everyday when I get home from work, he's watching (he gets off earlier than I), and he watched it all last weekend. Personally, I think it's a pretty good show, but I have less downtime to sit and watch endless episodes, so I'm not always caught up on what's going on once I join him. Truthfully I think he likes it because of the quick whit and the sex scenes, as sometimes those are funny as well.
on February 9, 2014
I watched Season 1 and was on the 10th episode. Then Amazon Prime started charging for it. Very disappointed. I feel like it was the old bate and switch. Get you hooked and then charge for it. As far as the series goes, Hank provokes a love hate relationship for sure. I really disapprove of his sleeping around but the guy is so funny and actually has a compassionate side.
on July 24, 2016
Never having seen this show before but hearing great things about it led me to begin ay the beginning- Season 1 Episode 1 and now I have seen the first 8 episodes. Duchovny aka Fox Mulder from the X-Files plays the lead role as a out of work writer in a land of make believe, aka California.
Surrounded by sex, crazy situations and crazy people, he maintains his sanity by drinking and "shooting from the hip" on all topics. Similar to Charlie Harper ( Charlie Sheen in 2 1/2 Men), women throw themselves at his charm and wit each episode, while struggling to play an absentee father to a daughter that adores and misses him. It is well acted and the cast was well chosen. Cant wait to watch the rest of the first season.
on April 19, 2016
This is my 2nd run thru of Californification. Still great rapier wit in the dialogue & 'this is not my beautiful wife' Karen is still here(thank you Natascha), as well as the voice of most reason 'don't touch the hair' daughter Rebecca( and thank you to Madeleine ).
Hank drew those he loved into his quagmire of delusions that the west coast was killing his soul when it was his east coast nature that was the fuel & a catalyst of his demise.
I just wish they would have used the La Brea Tar Pits as a set at least once somehow; Hank drunk driving or fence jumping into the sticky black depths that would draw the whole cast to the edge of the abyss.
on March 30, 2013
There is not much that I can add to what has already been written. One more 5 star review can't hurt, right? I gave up on network television years ago. What I do now is try out a show on DVD or Blu. I usually buy the 1st seasons used so I am not out too much green. This one I could have bought new, wrapped in old fish wrap, gold trimmed or whatever. This is great entertainment. Yeah there is a lot of nakedness and such. I don't think that it is gratuitous because it just underlines the whole story by putting it all on the table for all to see, not just implied for a side note. I have always liked DD's work and Californication is what he was destined for. I don't know when this went on or off the air, but I am glad I found it. Like I said I truly cannot add more to the great reviews without sounding like a fool. Showtime keeps putting out winners. Of course I am not a fan of all of their shows, but when they get them right, it's great. The only downside is that the show is only 30 minutes long and there are only 10 shows to a season. That is true of most of the really good ones, Nurse jackie, Weeds etc. This is not a waste of 340 or so minutes of your life. I'll gladly give Californication another 340 for season 2 and who knows, every year they put out.
on September 5, 2014
One star is too many, worst most unrealistic show ever.
The main character gets to live out a fantasy script where he bangs everyone and has all the one liners and it just keeps repeating itself.
Seriously, if you've ever thought "god, I want to tell that guy to shut up but I cant" or thought "i'd love to bang her but I cant", then this show is for you.
on July 7, 2014
Love this series. It's a very fun show to watch, a good mix of funny, sexy, and a bit of drama. On the surface it may seem to objectify women, because many of the less central female characters are two-dimensional, but the same goes for the male characters. The show can be surprisingly sentimental, and the main protagonist Hank Moody is very likeable despite plenty of flaws.

The show is extremely enjoyable and addicting, so be warned that you may end up spending hours watching the whole series in a a marathon!
on February 20, 2015
Pure garbage. Can't anyone in Hollywood compose a sentence that doesn't contain the "F" word?
on December 24, 2015
This is definitely a show for men and not women, unless the women watching are lesbians. If it were a show for women, the main character would be likable and not just a thing to be pitied. High ratings because Duchovny is adorable and can play any role, especially this one. Men will no doubt watch it because of the high nudity content. I'm not sure why Duchovny chose to play a role that would make every woman hate him, unlike his X-Files role, which made every woman fall in love with him--but if I were to guess--he purposely chose this role to reverse his magnetic attraction. The plot is bland.
on January 23, 2014
I am watching season 3 now.

Well written, well played, some time really funny.
But I can't say I really like it.

I cannot completely grasp my head around the main character.
If he is an alcoholic, a smoker and a drugs user, why is he in such a good physical shape with perfect air.
There is the cliche: alcoholic writer that can write.

His relations with his long time girl friend/wife: Can you really be faithful one week and sleep 2 different woman the next week,
for 3 seasons of the show.

The language: I am not against using the F word or the S word at all, but in this show it is use everywhere even to qualify Father Daughter relation ship.

Is it because I do not live in California, that I do not get this show, or is just Hollywood and most people that make TV shows that
do not live in the same world as me.

I will watch it, but I do not get what is theme of the show really about.