About the Product
- Soar through the skies in this revisiting of the classic Nintendo franchise
- Mission mode and Free Flight Mode offer a wealth of activities, challenges and gameplay
- Pilotwings Resort pulls your personal Mii character from the Mii Maker application, and features the Mii
- Unlock new skills and equipment by progressing in the game
- snap photos of postcard-perfect locales on Wuhu Island with the hang glider in Free Flight mode and in Mission Flight mode
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Pilotwings Resort is a single player flight simulation game for Nintendo 3DS.* An update of the classic Nintendo Pilotwings series, Pilotwings Resort allows for all-new adventures and challenges of your piloting skills as you engage in three means of flight: plane, rocket belt and hand glider. Each has their own distinctive controls and capabilities regarding altitude and speed. The game also allows the player to immortalize the feeling of flight by taking in-game snapshots. Players can also import their favorite Miis into the game.
A Classic is Updated on 3DS
Pilotwings Resort puts the player in the pilot's seat as never before in this long-awaited three-dimensional update to the Pilotwings series. Import your Mii characters from the Nintendo 3DS Mii Maker and explore Wuhu Island (the star of Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus) by plane, by hang glider and by rocket belt. Each vehicle type features unique controls that offer a different challenge. Complete around 40 challenging flight missions in Mission Mode to earn stars, or scour Wuhu Island for hundreds of collectible Extras in Free Flight Mode as you unlock interactive 3D Dioramas of various aircraft and famous island monuments. Get a bird's-eye view of familiar Wuhu Island sites – and a few new ones. You can even share your experiences with friends and family members by taking in-game photos and saving them to the Nintendo 3DS photo album. Pilotwings Resort is an aerial sports game gem that offers amazing 3D views of Wuhu Island.
Nintendo 3DS is a groundbreaking hardware release that brings 3D gaming to the handheld market for the first time. The fourth major release in the DS product line, the Nintendo 3DS utilizes 3D Slider functionality and an improved top LCD display to present a glasses-free 3D effect in compatible games, while giving players the option to moderate the effect as they see fit. Taken together with additional features including full analog control in 3D game environments, motion and gyro sensors that transfer the movements of the handheld into the game, 3D camera functionality, an adjustable stylus and full backwards compatibility and you have not only a must-have system, but a revolution in handheld gaming.
Key Game Features
- Soar Through the Skies in This Classic Nintendo Franchise
- Soar through the skies over the tropical Wuhu Island in a hang glider, rocket belt or plane each with its own unique controls, distinct feel of flight and new game play
- Hours of High-flying Fun
- Mission Mode and Free Flight Mode offer a wealth of activities, challenges and game play for gamers of all tastes. Leisurely soar around Wuhu Island and explore and catalogue points of interest, or fly competitively in missions that are based on time and points
- Take Control of an Amazing 3D Flying Experience with Your Mii Characters
- Pilotwings Resort pulls your personal Mii character from the Mii Maker application, and features the Mii as the star of this adventure
- Unlock new skills and equipment by progressing in the game
- Share the Fun with Family and Friends
- You can snap photos of postcard-perfect locales on Wuhu Island with the hang glider in Free Flight Mode and as part of select challenges in Mission Flight Mode
- Photos of your aerial adventures on Wuhu Island may be saved to the Nintendo 3DS photo album and shared with your friends and family
Multiple fling devices.
Fly by day or night.
Multiple game modes.
Use your Mii in-game.
* Nintendo 3DS sold separately.
Top Customer Reviews
Resort is very Wii-like. A great improvement over the Nintendo DS graphics. If you've played Wii Sports Resort then you know what to expect. It's obviously more pixelated than Resort, but the small screens mask this really well. I enjoy the different times of day you can play through. It adds a greater sense of depth to the game as lights in buildings turn on as the game gets darker and there are different occurances depending on when you choose to play.
I personally feel like the audio is not a strong point at all. There is one audio track each for the airplane, jetpack, and hang glider. I felt like this got very repetitive as I failed played more and more. They aren't bad by any means, but it would have been nice to have a little more variety.
Sounds throughout the game are very much like Resort. When piloting the airplane (whether flying, zooming or even shooting), the sounds are identical to resort.
Great gameplay while it lasts. I felt the physics in the game were pretty accurate and never messed up unless it was my fault. This made playing and mastering the game more enjoyable, because i didn't have to worry about the game not responding well to my commands. It was just a matter of me getting better.
The game starts off extremely easy as you participate in 'Training Mode'. I know Nintendo has moved to a more casual audience, but I really don't appreciate holding their hand as they try to teach me how to play.Read more ›
Of course, the star feature in this game is the 3D effect. Simply put, it is phenomenal. Even compared to other 3DS titles, this game's 3D is deep and incredibly functional. It's not just a gimmick...playing the game in 3D vs. 2D will give players a clear advantage, as you can accurately gauge the depth and distance for targets and landing. As with any 3D game, playing for too long may cause eye strain and even a little dizziness, so take breaks (or periodically switch to 2D). But seriously, this is the game to show off the power of your new 3DS!
Boy, was I blown away by the game. I didn't have much expectations based on lackluster reviews by some of the gaming sites, but right away I was familiar with everything without resorting to the manual. The game is straightforward and it was very easy to pick up and play. The graphics are very comparable to the Wii and at times I thought I was playing Wii Sports Resort on my 3DS. The Rocket Pack, Hanglider and the Plane are all very easy to control and being able to explore the island of Wuhu and accomplish missions is absolutely charming and overall a fun experience. I do not regret my purchase of this game one bit.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Resort aspect is definetly a lie, you do not get a hotel room, no room service , no concierge or high end hookers in the bar, Nintendo really dropped the ball on this one namewise.Published 3 months ago by DoomtrainInc
Yay a plane!
Really, I loved Pilotwings on SNES back in the day, but those graphics did not age well, and I have more fun flying planes in JC2:MP so I kind of gave up on... Read more
First off, this has to hands down be one of the best 3D games (visually speaking) for the 3DS ever made! Read morePublished 5 months ago by Michael Anthony Porter
It takes practice to 3 star some events, but it's worth it in the end. I also enjoy the free flight mode where you have to find 75 collectibles.Published 6 months ago by Chris Haver