Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 175 reviews
on March 12, 2012
Pineapple Grenade by Tim Dorsey is the newest addition in the continuous adventures of Serge Storms, the internationally acclaimed Florida Folklorists and occasional serial killer. The good guys and the bad guys of the Black Ops variety are busily confusing each other as usual, when Serge gets the itch to try his hand at being a spy. Ever faithful, Coleman stumbles along at his side and even picks up some party pals who learn together that straight razors are not the best thing to use in crowded spaces for cutting stuff. Along the way Serge encounters a gorgeous lady spy, but not as much history as Serge fans are used too, though Surge on a grounded airplane is almost as much fun as Surge on a train.
If your world is making you angry, this as any of the other Serge stories will quickly reboot your sense of humor, as Surge fights to bring order to our totally whacked out world with his usual OCD brilliance. I really enjoyed the realism of the Rebel's depiction and would have liked to see more of them.
on July 18, 2017
I enjoy all of the Serge Storms stories, this author must have met some pretty weird people is his day to write these stories and also he
has a very vivid imagination. These books may not be for everyone, and I only recommend them to certain people I know.
on April 4, 2013
Most of the one-star critics of this book cite incidents of Dorsey's left-leaning politics leaking into the story. I, too, was put off some by his fashionable hat-tip-to-the-left belittling of Sarah Palin whom I adore.

BUT...

Dorsey is a master of ground-level humor. There's no denying it. He is also a dedicated researcher of detailed earthy Florida history, which broadens his audience beyond the clubby bookstore set. He writes for the Florida audience many of whom have BEEN to the places he describes in such detail (and, if not, they plan to go.) The sedan pictured on the back cover of all his books has traveled and traversed the entire state many times.

Pineapple Grenade is number thirteen of fifteen NYT bestsellers. It may not be his best but it doesn't need to be. It's part of a continuing saga.

So to those who criticize Dorsey's writing on account of a small dust-speck of leftist dogma I say, name ONE known conservative author as talented at humor (besides Ann Coulter who does not write fiction- she doesn't need to.)
on April 4, 2012
Once again Serge and Coleman travel Florida making the state safer for the 'good' people and not so safe for the unsavory characters who prey on them.

Tim Dorsey's knowledge of Florida is amazing! I love the way he incorporates so much unknown Florida trivia within his stories.

No intrinsic messages in any of Tim's books - just pure, fast-paced sophomoric fun. These are not books for the squeamish by any means. But, for those of us who love his sick, twisted humor (and I am on top of that list!) the books are page turners that will leave you wanting more the instant you finish the book.

For potentially new Dorsey readers I suggest you read these books in sequence, from the start, to get the full flavor of Serge's adventures and the ever developing cast of characters. Then, fasten your seat belt, hang on and enjoy the ride.

Tim Dorsey you are one sick man!! I love you for that and the for the escape you provide me from the mundane 'semi-reality' of Florida life... lol
on August 11, 2016
Having read all of Dorsey's Serge books up to this, which was a "let's get something written so I can fulfill my contract and get my next advance" oeuvre, this was a big disappointment. Totally disjointed plot, unfunny situations and dialogue...need I go on? Forgetting the political slant which Dorsey forcefeeds the reader and adds nothing to a nothing story, this was a poor effort by a clever author who knows, and has, written much, much better
on June 20, 2016
I'm assuming this is on my account because my Mom bought this book from my brother who is in jail. I haven't heard of any riots lately, so I'm assuming he liked it. If he ever gets out of jail and speaks in a language I can understand, I'll let you know how he liked this book. So far, if I don't hear him complaining all the way from jail, then it's not only a good day, but means he actually liked something which rarely happens.
on May 23, 2017
I'm weird and I like weird books, this is awesome!
on August 7, 2012
I read the poor reviews and bought this book anyway. I've read every book in the series. So I was expecting at least a little bit of a confusing plot, a liberal rant, attacks on Sarah Palin, etc. Where do I begin? What the hell were you people reading! This may have been the best book yet. It was hysterical. If you think this is a complicated plot, stay away from British mysteries. You think that was an attack on Palin? Don't watch stand-up comedy. If you are offended by how easily we can be manipulated like puppets then don't read this book. If your last name is Rove, don't read this book. I think Mr. Dorsey is growing and some people are not going to be able to keep up. But what do I know? I still like Jimmy Buffet.
Serge Storms, is off his med's again, and Florida's bad guys aren't safe anymore. This series has particular meaning for me, as I lived in Florida for many years. He was an editor for the Tampa, Fl. paper for many years, and his locations are spot on! If you enjoy funny novels you can't beat Tim Dorsey's books.
on March 23, 2017