Pinewood Derby Dry Graphite with Moly additive
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Custom blend of dry powdered graphite with molybdenum disulfide added for maximum speed
- Minimizes pinewood derby axle and wheel friction
- High performance specially made for pinewood derby cars and CO2 powered Dragsters
- Puffer tube with pointed tip for easy application to axles and wheels
- Use to lubricate any surface to reduce friction and eliminate squeaks
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Pinewood Pro’s dry powdered PRO Graphite is a special blend of ultra-fine graphite with sub-micron molybdenum disulfide (also known as “moly”) additive to give you the best graphite blend that minimizes friction on pinewood derby car axles and CO2 powered Dragster axles making your car speed to the finish line.
According to Pinewood Pro’s track tests (http://www.pinewoodpro.com/pinewood-derby-speed-tests.php), lubricating your axles with graphite is the single most important way to increase your car speed.
- PRO Graphite has been a proven race winner for over 15 years!
PRO Graphite can also be used in a multitude of applications from loosening locks and squeaky hinges to reducing friction on any mechanical device.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- a little goes a long way - apply very small amounts at a time then work it into the contact points then apply a little more
- powder is very light and comes out in "puffs" - no need to tip the entire tube upside down to apply - you'll get it all over the place - gotta tap gingerly
- so far 1 tube was enough for 3 cars and seems like it has plenty for another 3 at least
Just be mindful that it will temporarily blacken skin/hands and may stain other things, same as pencil graphite. In other words, don't let it get on anything you wouldn't rub a pencil tip on.
I won't pretend to be a hot shot pinewood derby racer. I'm sure it is great for those cars too but I will let the guys who are clocking their cars before and after every step give you the skinny on performance there ;)
Update: This went into my boy's first pinewood derby car and I actually did do a little bit of clocking. BEFORE using this lubricant a flick of the wheels would cause them to spin for 3-4 seconds before stopping (on polished axles). After working in a bunch of this lubricant a flick of the wheels will have them spinning for 20-40 seconds! I think they are inconsistent because my boy did the work himself and some axles/wheels got more lubricant than others, not because the lubricant is inconsistent by the way, but clearly this is an amazing reduction in friction!!