- File Size: 706 KB
- Print Length: 97 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: GreenWords Media (April 7, 2015)
- Publication Date: April 7, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00UULL89G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#383,115 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #1625 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #2053 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- #4549 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Romance
Pinky Promise: A Christian Romance (Riverbend Romance Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The second Riverbend Romance shares the town with Secretly Yours, but with the exception of an obscure mention of the mission trip can be read separately and therefore in any order. It’s a very different story as well, with the challenges having more to do with parenting and previous failed relationships than any existing bond between Kelly and Ian prior to the story. I’ve had trouble before with reading the books in a series all at once because the patterns start to stand out. This is not the case here at all. There are no patterns beyond the very basic ones of faith and love, allowing me to experience each character as a unique person, which is Valerie Comer’s strength.
This story starts with parenting. Kelly and Ian first meet over their daughters’ heads as the two girls pronounce themselves twins thanks to a teacher’s comment about their shared birthdays. It’s bad enough that this comment forces them together, but then Kelly discovers Ian is her new boss as well, making her own interest, and that of her daughter Elena, even more complicated.
It’s not enough to deal with a workplace romance and pressure from two young girls eager for a complete family, though. As the novella progresses, Ian has to examine his own life and to recognize how his first marriage failed before he’s ready to hear how God is answering his prayers in Kelly for all he prays about the question. Kelly has her own hesitations as well, knowing not just her heart is at risk in this, fears Ian’s behavior plays into all too well.
The character growth within the story is strong and the characters are endearing. Still, while I loved the ending, this one felt a little rushed to me. There is easily enough story for a longer work, but at the same time, I enjoyed the story I got so maybe I just wanted more time with them. The character nuances are strong, the girls are delightful and realistic, and I loved both the inclusion of the extended families and how their parents had very different reactions to the possibility of Kelly and Ian falling in love. I think, of everything, my favorite part was Ian’s realization of his own flaws because it’s a real growth point.
There’s a lot to enjoy in this novella, and I’m eager to read the next one, if only to see what other distinct stories Valerie Comer has to tell about this town.
I would’ve liked it if the romance was slowed down some. It was too much too soon and seemed to go against Ian’s think-things-through personality. Especially considering Ian’s history—he should’ve slowed things down considerably. Also, Kelly’s backstory and the way she responded to Ian seemed as if she was in danger of falling for the same trap twice.
Not a bad story. Well written. I would recommend it with the reservations above.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Kelly Bryant doesn’t know what to do with her daughter Elena, after the child meets Sophie Tomlinson.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary