Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on March 14, 2013
Back in my High School days Effigy of the Forgotten was on high rotation for me. When they "broke up" in 1998 after releasing what I thought was their swan song Despise the Sun, I was bummed. DtS was a ridiculously good CD, although short, and I was left wanting more of something that I thought would never come. Luckily the band got back together in 2003 with some line-up changes, but the albums that came out, while great in their own right, weren't the follow up to their early stuff I was waiting for.
THIS is the CD I've been waiting for! When I heard a short preview I was very excited, then I saw the video for As Grace Descends and I couldn't have been happier. Its fast, the bass is articulate (my biggest beef with Blood Oath- no bass)Dave Culross's drumming is dead on, and the production is superb. When it comes to death/grind you are looking for something that just gets you pumped. Pinnacle of Bedlam is the soundtrack to some serious face punching.

Pros:
Everything

Cons:
None (unless you are too weak to handle it)

Bottom line: this is what the emotion of anger sounds like.
on February 22, 2013
Suffocation sets the bar in 2013 with Pinnacle of Bedlam. This album is a masterpiece. A perfect blend of old school death metal with 3/4 Time signatures, brutal blast beats, thundering double bass rolls, technical riff progressions, and blistering solos that make your hair stand on the back of your neck. I would hate to be the band that has to follow Suffocation on this release. PURE GENIUS. It is super refreshing to hear a death metal band come out with this much hook, groove, and crush all in one album. Don't miss out and pick this one up. \m/
on April 26, 2013
suffocation release a new masterpiece this is prolly their best album to come out since pierced fro within and effigy of the forgotton as grace desends is brutal the album is 100% pure suffocation and u wrould expect no less from one of the classic Deathmetal bands to come out in the early 90s they were at the forefront of it along with Cannibal corpse. Deicide. Morbid angel .obituary. death and many more i cant think of right now so pick up a copy of pinnacle of bedlam and stay brutal
on February 14, 2016
Definitely not Suffocation's best work sadly. Only stand out track is the one they remade. If you're looking for a good Suffocation album then I would suggest either Effigy, Breeding the spawn or Pierced from within. Stick with old school Suffo!
on September 24, 2014
I never really collected too many Suffocation cd's. There's just something about the reverb on the drums I never got used to. However, on this cd, the mix is tight and clear - and the riffs are catchy. Yes, I know they have a new drummer on this one. This cd stays in my car cd player for days on end. Definitely one of my favorites.
on May 25, 2014
I love this album!!!! Suffocation has proven they are one of the best death metal bands out there, and this definitely shows that in some respects especially with newcomer Dave Culross on drums. His fluid like technique really adds some dynamics to the whole chemistry of this band. I am however a little disappointed in Terrence's playing on this album. He doesn't seem to spend as much time on leads like he's done in the past, and that is only a negative because people always want to hear more of his playing because he is so awesome. I was kind of let down in that regard, so I took a star off. Terrence, hopefully, you will do some more cool stuff on the next album. Very good album, and a must have for collectors out there.
on May 6, 2013
This is a great album! Brutal all the way through. A great refinement on the genre. Production is excellent. This album reaches through the speakers to punch you in the face without too much getting lost. The only reason I did not give this five stars is because I do not care for their current drummer. He absolutely smothers these songs. If there is an opportunity to hit something, he takes it. Sometimes, less is more.
on June 17, 2017
Both of these albums rule!
My son and I are huge Suffocation fans!
on March 27, 2013
There is almost no band that actually improves with time. Every band eventually fails, then re-groups and comes back with good material. Suffocation had a short absence from the scene but they have only come back stronger and are the only band, along with Sinister, whose current material out-weighs their classic material. Too hard to give this a 5-star rating but I would consider 4.5 stars...
on March 9, 2013
Whatever you thought about Suffocation before, forget it. This album assaults your senses from the very first blast beat. You can not go wrong with this album. And don't be cheap, grab the deluxe edition with the DVD for a little behind the scenes action from all of the guys while recording this soon to be masterpiece!