Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 3, 2014
I'm not sure how you'd even begin to condense a full length animated movie into 24 pages, but they did a relatively good job with Pinocchio, based on the 1940 Disney animated classic (which the American Film Institute named the #2 American animated film of all time, behind only Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!) I can remember my mother taking my three younger sisters and I to see it at the theater during one of it's re-releases - even though I was about 10 at the time, I remember being pretty afraid during certain parts, and in fact, the illustrations brought back some pretty vivid memories, especially of Monstro the whale!

All of the characters I remembered are here... Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, J. Worthington Foulfellow and his sidekick Gideon, Stromboli, Lumpwick (the boy who turned into a donkey on Pleasure Island), Figaro and Cleo, and of course the Blue Fairy, who explains to Pinocchio at the beginning of the story that in order to become a REAL boy, he must prove to be brave, truthful and unselfish. I wish they would've included the part where Pinocchio - when asked by the Blue Fairy why he strayed from going to school - lies, and his nose grows with each lie... that was key to the story. But in the end, of course, Pinocchio does prove himself to be a REAL boy by saving Geppetto.

Even though the book excluded the nose, I filled my grandson in on a little bit more of what happened in the movie, and hopefully one day we'll rent it. He fell in love with "Cars 2" when he was 3, but I really wanted him to experience the older Disney movies as well. Wish we could've afforded a collection of the DVDs, but these Little Golden Books are helping me to give him a little taste of the movies Grandma & Grandpa grew up on. There are so many lessons you can talk through with a youngster after a book like this!

(2017 update: Who else is finding their "verified purchase" tags stripped from their reviews? I purchased 16 Little Golden Books on 3/24/12 during a "4 for 3" promotion Amazon was running... they were $3.99 each, so I paid $47.88 for $63.84 worth of books. My reviews of all 16 books originally carried the "VP" tag. They now have stripped my reviews of that tag, since they've now decided I received a "large discount"! THEY'RE the ones who run these promotions, and they can certainly verify my purchases since they took the money right out of my checking account! So just BEWARE of Amazon's promotions - you don't get credit for what you buy!)
on January 11, 2017
A big part of the legend of Pinocchio is that his nose grows when he lies. This book doesn't bring any of that into the story.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 10, 2018
FAIL! How the hack do you write a Pinocchio book without the part that talked about what happens to his NOSE when he lies? That was the most iconic and important part of the story!! That was the whole point! Don't waste your money.
on April 26, 2017
Doesn't include the portion of the story where pinocchio tells lies and his nose grows, that was the reason I bought the story for my daughter... Other than that it's fine.
on December 1, 2017
I disagree with the other reviewers, there is one mention of (only one though) of pinocchio's nose growing. However, I see this as true to the original story and perfect for kids that need a little more than most picture books offer, but still love to look at pictures.
on February 1, 2017
Disappointed that anything about his nose was not in story
on April 1, 2017
It's not the traditional Pinocchio story ... boring.. bad
on August 3, 2015
The book keeps with the movie pretty closely but leaves out a pretty critical point - his nose getting longer when he lies.
on August 17, 2014
I loved this book as a child and got for my baby nieces little golden collection :) I'm sure she will love this oldy but goody!
on November 26, 2014
You cant go wrong with these books!! Started a book collections for my goddaughter, she's in love with them!