Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on May 8, 2014
I was into the story immediately. Held my interest until the very end. Very well written. Did not want to stop reading.
on April 10, 2014
Was a little strung out sometimes hard to follow but finally finished. She rambeled to much. Takes a while to read.
on March 18, 2015
This was a very good book and once I started reading it, I did not want to put it down.
on January 18, 2015
This isn't really a "review", just ... I really liked this book!
on July 31, 2014
Very superb
on February 8, 2015
Great book
on December 28, 2012
I wasn't expecting Reginald Hill, Collin Dexter, Jill McGowan, or Minette Walters, but nor was I expecting anything this poor. A lawyer defends a truly rotten murderer, but she feels for him because he might be her twin brother presumed to be dead (she has no memory of her early childhood). He is convicted but escapes following which he blackmails the lawyer, and threatens both her and her daughter. No matter, she doesn't want him to be caught, even after he kills a police woman, because well, he might just be this dead brother. It is unbelievable that anyone can be as stupid as this woman. The daughter is just a filler, but despite repeated threats to said daughter's life, lawyer mom refuses police protection. Your daughter is threatened by a stone-cold killer, but you don't want him caught because he might be your 'maybe dead' bother? Really? The nanny/housekeeper/personal assistant, whatever she's supposed to be, is a grateful doormat who is none too bright either. I am unable to finish this book although I did struggle though more than half. The characters are painfully ridiculous. The attempt to create a protagonist who engenders pathos or compassion, or admiration fails completely. She comes across as an idiot. I read many of the reviews of this book and I was convinced to give this a try. I'm not sure if the reviewers read the same book, or the author has a lot of friends, but I could not disagree more with all those favourable reviews. This book had not one redeeming quality.
on April 7, 2013
This woman irritated me so bad. She was supposed to be an intelligent woman and yet did such stupid decisions. I just could not buy into her character. Once I start a book I have to finish it, so I had no option but to get it done.
on January 1, 2013
Julia was very stupid to be a lawyer. The plot was interesting but not realistic for a lawyer,someone with brains,to be that stupid.
on January 4, 2013
I really enjoyed this book andwould recommend it to anyone who likes
mysteries. It kept my attention. Hard to put down