Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 31, 2013
I ordered the Pinzon Diamond Matelasse queen coverlet in Gray as well as the matching shams. I saw the negative comments about wrinkles and dry cleaning and when my little diabetic kitty barfed on it I thought I might be stuck with dry cleaning, because indeed that is recommended on the tag. I took a look at the fabric content and decided "what the hey", spot cleaned and pretreated the dirty brown stain, used a little Oxiclean and cold water wash on gentle cycle with very little detergent. After I determined the spot had indeed come clean, then I put it thru the dryer on perm press and it came out better than new because all the packing wrinkles were also gone. My guest room, with it's navy background paisley wallpaper with one gray painted wall, navy spread with the gray comforter folded at the bottom, the gray shams, and a garnet red boudoir chair now looks like a swank hotel room! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I need it, but since the room is seldom used, it will probably last a long time.
13 people found this helpful
on November 23, 2014
I use this on a Cal King. At first, I thought it was too thin to be warm enough. I also had to play with which way to lay it to make sure I had the coverage set the way I want it: draped over side and enough at the bottom (Cal King remember) to tuck in with nurses-corners.

Well, I was wrong about the thinness. This coverlet keeps you nice and cozy in the Winter temps, especially when a comforter is not enough to do the job. I LOVE the warmth of it. The material would make you think it might slide around the sheets, but I've had no such problems, it stays in place even with my tossing-turning during sleep.

The color matches all the other Pinzon Espresso products (sheets, pillow cases, et al). I haven't washed it yet, even after weeks of use. But, from all the other Pinzon products (the best sheets I've spent money on over the last ten years) I've washed, I don't expect problems.

Whether you have a regular King-size bed, or a California King-size, this coverlet will certainly add the extra warmth you want for cold Winter nights.
on May 4, 2013
I loved this from the moment it arrived. Yes, when you take it out of the package it will retain the crease marks from folding. But if you're like me you will spill your morning coffee on it within a couple of weeks, forcing you to clean it in some way. If you're also like me you will recoil at the thought of how much the dry cleaner is going to charge you so you'll ignore the cleaning recommendation on the label and wash it at home. I applied stain remover then put it in the wash on the gentlest cycle available, in cold water. So far so good. Then I dried it on "Air Fluff" (NO heat) for 40 minutes, then upped the heat to the "Delicate" cycle for another 30 minutes. It came out stain free, and the packaging creases were gone as well. There was no noticeable shrinkage, and all of the stitching remains straight and true. So if you are careful and take some extra time you can care for this at home and not have any issues.

As for comfort - I like my room to be pretty cool at night for sleeping and this provides just the right amount of heat retention for me. Mind you I've slept in the Rockies with the windows open and the temperature (in the room) at 17-degrees, so it doesn't take much to keep me warm. If you are a naturally cold sleeper this will not be enough to keep you warm without additional bed coverings, but it is very nice looking and well made in my opinion.
|0Comment|Report abuse
I'm surprised to see some of the quality comments from back in 2010 and assume that in the intervening 4 years they have improved the quality of this coverlet dramatically. I have been fortunate <?> enough to travel a LOT for work over the years and have stayed in some pretty amazing resorts... I am a bedding snob. Once you have nice bedding it's really hard to go back. This coverlet is of excellent quality.... good sewing (No loose threads, at least until my cat decides to attack it), super soft, and a good weight that to me says "premium." Friends have walked by the bed and commented how nice it is, which is pretty unusual in my experience.

I can recommend this without hesitation.
on October 5, 2012
I really like the look and feel of this coverlet, but it was BARELY long enough to cover the 14" drop on my mattress, and when I dry cleaned it, it shrank enough that there was a visible gap between coverlet and dust ruffle that showed the hanging edges of the sheets, making the bed look sloppy. And unfortunately the little silky threads are delicate enough that my cats' nails would catch them if they walked across it, so I started to get little thread pulls. If you have a 12" deep or less mattress and no cats, this is a beautiful coverlet. I've kept it to use as an extra blanket, but as blankets go it's a pretty expensive one.
on July 7, 2014
This is our first time owning a coverlet, and we love it! We live in South Carolina and my husband like different temperatures at night. I am always cold and he is always hot. This coverlet is perfect for the both of us. It is light, yet still provides some warmth for me. The quality and feel of the coverlet is like those at a fine hotel. The color is spot on....a light, silver gray. I matched this with the Pinzon Hotel Collection sheets and duvet and it looks beautiful!
on July 19, 2012
I was leary about buying this since there were so many negative reviews. But I loved the silver gray color and couldn't find that color anywhere else locally or on Amazon so I decided to buy it for the guest bedroom and see how it holds up. I couldn't have been happier. It's a thin blanket but it feels thick and you can feel the extra layer on your bed. After a couple month's of use I bought the Espresso one for our master bedroom and I couldn't be happier. I didn't have any problems with quality or stitching on either one of mine nor did I have any roughness or odor. And it's such a beautiful piece to add to your bed not only for practical use but also for decor. I keep it folded in half at the bottom of our bed and it gives it a nice hotel feel. Very happy with the products.
on November 5, 2014
Nice and heavy. Used to protect leather sofas from pets. Haven't washed it test but I'm not dry cleaning it when the time comes in the wash it goes with cold Water on delicate. Hope it survives. If you're getting shams be aware that the shade of espresso brown on them is darker ugly grayish black flat color.
on August 7, 2012
I was looking for a simple cover for my bed, nothing with some crazy colors or floral like pattern. This fits the bill. I haven't noticed any stitching problems. And I actually tossed it in the washer before I realized it was dry clean only. It came out fine. It does seem to be coated, I think that is the reason for the dry clean only recommendation. I've got a second on order in a different color so I can change it up often.
on December 5, 2014
Did not realize it has to be dry cleaned.The size is very narrow,making it difficult to make a nice looking bed when it's so narrow. I have chosen to put it away for when guests come to visit. This is simply not a daily use type item
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question