Pinzon Hypoallergenic White Goose Down Comforter - Medium Warmth, Full/Queen
|You Save:||$35.00 (14%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% cotton shell, 75% goose down/25% down fiber fill
- Made in the USA and Imported
- White goose-down comforter provides medium warmth for year-round comfort
- 400-thread-count striped dobby weave; 40 ounces white goose-down filling; 600 fill power
- PermaBaffle, a patented end-to-end 14-inch baffle box construction, keeps filling locked in place
- Machine washable and dryable
- Full/Queen-size comforter measures 90 x 96 inches
- Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Pinzon Hypoallergenic White Goose Down Comforter - Medium Warmth
Luxurious White Goose Down
A true classic, down fill lives up to its reputation of being exceptionally breathable, helping to keep you at an ideal sleeping temperature by pulling away moisture vapor and excess body heat for comfort throughout the night.
Geese, which are larger birds, generally have bigger down clusters, making this goose down comforter exceptionally luxurious.
Down and feathers come in a variety of shades, from white to black-speckled grey. White down and feathers are ideal as they're able to blend in with white bedding.
40 Ounces of Fill for Year-Round Comfort
A great option for year-round use, 40-ounce fill offers medium warmth and ample thickness. At 40 ounces, experience a nice compromise between a lower and higher fill level, making it possible to accommodate a variety of personal preferences and reducing the need to switch out the bedding by season.
You can rest assured that this product is hypoallergenic. This comforter has passed the industry’s most rigid sanitization methods to eliminate any impurities like dust, dirt, oil and dander from the down and feathers in the product.
Baffle-Box Contruction for Extra Thickness
Baffle box stitching uses thin strips of internal fabric called “baffles” that create walls between the top and bottom surface layers. The walls form a checkered-pattern design with each individual box typically measuring between 6 and 15 inches.
Baffle box stitching maximizes thickness and prevents fill from shifting or clumping into corners, helping to maintain an even distribution of fill within each box. Compared to the puffy, sculpted look of sewn-through box stitching, baffle box stitching creates a smoother, flatter appearance.
Compare to similar items
This item Pinzon Hypoallergenic White Goose Down Comforter - Medium Warmth, Full/Queen
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||The Home Shopping Concierge||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Material Type||Cotton||Down||Polyester & Polyester Blend||Synthetic|
|Size||Full/Queen||Queen / Full||Queen||Full/Queen|
Top Customer Reviews
A. Temperature - we go to sleep at 65 degrees F. Our thermostats roll back at 7pm so I am quite comfortable saying its actually 65 degrees when we go to bed.
B. Personal preferences for warmth - my wife is almost always cold. I am almost always hot. During the night, we flip flop. I cool down and become comfortable, she warms up and starts to sweat.
C. We only sleep w/ this comforter and a sheet. Haven't bought a douvet (sp?) yet.
This comforter is fantastic. We are kept comfortably warm all night, neither too hot nor too cold. Our temperatures remained stable through the evening into morning. Its a pleasure to go to sleep underneath one of these.
As mentioned in other reviews, its filled very evenly, lofts nicely when out of the box, and the comforter material is very soft.
Very happy we purchased this item - would not hesitate to recommend to a friend or family member.
Also, with distinctly different experiences described in various reviews, I suspect there could be a difference in the construction and manufacturing of the various sizes and versions ... so to be clear, the one I bought was the FULL/QUEEN size, filled with MEDIUM WARMTH WHITE DOWN
- Nice overall feel and quality for price, well-sewn seams, nice look and feel to fabric.
- Seems a little bit bigger than comparable comforters ... although it can make it harder to find a cover that fits (maybe a con), I actually like this
- Baffles work great, and comforter always seems to maintain nice shape and loft.
- Perfect warmth ... always has been comfortable and cozy through a full range of temperatures
- Although others have said so in their reviews, I've experienced no inkling "smelly feather "odor issues that can sometimes be associated with these.
- Really only one ... this comforter sheds down like crazy, and continues to after 6 months of use (ironic that it is marketed as "hypoallergenic.") Bits of the down slowly, but constantly, pop out through the entire surface of the comforter .. to the point I get "dust bunnies" of down on and around the bed on a regular basic. I typically will air out a down comforter outside on a sunny day 1-2 times a year ... and when shaking this one outside, so much down escapes that I'm afraid there would be none left if I kept going (not entirely kidding.)
Ultimately, I actually like it ... and if not for the shedding issue, I would say it's one of the better and most comfortable ones I've owned. But if you are sensitive to such things, you may want to reconsider ... or at least invest in a comforter "protector" that will keep the down from escaping.
After a bit over a year of use, I have to reduce my rating to 1 star from my original 3 star review. Simply put ... the feather/down/dust shedding has only gotten worse. At this point I've decided I *must* purchase a replacement. I'm tired of the volume of feathers all over the room, covering my body in the morning, and occasionally even floating through the air to other rooms in the house! Although this is affordable compared to what one could spend ... it's very disappointing to have it last only one (not so pleasant) year. It seems that there are very mixed reviews regarding this flaw, so it may not be a problem with every single one, but if you do experience shedding early on, I'd recommend you take the trouble to return it (I certainly wish I had.)
I open up the duvet and to my horror I realize this thing is falling apart. Feathers are leaking out of the comforter and duvet and guess what..turns out thousands of tiny feathers (that pop out each time i move the comforter even an inch) will cause irritation allergy or no allergy. Save your $$, and get something that is a little higher quality. Its not like this was a cheap comforter to start with. Also remember, leaky feathers means a comforter that is no longer lush and soft, but instead flat as a pancake.
T;dr: Bought June 2013, used duvet, 12 mths later itching starts, 3 months later - OMG its raining feathers. 1000's of feathers = itchy itchy bad time :(