Pinzon Matte Chrome-Plated Corkscrew and Foil Cutter Set
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Striking, easy-to-use, powerful device pulls wine cork in 3 seconds
- Chrome-plated opener with steel gear mechanism and Teflon-coated corkscrew
- Squeeze-and-twist foil cutter strips away foil covering cork
- Opens one-thousand bottles in its lifetime
- Hand washing recommended; imported
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The description given of the product on Amazon held the clues I would need. The foil cutter worked like a charm. I was impressed. Then I forged ahead with the cork. When the opener uncorked the bottle in a flash I was stunned. This contraption is great. Looks good and the price was right.
Now I just need to find a nice container to keep it in as it is rather large and has separate pieces to it.
Really, how hard would it be for the company to insert a page with instructions on how to use it?
I was going to give it 4 stars because of the instructions but really the actual opener is great.
It does come in a plain (ugly) cardboard box... but the cork puller itself looks like, and works like the spendier models.
Other reviews are right that this comes in a plain cardboard box, so just keep that in mind for gift giving purposes. However, mine did come with a sheet of instructions, as well as a card with company information on it. I had never used a foil cutter before, but it was really easy and strangely satisfying to take off the top of the foil so quickly and neatly! Then I put the opener to the test and it worked like a charm! No twisting, nothing slipping off....super easy to use. Then to get the cork off the corkscrew I moved the handle back and forth and it popped right off!
I rated this a four because it is really easy to use, but it doesn't feel like super heavy duty quality. Also, it's rather bulky and I had to make room in one of my drawers to hold it. The two handles that wrap around the bottle neck kind of spring open, so I actually had to put things on top of it in order to keep them shut to allow the drawer to close. It also came with a tip cover for the corkscrew, which is nice so that I don't poke my hand rooting around in my drawer.
All in all I think this was a great purchase for the price. And the 4 for 3 deal is great too!
I got this a few weeks ago and have opened a dozen or so bottles of wine. I am very happy with it.
The Pinzon Matte Chrome-Plated Corkscrew and Foil Cutter is sooooo smooth and simple to use:
- run the foil cutter around the top and remove the foil,
- squeeze the handles to clamp in on the bottle,
- close lever,
- open lever, and viola! The wine is open.
To get the cork off the screw:
- close the lever until it clicks
- open the lever and the cork pops off.
It couldn't be much easier.
I know this model is a clone of another opener that resembles a hare. However, the price and quality make this a great choice.
1) Easy to use - perfect corkscrews, every time.
2) Very fast.
3) Quality construction - feels very solid, smooth action, and looks good.
4) Foil cutter is awesome - didn't think I would use it, but I do.
5) The price is right.
6) Comes with a spare, replacement screw.
1) Bigger than most other types of corkscrews - needed to rearrange our cabinet to find a place to store it.
2) Does not come with a storage box - still ok for a gift, but you need to wrap it. Would make storage a bigger issue.
3) If you are not careful and firm, the wine bottle wants to tip when you move the lever - not a problem for spillage because the cork it still in the bottle. Once you get the coordination down, it's fine.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My wife and I love this set and it makes for a great gift...or opening your own bottles of wine with ease.Published on October 29, 2013 by Steve D
I ordered this very attractive corkscrew in the hopes of one day using it for my occasional wine-drinking friends. Read morePublished on November 8, 2012 by Furry Animal Lover
Nice looking, heavy duty corkscrew. It feels like it will last for a long, long time. It's heavier than my prior corkscrew, and the mechanism moves VERY easily, so it can tend to... Read morePublished on March 25, 2012 by Amazon Customer
It's not particularly gorgeous, but it is functional. It's easy to use, and bottles open easily without requiring a lot of strength. Read morePublished on October 12, 2011 by lhougas
At first glance, this is a great looking product (...that I never got to use!!!). It wasn't until I read the short precaution at the end of the instructions that I knew there would... Read morePublished on September 29, 2011 by Long-TimeGuitarist
First of all, I want to point out a few (small) flaws that you might not expect right off the bat. Don't get discouraged! Read morePublished on September 27, 2011 by STL Student