Customer Reviews: Pinzon MicroCotton Bath Towel, White
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Now

on November 26, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
I am a self professed sheet and towel snob and not ashamed to admit it.

I LOVE SOFT, thick, absorbant towels. Most towels, even though they seem thick have really large thread loops that make it APPEAR to be absorbant that tend to thin out after a short time (ie: Cannon towels that I grew up with). Thicker towels tend to not be so absorbant and if they ARE, then they cost an arm and a leg (around $35-$45 for ONE bath towel!) and take forever to dry. Thin, flimsy, hard towels? I can't even comment on since I dislike them so much.

I tend to scour for great towels at fair prices and try to stock up so mine never get too old and ratty looking or worse, stop absorbing. I was lucky to find about 12 matching towels at Tuesday morning 3 years ago but they are in need of replacing since I haven't found any great ones since then.

So I must say I am PLEASED to have received this Pinzon MicroCotton towel from the Amazon Vine Program. It is generously sized at 27X54 inches, is INCREDIBLY SOFT, plush and EXTREMELY absorbant. My boys said it's so soft that if feels like a blanket and I have to agree! I love that the thickness is NOT created by a jillion thread loops in that the threads are thicker there creating a more plush texture. I don't know how they managed it but although it's very plush, it's light.

I washed & dried it and used it to dry off and I was REALLY pleased, it absorbed water extremely well. You generally have a bit of water on your skin after drying off so when the air hits your skin in the cold, it's still a bit cold. I was able to literally brush water off of me in one sweep. So far, I'm LOVING this towel! If this towel feels this soft and plush after a few uses, I'll be replacing our towels with these Pinzon towels!! I just hope that we find these in a Gold Box deal so I can replace several at a time!

I received a white MicroCotton Bath Towel, which is a crisp white.
Last year, I purchased quite a few of the Pinzon blankets and throws and we still to this day, LOVE them and use them on a daily basis so Pinzon has proven to be great brand for my family!

Why the 4 stars instead of a 5? Mine arrived with about 3 'loops' of thread a bit bigger - like maybe it snagged on something. My initial concern was about durability so I rated it 4 stars and will post later how those 'pulled threads' hold out...

I'd say the only downside to this towel is the cost. I personally think that $15-$18 for ONE towel is entirely too much for my budget. If Amazon would have a 'white sale' or lowers the price on these, you'd better nab a bunch of them before I do! :-)

Update on 4 stars: Now a month later, those pulled threads are still there, have not become more loose and there are no new ones so if I could change my rating to FIVE stars, I WOULD! Everyone tries to nab the "Amazon" towel in my family so I am having to wash it daily so we can all get turns throughout the week. It's been a month since I received this towel and it's wonderful in how it dries in about 1/3 - 1/4 the time of all my other plush towels!

UPDATE: Now a whopping NINE months later, those pulled threads are still just pulled...none of them have gotten longer or caused any unraveling and furthermore, we haven't created any new snags of our own so I going to assume that it took some effort to create these 'snags' in the towel that I received. A few weeks after dealing with my family fighting over who gets the Amazon towel, I bought several more every single one of them still looks practically brand new even though they get washed several times a week. I have the white and aqua colors and love them both.

UPDATE 7/5/10 - My first white towels are STILL in PERFECT condition despite being used & washed at least 2x per week. I've since added the Oat color for hubby's bathroom and it's a beautiful, neutral 'oat' color. I'm slowly trying to swap out all of my old towels for this towel line. LOOOVE IT!!!

**TIP: I accidentally included this towel in a wash load that I added laundry softener to...after using it, I wondered why it felt different and didn't absorb as much. So I threw it in with another load w/ NO laundry softener and lo and behold, I have our favorite towel back! Plush, Soft, Light and absorbant! So be sure NOT to add any laundry softener when washing these towels. It's super soft anyway so you don't need it, unlike other towels. I am planning to try the Pinzon Bamboo towel to compare the two then buy some sets for my home! Try these towels, you will NOT regret it!!
on December 22, 2008
I purchased these towels as a gift. I was really nervous about buying towels online, but these had great reviews. I received them on Saturday, and I'm a little disappointed. From the reviews I had read these were supposed to be the BEST towel ever. Apparently no one that reviewed these had had any towel better than the $3.99 Wal-Mart ones. These are thin and scratchy, and I am a little embarassed to give these as a gift. The only reason they are getting 3 stars is because I'm curious to see if they soften up after washing and the Aqua color shown was very true to the actual color.
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Frankly, I was not prepared to like this towel very much... the description "micro fiber" put me off a bit, since synthetic micro fiber items have that rather "picky-clingy" texture that I find uncomfortable. But these 100% cotton microfiber towels feel like velvet! Extremely soft, and yes, they do absorb water much faster than conventional terry towels. They do dry much faster, too.... I didn't time them, but fast enough to discourage a mildew smell, which is fast enough for me.

The towel also washed up fine, per directions on the tag. I do not use fabric softener on towels in any case, so that wasn't an issue. I do usually wash my towels in hot water, so using warm was different...

Last, but not least, my very very very favorite thing about this towel, is using it to dry my hair... I have very long hair, and wrapping my head with this towel removes a lot of water, in a very short time. The special hair towels that you can buy don't work any better, plus they are relatively small, and usually synthetic, and they cost as much as this towel. I will be buying more of these soft, plush, and absorbent towels.
VINE VOICEon December 5, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This towel is very soft and absorbent, but it's a bit on the small side for a bath towel. I have really long hair, and I need enough fabric to wrap up and twist my hair in---this didn't quite do it. However, it did absorb water really well.

I have to whine about the washing instructions, too. No hot water? I'm sorry, ALL my towels get washed in hot water!! I use dryer balls, so the prohibition on fabric softeners wasn't an issue. The towel didn't shrink the one time I've washed it so far, and remained soft and absorbent after washing.

I got one in white, and it was a bright white (and stayed that way through washing). I also got one in "Oat", and it's a nice neutral. It will blend with, but doesn't match, the "Oatmeal" bamboo Pinzon bath sheets I bought.
VINE VOICEon December 18, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These towels while not super plush are very nice. Very absorbent. While they may be a little small for bath towels if you like really big towels they are good big hand towels, which is what we use them for. Seem to hold up well to washing and have not developed any loose threads, etc so far, about two months of steady use. All in all seems to be worth the price and a higher quality than most towels you find in department stores.
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First impression was that this towel felt thin for the price. It is however very soft and highly absorbant and after using it a few times you don't miss that it's not as thick and heavy as other towels because it works better. It washes beautifully and remains the generous size it was out of the package. The price is a bit more lofty then the towel itself but it does do a much better job drying you off especially long hair and it does dry out faster then other towels eliminating odor or mildew issues. I would certainly purchase more if the price were to come down, I really liked these 100% cotton micro fiber towels.
on May 3, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Somehow Amazon deleted my original review, but I have had this towel since November 2008. It is worth noting that the towel has been washed at least 60 times since then, and it has held up remarkably well. By that I mean that there is no fraying or other loss/wearing of the fabric. It still feels soft and fluffy. If Amazon ever carries this towel again, I would recommend it.
on January 29, 2016
Best towels I have ever felt! Sometimes I have a shower, just to use my towel XD.
But it is truly soft and absorbent. Amazing man!

NOTE: Don't use fabric softener on the towels! It ruins the towel. But, the towel doesn't​ loose softness/absorbency after wash. I think its some new tech used. Pretty cool, lol.
on September 2, 2010
This was such a great buy I decided to try these towels, and I am totally pleased with them. They are ever so soft and fluffy, and feel great. They seem to be wearing well. Drying time seems less than with other towels.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 26, 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The towel is nice and large. It is soft as described and looks and feels great. The thickness to me seems about average. I like a little bit thicker towel. But for what it is, it's a good towel.