Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 415 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 479 reviews
on June 3, 2015
Im a black woman with dark marks from mosquito bites that I've had on my legs for the last TWO YEARS. it keeps me from wearing skirts and dresses so I really needed something to clear up the scars. This item has helped some. the scars are old and went from dark brown to a reddish brown so it definitely is lightening them. You must be careful where you put it because it can lighten the area around the scar too. Use a q-tip as an applicator and dab on the exact spot. It isn't a miracle cream but has lightened them from dark brown to reddish brown. I received similar results with a cheap hydroquinone cream but that cream did not work as quickly as this one so this one is better for me. It also extremely lightened newer scars I had so this is a keeper. Just have to be consistent with use and careful how and where you apply it.
on June 25, 2016
Good but too pricey, and the newer jars give you less
on August 5, 2015
Last year I had an ingrown hair that became infected and turned into what looked like a cystic acne spot. It stayed infected for about six months and after was left with an ugly scar. I had the scar for about three months before trying piona. I've been using it twice a day almost three weeks without much luck but then yesterday I go to apply it and can hardly find the scar at all!! I'm so happy. I never thought the scar would fade! It's a big jar and a little goes a long way. I'm sure, like most bleaching creams, the results probably aren't permanent, and you will probably have to maintain the results by applying cream periodically even after the scar has faded. Anyway, I am really happy with my results and would definitely recommend!
on November 26, 2015
This cream honestly works. I've tried multiple facial creams in order to remedy my awful dark spots on my face and back from picking at blemishes. I saw results in as little as three days. (Not super drastic, but noticeable). Within a week and a half, I was so surprised. My dark marks honestly started to disappear by about two-three shades. But be warned, please please please just use this as a spot treatment and not on the entire area. If you bleach the entire area, the dark spot will not disappear by itself. Your entire face will brighten and the dark marks will still be darker than the rest of your skin. Also, different parts of your face will become lighter than the rest using this cream all over. A specifically problematic part is my upper lip, making the peach fuzz very noticeable.
in short, this cream does work. But listen to the other reviewers and make sure that your apply it carefully and thoughtfully. Great product, would recommend. I wish I had pictures to show, but I didn't think of taking any before pictures so an after picture seems useless. Also, if you were wondering I am a 19 year old African American girl.
on December 24, 2015
I don't usually write reviews but I am very disappointed with this product! I used the whitening soap combined with the cream for a week and at first I started to see some results but then all of a sudden my face got burned it turned red and also did my spots and was very painful!! I read a lot of reviews and they we're good so that's what made me want to buy this product and for the price I expected it to work! I have no idea what to do to clear up the redness and inflammation I don't think I will be buying this product again.
on July 16, 2016
They have raised the price so much.. Disappointed
on January 13, 2015
If you're like me, you've read the glowing reviews and the horror stories, and you're not sure which to trust. And if you're going to spend $40 on face cream, you want to be sure what you're getting. Hopefully this review will help.

(Disclaimer: every skin type is different and I can only speak for mine)

Bottom line, this cream works. And it works fast. I bought it to even out and brighten my skin tone and within a week, I've gotten great results. Acne scars I've had since forever are already starting to significantly fade and my skin is absolutely glowing. I've never felt so confident leaving the house without any makeup on and I seriously can't wait to see what my skin looks like in a month or two. I don't mean to sound like an infomercial but it's that impressive! Lol
The best tips I can give are to use it with the Piona soap or kojic acid soap to exfoliate, which is essential to skin brightening. I can't stress the importance of exfoliating enough. The less dirt and dead skin the cream has to penetrate, the more effective it'll be. I highly recommend using the entire Piona line (soap, cream, and serum) together. Amazing results.
Also, be consistent and be patient. And wear sunscreen!

I wanna touch on some things I read in the bad reviews, that I found to be untrue in my experience:

"The cream burns" - I haven't even remotely experienced any burning from this cream. And I'm perplexed that some reviewers claimed to. Perhaps they were combining it with other products, or putting the cream on raw skin.

"causes breakouts" - now this will vary from person to person, but I personally haven't experienced any rashes or breakouts. As a matter of fact, I've used this cream to clear up breakouts caused by other products.

"It smells bad" - does it smell like your favorite bath & body product? No. But far from bad

"makes you darker" - I have yet to experience this. But if I had to guess, the people who did likely didn't wear enough sunscreen when outdoors. When using skin lightening products, sunscreen is a must because bleaching thins your skin, making it more susceptible to burning. Take the proper care and you'll be fine.

Buy with confidence! I'm not one to gush but it's about the best $40 I've ever spent. This is the best my face has looked my whole life, not even exaggerating. And I wish you the same luck that I've had with this product!

----

Update after 2 months:

My face is about 90% clear, outside of a few stubborn scars. I've gone from having to cake on concealer everyday to barely wearing makeup at all anymore. I've also lightened about 2 shades. For reference, I used to wear MAC NC45 in Studio Fix powder, and I am now a NC42. I will say, it's not as strong on other parts of the body because the skin on your body isn't as thin as the skin on your face. So if you plan to use it on other areas, be prepared to be patient for results. Other than that, I'll vouch for this cream any day.

----

Update after 4 months:

My skin has maintained its new color and is still clear, but I think I've reached a plateau. In other words, your skin will build a tolerance to the cream over time and its lightening effects will be less effective. I've read that it's best to switch to products with a different active ingredient every 3 months when lightening so your skin doesn't become immune. (The active ingredient in the cream is arbutin) I just bought the Piona serum which contains hydroquinone and I've found it to be effective so far, especially on areas that the cream couldn't lighten. Pretty much, the entire Piona line is just amazing. Cannot say enough good things about it. One of the best purchases I've ever made
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2014
I had very dark underarms , since my pregnancy, no matter what I did I could not lighten them , I used so many products and wasters so much money. So I gave this cream a final shot... It was like magic...my underarm became light, I ordered another box. I love it I'm posting a pic of before and after to show my results.
review image
22 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2016
The product works really fast, so make sure you don't go crazy with it. It also made my skin look blotchy, but maybe that was because I did not wear sunscreen (I live in Florida). My skin is not blotchy anymore, so it may have been a phase...I'm not sure. Overall, this is amazing, and my head and body are now the same color again!
on August 5, 2015
It has been over a month and I chose to still use it after 3 weeks. I thought maybe because my skin was dark that it would probably take longer to see a change. I have not seen any change at all. I will use until the end of the month then I will stop if no change. Its sad that I had no results from such expensive $40.00 jar of nothing. ......ugh. I really thought I would see results after all of the reviews that I read but not so. Hopefully it will work for someone else. Good luck.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.