Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on February 14, 2010
I got this CD changer when my factory installed changer/stereo broke about 8 mos ago. Had the guys at Best Buy install it with my new car stereo. Since then, I've been nothing but impressed. I was a little nervous at first about the apparent flimsiness of the disc holders in the cartridge, but everything on the unit has held up beautifully, and the cartridge is stronger than it looks. And, most of all, what I love about this unit is how intuitive it is, unusual in an aftermarket car stereo product. I can't figure out how to do presets on my new radio, but this CD changer is a total no-brainer. And, the sound quality is at least as good if not better than what I had factory installed. What can I say, it just works!
on June 30, 2015
great
on October 4, 2014
Works like it should.
on March 11, 2009
I have always used pioneer changers since 2004. I had a 6cd equipment and now decided to give myself a longer range with a 12cd piece. It works absolutely fine and indeed gives beyond the money you pay for in terms of durability and specs. Get one and you will realize what I am talking about.
on March 6, 2016
sucked!!!!!!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2011
I bought the CDX-P1280 after searching the Pioneer Web Site trying to make sure the Head unit was compatable. I looked for a long time for information having to do with compatibility after seeing this product on some reputable sites being sold as an up to date product I went for it.

I bought the CDX-1280 even though the Pioneer site was not totally clear about compatibility. Because it was Pioneer (long time customer never had any problems) the worst I would have to buy another head unit to be compatible.

No big deal there, well after a call to Pioneer today first the tech guy said the DEH-P4200 would be compatible, but said he would check just to be sure. Came back and said no it was not compatible and no head unit was, he told me they had not made a compatible unit for this Cd changer in over 2 years. Well since on the back of my CD changer it says it was manufactured last year. I am wondering what the .....

This could be a way for Pioneer to get rid of overstocked product? For one they still manufacture units with compatible model numbers they could have changed the model numbers to a different letter than the compatible one. The tech guy said the model numbers are compatible, but what tells you if it will work or not is the year they were made. That is a wonder system, another reason I believe this could be on purpose. Still on the Pioneers website it says for compatibility check the head units owner's manual. Mine did not say either way, just kept referring to Ip bus accessories in generic terms. That is why I called tech support.
Would it be a big deal to tell the model numbers on the Pioneer website of compatible head units, don't they know? Or do they not want us to know. Model numbers starting with P are suppose to be Ip bus compatable, except for the CDX-1280 unit, on head units made in the past 2 years and from now on.

I hope this is helpful to someone that is on the fence about compatibility like I was. I went the wrong way and got some good ole shelfware, remanufactured compatable head units are selling for about $80.00 more than I paid for mine new.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2011
I did not know this product came without a means of using it in my auto. I would like to know and purchase what is needed for to play my in my auto.Help!
on June 4, 2012
It would have been nice if the product had stated on the box that it would not work on it own if you did not have a Pioneer radio to hook it up to, are a FM converter to make it work.
on May 31, 2013
Purchased this product because it was suppose to be compatible with a radio that I purchased. Took me two months to find the time to have it installed. At this point, the installer found out that the player was not compatible with the radio. Contacted the seller and they only have a 14 day return policy. I told them I hadn't used the player and it was in the same condition as when I received it. I asked if I could return it for a credit to purchase something else and the answer was again no. If you are looking for this product, I would suggest that you might pay more to someone else as opposed to doing business with TEracing...
on May 5, 2009
I love my Sony CD Changer....I have had one in the past and I couldn't wait to get another one when it wore out....Amazon.com is the only place to shop...their prices are great, their staff is extremely helpful and easy to talk to. I highly recommend this cd changer and Amazon.com

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.