Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on November 24, 2010
Three years ago I bought a 300 disc jukebox, thinking it would hold most of my collection and make it easier to program and mix various favorites. It was not at all user friendly so I gave it to my brother-in-law and went back to my old trusty Pioneer PD-M400 6-Disc Changer. Two weeks ago this 22-year old changer finally gave up the ghost. I was amazed to find that the new Pioneer PD-M426 uses EXACTLY the same disc magazines as my old changer!! Pioneer deserves major kudos for preserving a design element that's both user friendly and that draws in Pioneer owners like a magnet. For me it was buy at first sight, because the changer magazines aren't cheap, and I have about dozen loaded up at all times.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase of the PD-M426. I thought I was getting good sound quality from my old changer, and I was. But by comparison, the 1-Bit Digital Linear Conversion provides absolutely crisp highs, a well balanced and robust mid range, and a bass line that you can feel but doesn't overwhelm you. My Klipsch RB35's Klipsch Reference Series RB-35 - Left / right channel speakers - 125 Watt - 2-way - black ash and Infinity Beta 40's never sounded so good!!

I highly recommend this changer if you want very high quality sound reproduction and ease of use from a company that makes the best.
on March 26, 2010
I purchased this Pioneer CD cassette changer to replace a 15 yr. old Pioneer magazine (cassette-load type) CD player that died. It is pretty much identical in form and function to the old one, but with a few less features that I never used anyway. I really like the magazine function, you just load 6 CDs and put it on random play and leave it alone for several hours. I have an ecclectic collection and like to group the CDs per magazine to play similar styles and this works particularily well, especially if you and your wife have different opinions on music (Springsteen vs. Yanni). I was able to use the 4 magazines that I had from the old player. The magazine loads significantly faster than the carousel type of CD player, especially if you are using the random play mode. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is that after 15 yrs. I would have expected Pioneer to finally figure out that loading the magazine cassette with the CD lable side down wasn't the best way to do it. Product was timely shipped and delivered - (Amazon always does it right!). I was somewhat disappointed in the rather limited selection of CD players - I think they pretty much stopped developing them about 10 years ago and figured everyone would just use their MP3 or DVD players.
on November 30, 2010
My 22 year old Pioneer 6-Disc CD player died on me. I loved that old player and used it to death. I was very happy to find this replacement that will use my old 6-disc magazines. This player has all of the features I used on my old player. I particularly like that you can program it to skip the songs you don't want to play. This new player is also compatable with my old Pioneer stereo system. I was also pleased to find out that the remote for this new CD player operates the player when it's not connected to the entire stereo system. The remote for the old system would not operate the CD player if it wasn't connected to the stereo system. Also, someone wrote that it would not play recorded CDs. It will play CD-R discs, but not CD-RW discs (same as the old player). I am happy, happy, happy!!
on April 11, 2017
great items
on March 3, 2008
I previously owned the Pioneer PD-M703 which was a great multi-disk (cartridge) player, but unfortunately after 10+ years of service it quit. I researched a replacement with multi-disk capabilities, however, the tray systems seem to have problems with noise and other issues according to reviews that I read. Pioneer had a 6-disk player (PD-M426)that I would still be able to use my existing 6-disk cartridges. The cartridges are handy for storing your cds by genre or personal likes. e.g. holiday, my favs, my wifes favs, etc. So the decision was easy, but the newest Pioneer 6-disk did not have the bells and whistles that the previous version had, like a standby LED, and far fewer front panel controls and lights. The price and the ability to reuse my existing 6-disk cartridges was my reason for choosing the PD-M426. I was hoping the newer version would provide decent quality adio output like the previous player.

This player comes with a remote and it is also compatible with my Logitech Harmony 880 remote. To my delight, the Harmony remote did not need to be reprogrammed with the different Pioneer model number to control the newer player!! I tried the remote after getting the player installed and it worked.

I wish the player had optional audio outputs other than the rca type...optical would have been nice.
on June 7, 2011
Very nice piece.Bought as replacement for Older 6 Disc CD player that became jammed by the 6 Disc cartridge! This model offers the same cartridge but does not require the cartridge to be inserted thru a door opening and brought deep into the player for use. This model simply accepts the cartridge when pushed thru the flip-up door and locks into place, while still flush with the front of the player. Believe this simple design will prevent some of the issues encountered with the more elaborate cartridge type players. Use is easy and with 6 discs from which to choose or play at random, the unit provides many hours of music on single load. Once you've used a multi-disc player, it's hard to switch back to the single disc models. Would recommend to those still using "old" CD's like me, vice the new MP-3 Ipod crowd. Yes, I still have my old LP turntable.:)
on August 6, 2010
It is a nice unit with very good sound but the disc holder is so flimsy and looks as if it were to fall on the floor it would break into many pieces. Putting in the cd's upside down is very awkward especially unloading them. The timer is only for the length of the song. You cannot see how long the cd plays.No track numbers on the remote . The remote has very difficult black on black readings. What's with these company designers? You must hit the forward button to get to the track. It is replacing my 22 year old JVC dream player which finally retired to cd heaven. This player will never last that long. Of this I am sure. But, ok for the price.
on June 20, 2010
I was trying to replace my 24 year old pd-m60. In this case, they don't make them like they use to. The first thing I noticed was that I could hear the cd spinning while standing in front of the player. Next, the front panel was not user friendly. You have to hold down search arrow instead of a numerical key pad. Then I realized it wouldn't take the single play magazine from my pd-m60. I don't know why pioneer bothered, the laser pick-up and sound miight be slightly better, but other wise a total bust. Pioneer really let me down.
on April 14, 2010
Right out of the box, it didn't work. Appeared to be a problem with the mechanical chassis that aligns and loads the individual CD's. Sometimes it would error out, unable to load CD unless I pushed and held the CD cartridge in with my finger. At other times it would completely skip the 1st CD and load the 2nd CD, however, indicate that it had loaded the 1st CD.

The caveat to this troubling scenario is that the Amazon supplier J&R electronics, immediately issued a return authorization with no hassle.
on December 28, 2013
I have had two Paioneer PD-M426 6-Disc Magazine Charngers. The 1st one I got lasted for about two days then would not pick a CD. I sent it back for an exchange for another new unit. That one lasted for about 4 months and then developed the same problem, won't pick up a CD. This product obviously has some design problems. Don't waste your time or money on this equipment.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.