Pioneer Pet Raindrop Ceramic Drinking Fountain
- Circulating drinking water is naturally appealing to your pet. 60 oz. capacity
- Continuously filters water with replaceable charcoal filter for clean and pure, healthy water
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Keep your pet's hydrated in style with the Raindrop Ceramic Drinking Fountain. This fountain is made from durable ceramic and is extremely easy to clean and maintain. If that's not enough this fountain is extremely easy to take a part, and is dishwasher safe.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||11 x 13.25 x 5.25 in||9 x 11.5 x 4.5 in||8.27 x 8.27 x 7.28 in||12.5 x 12.5 x 4.75 in||12.25 x 12.25 x 8.3 in||12.25 x 10.63 x 8.38 in|
|Size||3.75 lb||3.75 lb||Standard||8 lb||4.37 lb||4.37 lb|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Cons: Some water noise and a very small amount of splash over the edge. Enough that I'd put it on a plastic tray if I didn't do the below modification.
The Mod: This mod will cost about $3 and fix both the noise and the splashing. Order this fountain and then go out and buy some Sabra hummus, eat and enjoy, retain lid. (google image search Sabra Hummus) Once you're done take some scissors and cut the lid along the "wave" in the label, discarding the part of the lid with the label. Now trim off about 2/3 of the red rim on the remaining section of lid leaving a tab or hook in the middle. Slip this between the "waterfall" part and the bowl and you're done! For me this solved both the noise and the splash with about two minutes work. (PS, try the Buffalo Wing hummus!)
Four stars because they could have included a part like this in the design and I don't think it should need modification in order to not splash water. Maybe they should include a coupon for hummus?
The main advantages that this fountain has over others are:
1. It's CERAMIC. No scratches in the plastic leading to bacteria. No allergies to the plastic, which some cats get.
2. QUIET PUMP. The pump is absolutely silent. There are three settings on the pump and the first one gives no sounds whatsoever. I have it set on the second setting to get the sound of trickling water. The pump is still quet.
3. EASY TO CLEAN. This was the main reason I got this one. The Drinkwell and petmate fountains requires disassembly and cleaning with special brushes. This fountain is only THREE PARTS. The top part where the water flows down, the main bowl, and the pump. Since it's ceramic, I basically set it at the hottest water setting to scrub it down and sanitize. No special brushes, no bleeding knuckles.
4. NO LEAKS. Just because of the way this fountain is designed (top ceramic dish sits on top of the main bowl), there is no way it can possibly leak. Unless you crack the ceramic dishes, of course!
5. It's pretty.
The only thing I wonder about the other fountains is whether or not my cat would like the waterfall-type fountains. My cat seems to like to drink out of the part where the water comes out of the pump more than out of the bowl. Nevertheless, he gets fresh water and seems to enjoy it.
So far, I'm satisfied with the fountain, and my cat seems to like it, too. As for the pump, I'll have to see how long it lasts.