Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 20, 2014
The Pioneer Elite SC-75 has the most impressive sound I have ever experienced from a home theater system. The receiver has multi-audio settings in which the system self calibrates to the appropriate type of audio. Example: if your watching a DVD that is encoded with THX then the system will configure to that particular setting. It can handle Dolby Pro-Logic, DTS 5.1, THX Surround EX, and others. It has so many capabilities it is difficult to list them in this review. The receiver will handle CD, DVR, two DVD units, ipad and any device with a USB adapter. The digital sound is incredible and if you follow the directions, the installation is relatively easy. I would recommend the Pioneer Elite brand over any other make. The construction of their products is made of heavy metal and is very durable. I have purchased their receivers before and the previous one lasted 16 years, stills works great and never saw the inside of a service center. This kind of quality is expensive, but well worth the price.
on December 28, 2017
Bought this to power a poolside Stereo system with 9 channels. The big plus was its ability to be placed indoors and to control it from an iPhone outside. Worked great but Pioneer doesn't do a good job supporting its software and apps. First problem was with streaming Pandora, which just stopped working one day for all pioneer users....took them months to come out with a software patch. Latest problem was timely supporting the iOS 11 update. Pioneer doesn't get it.....they only appear to want to support products for a short period and then expect you to upgrade your system. They only appear to update software and apps after changes take place and enough users complain. I'll never buy another Pioneer product.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 27, 2016
After over 2 years I can say this unit has been fantastic. I came from an NAD T752 using Athem Amplification, and thought this would be only satisfactory because I had been suspicious of the Class D amplifiers used. This turned out to be a substantial upgrade in both movie and music audio. The Oppo BVP 103 universal player goes well with this unit. I have higher end Vandersteen 2CE and Monitor Audio Gold Center and back speakers that really sing with the amplifiers in the Pioneer . It is effortless, and natural sounding on classical, Jazz, Rock, and movie sound tracks. It does get slightly warm, but never get hot. The speakers get very loud with no harsh treble or boomy, bloated bass. The bass response, down to 29hz in the 2CEs, is lush,tight and full and can rattle the windows. It has has a 'tubelike' sound.

The only caveat I have is the remote. I solved this by getting a Harmony Universal Remote. There have been no problems with this unit at all.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
I had a 3 year old mid priced pioneer vsx-1021k and decided to go for the elite. Figured what's the point of having a bunch of Polk's high end speakers without a high end reciever. This thing is a night and day difference from my other pioneer. Sounds are crisp yet warm and it has plenty of power. Tons of ways to set up and tweak to anyone's personal preferences. Set up is easy but dose take a couple of days of playing around with to tweak every little thing just the way you want or thinks sounds best. All in all worth every penny!!!
on September 14, 2015
Sound is amazing, but half the features are either difficult to use, or don't function as advertised. I spent far too much time getting it on WiFi network. It's better just to hardwire and move on. The remote app for the phone doesn't seem to work well with certain phone OS (which was one of the main reasons we bought this model) so we've completely abandoned the purpose it was intended for.

Again, the sound is amazing for all other intents and purposes. You will enjoy the rich sound; however, the utility has been limited for us.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 17, 2014
I really like this unit, however, it isn't very intuitive. After having it for nearly a year, I still haven't figured out how to operate all the controls. But, the one thing I really enjoy beyond the great sound on my home theatre system is the internet radio setting that allows me to listen to simulcast radio stations from around the world. Whether I feel like Celtic, Bluegrass, Greek Bouzouki, Japanese Kyoto, Symphonic classics from Germany or other great world sounds, this unit really delivers.
on December 20, 2014
Simply the best sounding receiver I've ever owned. Versatile, great look, tremendous power, fills the room with sound and can be found at a bargain price, it's last year's model.
on April 13, 2014
I replaced my onkyo 809 with this, it blew me away.my only gripe is on screen menu a little slow.
on May 19, 2015
Very good sound. Unit was defective. unit would shut down after playing for a while. Sent it back. To bad, it is a nice receiver.
on June 6, 2014
I wanted a new receiver to replace a 13 year old VSX - 43 , but still performing, Pioneer receiver, in one of my rooms upstairs. It turns out that my reading comprehension must be suffering as I get older, because I thought this one had similar THX functions as the one I was replacing ( actually, moving to another room). Turns out it doesn't. But, it appears to be of similiar quality to other receivers I have, and the various features are as good as most should need / want.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.