- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.95 shipping
Pioneer SP-SB23W Andrew Jones Soundbar System
- Do not install this unit in a poorly ventilated area, or in locations exposed to high humidity or direct sunlight(or strong artificial light).
- Four 3” Structured Surface Mid-Woofers for superior mid-range and vocals compared to smaller drivers. Two 1” High Efficiency Soft Dome Tweeter for smooth high frequency reproduction even at high volume levels
- Wireless Compact subwoofer for deep bass, but small enough to be unobtrusive
- Bluetooth music Streaming built-in. 2.4 GHz Wireless Subwoofer.
- Optical (cable included) and analog inputs for connectivity to any TV
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Pioneer SP-SB23W Andrew Jones Soundbar System
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless||bluetooth||bluetooth, hdmi||bluetooth, hdmi||bluetooth|
|Item Dimensions||35.98 x 4.74 x 4.05 in||34.88 x 4.75 x 3.62 in||35 x 5.12 x 2.12 in||36.62 x 4.25 x 2.38 in||40 x 2.8 x 4.1 in|
|Item Weight||13.25 lbs||24.3 lbs||7.5 lbs||6 lbs||7 lbs|
|Speaker Type||Wireless, Subwoofers, Soundbar||Soundbar||Surround||Surround||Surround|
Utilizing technology and componentry derived from the Andrew Jones line of award- winning home theater speakers, Pioneer's Speaker Bar is designed with the primary goal of producing the most immersive, natural and room-filling sound experience for both movies and music.
From the Manufacturer
Raising the Bar
For those who demand audio quality that lives up to their HD picture, Pioneer offers the new Speaker Bar System. Designed by internationally renowned speaker designer, Andrew Jones, this compact sound solution produces remarkable stereo imaging, wider off-axis response and enhanced dynamic range. Its speaker cabinet is precision-crafted from composite wood, offering more controlled resonance and truer audio reproduction. Six individual speakers are each driven by their own dedicated amplifier and integrated by an active digital crossover network. This symphony of audio innovations all work together to help create a listening experience that will virtually transport you into the action on screen.
An Amplifier for Each Speaker and a Wireless Subwoofer
Pioneer's Speaker Bar is powered by six individual amplifiers--one amplifier for each independent driver. The amps produce up to 28 Watts of power for increased audio dynamics and enhanced overall "headroom" at virtually any volume level. Handling the low frequencies is a wireless subwoofer, featuring a 6.5-inch driver that's powered by a built-in 50-Watt amplifier. Tuned to 42 Hz (-10 dB), the output level can be conveniently adjusted with the Speaker Bar remote.
Andrew Jones Designed for Those Who Care About Sound
Crafted by legendary speaker engineer Andrew Jones to deliver excellent full-range sound from a small, simple solution audio package. As Pioneer's Chief Speaker Engineer, Andrew has designed multiple lines of award winning loudspeakers ranging in price from $99 to $80,000 a pair. He is considered an audio master in the industry.
Sonic Integration using Active Crossover Network.
To help optimize speaker response, vocal clarity and off-axis listening, Andrew Jones added a matching active digital crossover network to the Speaker Bar system. This network allows for higher order filter points, enhancing the audio transitions between the woofers and the tweeters.
System Smarts with Remote Control Learning Mode
While the Speaker Bar system includes a remote control unit, most people prefer to control everything with their favorite remote. That's why Pioneer gave the Speaker Bar a special learning mode that lets you quickly teach the system to respond to commands from any remote you choose.
True Resonance from a Composite Wood Cabinet
Most sound bars on the market have enclosures made of plastic. Pioneer's Speaker Bar features a composite wooden cabinet enclosure with a special curved design, helping it resist the "flexing" that can occur when the speakers are at high volume. With its superior resistance to undesirable resonance, genuine wood provides more faithful sound reproduction.
Sonic Standard with Dolby Digital Decoding
Helping to ensure that the entertainment experience is rich and immersive, the Speaker Bar includes Dolby Digital Decoding. The standard in home theater systems, Dolby Digital Decoding delivers crisp, clean dialogue, excellent audio imaging, and powerful deep bass.
Three Sound Modes for Selective Listening
The Speaker Bar offers three sound modes: Movies, Music and Dialogue. The Movies mode enhances the dynamic, explosive sound characteristics of modern movies. The Music mode is optimized for the most natural reproduction of music. The Dialogue mode optimizes the quality of spoken words, while significantly reducing loud sequences, making it ideal for late night viewing.
Get Streaming using Bluetooth Technology
Adding even more convenience to the Speaker Bar system is built-in Bluetooth technology. This advanced technology enables you to stream music wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet. Immersive audio doesn't have to be complicated. Pioneer's Speaker Bar system is designed to make set-up simple. With minimal cables to connect and an easy subwoofer synchronization process, you'll be enjoying a remarkable entertainment experience in just minutes.
Read about our customers' top-rated sound bars on our Sound Bar Reviews page.
Top customer reviews
What I like:
- Sound quality (5/5). It is closest thing to real speakers that is pleasing to listen for both music or watching movies and TV programs. Most sound bars that I tested amplified voice/mid frequency too much to a point that made it annoying when listening to music or sounded tinny/boxy.
- Wireless compact subwoofer delivers clean and tight bass
- Bluetooth is now fixed but the range is short and sensitive to blockage (iphone sync performed better than macbook pro -12+ft vs. 3-4ft.)
- Remote learning capability
- Enough power to fill an apartment living room or small to medium sized living room
- The power adapter (the square plastic box on power cord found on most laptops/monitors/sound bars) is inside the sound bar so less clutter
What I wish Pioneer had or what's missing:
- LCD screen to show current volume, source, EQ setting
- Auto Volume Leveler (Since current volume cannot be seen due to lack of a display, different sources with varying volume can either be too loud or too weak)
- Dialogue mode turns off the subwoofer. Instead, it should change the EQ to increase mid frequency.
- Manual subwoofer turn on/off option. The only way is to unplug it or use the dialogue mode which would also modify the sound EQ.
- I wish they included a Night mode that lowers the subwoofer volume without turning it off.
- Lower profile design dimensions. For current TVs using stands (not wall mounted), 4.1" height blocks the IR port or part of the screen.
- HDMI with ARC capability
- No wired connection option to the sub-woofer or no sub-out option in the back of the sound bar for those of us looking to upgrade the subwoofer.
- Better quality remote control that doesn't use those annoying flat circular batteries. Standard AA or AAA would make life easier.
I think most people would shop to add a sound bar to enhance the overall sound quality more than the looks or artificial sound processing. No sound bar in this price point is expected to deliver true surround experience. However, if you are looking to buy a sound bar that handles both music and movies with gusto, look no further.
i have included photos so you can see the size compared to a 55" TV
Pros: Great sound , Very rich and full, the sound fills the room
wireless sub does wonders yet its so small!
The unit itself has learning capability so you can program your existing remote control
the unit looks nice, has a high quality look to it, no cheap plastic to be seen
Cons: it took a few tries to sync the sub-woofer to unit
i could not program my remote using the manual (youtube video was much more helpful and i programmed it with ease)
provided remote control is tiny , but its meant to be temporary, since the unit now works with my regular remote control
Bluetooth works like a charm, MOST people don't know how to properly connect the phone / device and will knock the sound bar (yes they had a legit problem at one time that has been fixed)
Please RESEARCH what APT-X (Bluetooth HI-FI profile) is, or how about I tell you!
Long story short: Any Bluetooth will work streaming music at a normal (sucky) bit-rate. fortunately Pioneer included the APT-x Bluetooth profile BUT you will need a Apt-x capable phone / device, and guess what... the Iphone does not have it (apple issue)
the only phones that have the apt-x Bluetooth are Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sony devices (as of right now) including Tablets.
I have a google nexus 5 phone (NON APTX) and the sound is OK at best, but when I stream music from my Samsung TAB 3 or Pandora from my TV (connected with fiber optic) The sound is absolutely perfect, loud, crisp and wonderful to listen to.
Funny thing is, I actually was most impressed watching a cooking show (yes I know) this sound bar is able to pick up a crazy amount of noises that you would normal not hear from a conventional speaker. I cant describe it but you can hear different sounds of tinfoil, knives, bacon cooking, crunching / snapping of lettuce (like you are sitting right next to them)
All in all, I have a smile on my face - Btw, the sub is plenty powerful
Most recent customer reviews
Lasted one year and broke. Turns on with a loud "pop" noise then turns right back off. Looked online and MANY people have had this happen.Read more