|Item Weight||3.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7.2 x 7 x 3.8 inches|
|Item model number||SPH-DA01|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||Yes|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Display Resolution||800 x 480 pixels|
|Warranty||1 year parts & labor|
|Expansion||included_mp3_cable, built-in_bluetooth, optional_hd_radio|
|Memory Card Slot||Micro SD Card Slot|
|Media Playback Supported||iPhone 4 or 4th gen iTouch running iOS 4.2 or later|
Pioneer SPH-DA01 AppRadio 6.1-Inch In-Dash Double-Din AV Receiver for iPod and iPhone
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want professional installation of this product?
- Handpicked pros
- Compare estimates and reviews
- Buy directly on Amazon
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Two-DIN digital receiver offers in-dash access and control of compatible iPhone 4 apps with a 6.1-inch touchscreen display
- Familiar control gestures and large capacitive touchscreen designed specifically to allow safer access to compatible iPhone 4 content
- Browse, search, call, and map your contacts from your iPhone 4 contacts list with built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling
- Compatible apps include Internet radio from PANDORA and Rdio, navigation from MotionX-GPS Drive, INRIX traffic info, and more
- Features include AM/FM tuner with RDS, rear view camera input, Pioneer EQ audio tuning, and pair of RCA preamp outputs for system expansion
There is a newer model of this item:
Adding a New Touch to Your Connected Lifestyle
Pioneer's revolutionary, game-changing AppRadio is the first car stereo to revolutionize the driver's smartphone experience by bringing compatible iPhone 4 apps to your dash. When connected to an iPhone 4 (or a 4th generation iPod touch) loaded with Pioneer's free AppRadio Application, the AppRadio in-dash stereo provides the ultimate in-vehicle smartphone experience. With AppRadio's in-dash, capacitive touchscreen, you can enjoy full on-screen access and control of your iPhone contacts, calendar, maps, and more with an intuitive interface, formatted and designed specifically for safer in-vehicle operation. Pioneer has teamed up with several app providers to offer compatibility with many of today's most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an expanding catalog of AppRadio compatible apps for future features and functions that can be easily and seamlessly added. AppRadio will even notify you when new compatible apps are released.
Your Dash Just Got Smarter
Simply download Pioneer's free AppRadio Application and any other AppRadio-compatible apps to your iPhone from the iTunes App Store, connect it to the AppRadio stereo, and you're ready to experience your smartphone in an entirely new way.
AppRadio allows you to bring many of the most used features from your phone such as browsing and searching your contact list and iPod music library, view important events and reminders in your calendar and much more right from the driver's seat of your car.
- MotionX-GPS Drive is the next-generation turn-by-turn driving solution for the iPhone. With always live, always up-to-date information, MotionX helps you find what you're looking for and get there fast with live door-to-door guidance. With millions of users, MotionX-GPS Drive is the #1 top selling navigation app on Apple's iTunes App Store.
- Find destinations, view route direction lists and route to that location through a Google Maps local search. Even create bookmarks and register locations on the map all using the in-dash touchscreen.
Avoid the Rush
- INRIX Traffic is a free app that helps drivers save time, money and use less gas traveling to the places they go every day. Fueled by the largest traffic network in the world, the app's real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts help drivers quickly determine the best route, identify traffic hotspots and get alerts to accidents and other traffic-causing delays.
- Rdio is an unlimited, on-demand social music service that brings music alive by letting subscribers listen to as many songs as they want, anytime, anywhere, and discover and share new music with friends. Rdio subscribers build and share their online music collections from a catalogue of over 8 million songs and can check out the listening activity, collections and playlists of other users and influencers as well as see what's in heavy rotation in their network, top charts, and newly released albums.
- Integration of PANDORA internet radio, one of the most popular internet radio services, allows for on-screen control of saved stations including track information such as title, artist and album art. In addition to the capability of rating a track with thumbs-up or thumbs-down, you can also easily bookmark a track, skip the currently playing track, change stations and select Quickmix playback.
- Enjoy Internet streamed video while parked with the parking brake engaged; you and your passengers can enjoy YouTube and Netflix content (note that Netflix is a paid subscription services and is not included. Visit www.netflix.com for more information).
As the library of AppRadio compatible applications grows, users will be automatically notified the AppRadio application, with a link to the respective app(s) page within the App Store. Additionally, the AppRadio software itself is updatable, offering the potential for future hardware, software and app compatibility changes.
Plus the Basics...
In addition to the revolutionary iPhone 4 connectivity, the two-DIN AppRadio features an AM/FM tuner with RDS, built-in Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free calling (features vary depending on your phone/device), a rear view camera input, and Pioneer's easy EQ audio tuning, which makes it quick and easy to tailor your audio experience.
Control it all from the brilliant 6.1-inch WVGA (800 x 480) touchscreen display, and expand your system using a pair of RCA preamp outputs.
What's in the Box
Double-DIN AppRadio Main Unit, Power/RCA/Speaker Harnesses, External Microphone, GPS Antenna, iPod Cable, Installation Hardware, Product Registration Card, Warranty Card, Installation Manual, License Agreement, Quick Start Manual
Top Customer Reviews
First, the idea itself was a great one. One I am convinced would have worked if it were not for the buggy software and the slow interface. It feels as if the product was rushed to market before it was thoroughly tested and tweaked. The line between great product and horrid one is thin here and this one missed the mark for myself. Also, I didn't count off for this as I was fully aware of it going in, but am posting it as an FYI to future less informed buyers. This product turns into a mediocre radio without an iPhone 4. It has no other input and will be a waste of $400 if you don't have one or don't plan on keeping yours for a while once you get the radio. I can't stress this enough, without an iPhone this radio is a few steps from useless.
Install & setup:
This was par for the course as far as any radio is concerned. I mounted the GPS antenna on the dash and the mic by my sun-visor. More than enough cable for both tasks. I am unsure if I could have gotten the GPS antenna to my back window, but it would have been tight. All other items installed like you would expect any aftermarket radio.
The fit and finish of the actual hardware is good. The microphone and GPS antenna look and feel like they are quality items and will last a while.Read more ›
This product is a terrific idea. Unfortunately it's execution is not so great. Overall I feel like I paid $399 to be a beta tester. I installed this on 06/24/11 and have been using it all day today 06/25/11
Pandora, IPOD, Google Maps, iPhone on one interface
Pinch to zoom in Google Maps has been disabled. You are confined to stupid zoom bar. - But you can pinch in the GPS apps that you purchase. Is that why it is disabled, so that you are forced to buy these apps?
No Phone Numbers displayed on a google map search result - So if I want to say call a nearby restaurant to see if they are open or ask some other dumb question, I have to grab my iphone and lookup through google maps. This totally defeats the purpose of purchasing this product.
Terrible call quality through bluetooth.
Phone is setup through bluetooth thought it is plugged in. Everyone I have called while using this product says I am far away though I have placed the mic on my sun visor and tilt it down so it is 5-6 inches from my mouth. Why not have the option to connect to the phone through the cable so you can have optimum call quality? Seems like a no brainer! No mic volume options either.. This could possibly help resolve this problem.
Does not import/display Favorite Phone Numbers. - If you are like me with 200 + contacts, you rely on your favorites list for frequent numbers. You will have to use your iphone to dial your favorite numbers which AGAIN, totally defeats the purpose of having this product.
Search though the synced phonebook is SLOW
Stuck on the phone interface when an incoming call is answered.Read more ›
What a HUGE let down.....
- The iPhone cable is downright horrible... it's unnecessarily long, goes from two cables into one (why not just make it one cable?), wiggles when it is plugged in, and is stiff as can be where it meets the phone.... such a poor design
- The GPS antenna only comes with 10 feet of cable, forcing me to mount the antenna on the dash of my Honda Fit.. yuck (my older Pioneer F700 had an easy to work with 16 feet)
- Saving the worst for last: be warned that there is only one single set of RCA outputs !!!! I'm still beside myself on this.....
- The "app" that Pioneer provides for free in the AppStore *has* to be running for any interactivity with the radio (meaning: you have to have the phone mounted where you can get at it)
- This "app" on the last line *does not* run in the background on the phone, so you come out of the app, the radio stops working (Nav/Pandora/Google Maps)
- Apps cannot be run simultaneously... if you think you are going to be able to listen to Pandora while using Motion-X, you're dead wrong
- There is no way to "quit" an app from the radio, you have to do it on the phone..... which I see as dangerous as it's a lot of presses on the phone to quit an app
- Phone contacts are not easy to go through, it dumps out all your contacts in one big list with no way to search or jump to a letter..... i had to press the down arrow 26 times (!!!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very slow . Cant play Cd's you can pretty much only use the radio if you dont have a 30 pin devicePublished 16 months ago by Rudy26
I like the item but had some initial problems with it functioning correctly. I would and have recommended this item to other but I also inform them of all of the pros and cons. Read morePublished on June 4, 2014 by gary
I have had the radio for a couple of years. It was professionally installed originally. I'll grant you the install was a bit of a kludge in my 2004 F-150. Read morePublished on December 30, 2013 by CRAIG LYKINS
(sorry for my bad english)
When I found this model in the internet I thought that it was a marvelous car stereo, but the reality was so different. Read more
works but it's for only iphone.
if you don't have iphone this isn't for you.
but they now have android version for it so please do research before purchase.
The Appradio DA01 & 02 has an incompatiblity issue with the iOS7 software update for the Apple iPhone. Read morePublished on October 2, 2013 by William Fernandez
I love the radio works great looks great but it didnt come with the plug to put the iphone into which is suposed to get the apps off of it hense the name appradio. Read morePublished on August 27, 2013 by Anthony