Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on August 4, 2016
This is a good scrapbook if you are looking for something large and inexpensive. The pages seem durable, and their description of them is accurate. The covers are a very nice deep red color. Just so customers are aware, this is screw post binding without a spine cover, so it is not covered in the red leather all the way around as a typical book is. I have included a picture to demonstrate what I mean. I assumed it would have a cover since it is not expressly pictured as not having one, but it was not worth returning over that for what I needed it for. However, for those that would like to display their book on a normal bookshelf with a spine title, I would look at a different scrap book.
review image review image
on April 6, 2013
I purchased this scrapbook to use for the art projects my kindergartener brings home that are just too cute to toss. I have a box that I keep his work in now but it is hard to sift through when I want to look at it. I wanted a large scrapbook that would hold large paintings and other art projects. 12x12 scrapbooks are just too short to hold the larger works.
The other reviews have said that the page quality is poor. It is an off white paper the thickness of most construction paper. This is what I was expecting after reading the description. If my intention was to use this scrapbook for nice scrapbooking I would have returned it. It is perfect for what I bought it for and at a good price.
on October 15, 2014
I love these scrapbooks! Unlike the books that are comprised of glassine pages for pictures these paper pages allow you to write comments beside pictures and include other items (such as ticket stubs, related newspaper articles, school awards, etc). I have used them for years - not only through the years for my own five children, but now going through 10 grandchildren. It is getting impossible to find them in stores, so I am thrilled to be able to buy them in quantity from Amazon.
on December 19, 2015
My mother sent me every photograph she had in the house of family members in our family tree. As a Christmas gift, I wanted to have the photos reprinted (the oldest photo was taken in 1878!) and put into an album where I could label each family member with their lifespan, name and (in some cases) place within the family.

This album met and exceeded my expectations. It has the ability to have pages added (and with 48 pages worth of photos,out of the 50 pages - 100 sides - in the book, I almost needed a rush order of additional pages...but everything fit :) ) and, with photo corners, I was able to add as many photos on a page as I wanted and still write on each page.

If you are looking for plastic wrapped pages, whether sleeve-style or static cling, this is NOT your album. But it was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

My mother is going to be thrilled. And I'm thrilled because the photos all have a new life in them - and are digitized now so we can reprint as needed.

The album came packaged simply but securely. I have Prime and it was shipped quickly and received rapidly.

No complaints. Thanks for helping make my mom's Christmas super special. :D

(My only regret was NOT getting photos for the review...I just shipped out her completed album yesterday. If she sends me photos of it, I'll update and share pictures if I can :) )
on July 12, 2014
The perfect album for anyone who wants the old fashioned construction paper weight photo album. I needed to add two packs of the refill pages Pioneer SJ-50R to hold more photos. I am now waiting for the third album and refill packs five and six to finish my project. These are very much like the photo albums I remember as a child. I've found double sided tape works best for holding the photos in place.
I bought this to replace a similarly-sized 60-year-old photo album that fell apart when I took out the photos to scan them with my Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner. The album contains 50 buff colored pages, but has none of the Pioneer Scrapbook Sheet Protectors mentioned in the description. The protectors can be purchased separately and can be added (in addition to Pioneer 11-Inch-by-14-Inch, Postbound Refill Pages) by removing the two metal (aluminum?) screws that bind the album together. The album arrived wrapped in a thin plastic wrap which offers little protection to the cover. I wish it had been a bit thicker, or protective tissue had been used instead, as my wrap arrived ripped and the album's cover was gouged on the front and slightly dented on the back. The damaged was not great, so I decided to keep the album, since a replacement might be no better (or possibly even worse). All in all, this is the best album at this price point.

UPDATE (January 15, 2017): I purchased three more of these albums (two in a navy blue and one in burgundy) since this review. All of these new albums arrived in perfect condition.

UPDATE (February 16, 2017): I purchased an additional three more of these albums. All three in white.
on January 9, 2017
Much bigger then expected, not that I mind that thought, more room for pictures. We are using this as a family album/scrap book of our wedding photos and invitation and save the dates and getting ready for baby pictures. So it is nice to have room for options. I will probably just continue adding to this over the years and order another one when necessary. There are a lot of pages to this book so I'm sure it will take me a while to fill it all.

UPDATE
01-19-2017
I am changing my review from 5 stars to 3 due to either a wear and tear mark on the binding of the book or the fact that it may have been cut before we received it. Either way I haven't had it long enough for there to be wear and tear and I was not pleased when I found the defect. I already have pictures filling the pages so returning it seems a little hard at this point.
on December 26, 2013
I have bought many of these albums, and am almost complete with my project of mounting 100 years of photos found in an old trunk of my moms. IPlan to give as gifts to decendents, so they will be able to touch the pages of the past. I appreciate having this medium to deliver this invaluable treasures.
on June 3, 2016
In 1953 my mother made an album that went from my birth to high school. Since that time it had gone in disrepair to the point that pages were fall out. The album I bought from Pioneer was and is perfect. It has similar color / leather-like covering and is assembled the same way. Time will tell how it holds up. Being archival and acid free should do the trick.
review image review image
on December 21, 2016
I love this book soo much! I decided to decorate the cover, as you can see in the pictures. The side doesn't have a leather covering like the rest of the book, which I don't mind because it is still binded very well. My favorite part is the pages. They're very thick, good quality, and have an antique look to them. I am super pleased.
review image review image review image