Piper Computer Kit - Build A Computer - Hands On STEAM Learning with Raspberry Pi, Blockly Coding, Custom StoryMode Games, Python Programming and Electronics
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$50.00 (17%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BUILD A COMPUTER: The Piper Computer Kit is like a wooden puzzle with all the electronic components to make a fully functioning computer. Includes a Raspberry Pi, 9" screen, DIY speaker, rechargeable battery and custom games to teach your kids how to build hardware and program software.
- HANDS ON STEAM PROJECTS: Once the computer is built, kids progress to a guided series of fun and engaging challenges. Using Piper’s StoryMode, kids make their way through a secret mission as they attach wires and connect electronic components to progress within the game. Instant feedback makes learning exciting and enjoyable!
- LEARN TO CODE: Kids learn the basics of coding with 11 progressively challenging projects based on Google Blockly's easy drag-and-drop visual programming language. PiperCode helps kids gain confidence through accomplishing tangible, physical tasks through coding.
- CREATED FOR KIDS AGES 8+: Built to be simple enough for beginners so that once kids learn the foundations they can advance to more challenging coding projects. Once your child is ready, they can progress to the pre-loaded Python programming language ensuring years of use and fun!
- NEW & IMPROVED: Piper Computer Kit 2 features an integrated build-it-yourself speaker and amplifier, graphics explode on the screen with the new 9” monitor with a 1024x600 screen resolution, re-engineered structure for multi-rebuilds, reusable carrying case and more educational coding challenges than ever before!
Best sellers in Children's eBooks
Customers who bought this item also bought these digital items
Customers who viewed this item also viewed these digital items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Studies have shown that kids engage more when they learn with hands-on projects. The Piper Computer Kit is an experience for creation and discovery, not a toy for consumption. Piper builds confidence and introduces worlds for exploration, while making screen time learning time. The Piper Computer Kit was engineered to help kids construct meaning in STEAM by using all of their senses with do-it-yourself assembly, physical electronic wiring challenges, and hands-on coding projects. The Piper Computer Kit includes everything your child needs to build a fully functioning computer from start to finish. When they’ve finished the construction phase, kids learn circuitry by completing challenges in a minecraft-inspired story mode. Next, kids learn the basics of coding and progress through increasingly more challenging projects based on Google Blockly’s easy drag-and-drop visual programming language. With Piper, kids are taught how computers work and how to code in a fun, tangible way that builds confidence for a lifetime of success with technology.
HOW IT WORKS
Includes a set of blueprints with step-by-step instructions on how to build a working computer. Piper engages kids in a building experience with laser-cut wooden parts, a Raspberry Pi microcomputer, and a collection of electronic wires and equipment.
Once the computer is built, kids progress to a series of engaging challenges using Minecraft Raspberry Pi Edition teaching them valuable problem-solving skills. They make their way through a secret mission as they attach each wire and connect each electronic component.
PiperCode based on Google Blockly's easy drag-and-drop visual programming language is an effective way to teach coding in a tangible way. PiperCode comes with 11 progressively challenging projects to help kids gain confidence through accomplishing physical tasks through coding.
Once they learn the foundations kids are ready to experiment with creative computing. Using PiperCode they can code and create their own projects. It is also pre-loaded with Python for when your kids are ready for an advanced programming language.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. 1GB RAM. 1.2 GHz Quad Core 64 bit CPU
- 9” LCD display with HDMI cable
- 7800mAh rechargeable battery
- Integrated speaker with amplifier and external volume control
- 16GB MicroSD card including 20+ Piper 3D Story Mode levels, Piper Code projects, and more
- Software updating capabilities (requires WIFI connection)
- USB Mouse
- Micro USB charging cable and wall charger
- 20+ electronic components including breadboards, buttons, switches, LED lights, buzzers, and 25 jumper wires
- 8 square foot laminated blueprint with visuals for assembly
- 25+ laser-etched wooden and acrylic pieces
- 50+ hardware pieces
- Phillips-head screwdriver
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was as exciting for me, as my 7-year-old to unpack the box and assemble the entire computer. It was a wonderful experience building from scratch and my son just enjoyed it!
He learnt to program the switches, buttons, etc. all on his own. While I was supervising his work, my help wasn't required all that much, apart from clarifying instructions at times. There were blueprints to help out and overall was not over-complicated for a 7 year old. I would say its medium complexity for a 7-year old.
The overall kit had high quality components which just come together like a beautiful puzzle. There is even a mini-mouse!
Overall the steps are quite intuitive and they involve building the "controller box" and the power-ups for storing the mouse, etc. Finally, installing the Raspberry Pi 3 board and then putting together all the enclosures. The LCD display thankfully is pre-built. Now for hours of mine-craft and fantastic projects! I'll soon update my review with the cool projects :-)
If you're looking for a fantastic project for your child that encourages critical thinking and problem solving, along with developing their engineering skills, look no further!