Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Black Pirate Costume Child's for dressup or Halloween! (2T-4T)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on September 25, 2011
This costume fits my 3 year old son very well. He is about 39" tall and average weight. The pants legs go to his ankles unlike the website photo that shows the pants hitting the calf. This is a one piece "jumper" with a velcro closure at the neck. It is roomy enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt underneath.
on May 13, 2011
Bought this so my child could attend a pirates and princess party. It was cute and durable, just note that the hat does not come with the outfit.
on May 24, 2012
To start off, the size was was advertised online as 2T-4T, but there was nothing 2T about this costume. It draped over my son's arms and he was stepping on it bc it was so long. (mind you my kid is no shorty) Also, he was only in it 5 minutes before he was drenched in sweat bc it was so hot, thank goodness we only needed this for a picture, but if your child is going to have to wear this for a lengthy period of time they are going to sweat unless its cold outside.
on January 26, 2016
This was a durable & fun costume for my 4yr old. He wore it everyday for over a year. He has worn it to Disneyworld and beyond! He looks adorable. It does pick up dog hair pretty easily and it's a pain to get off but I suppose that can be managed pretty easily!
on September 21, 2012
I bought this for my average height 2 year old, the pants are just below his feet (but are fine with shoes on) and the arms are at his wrists. The great thing about this costume is that you can shorten the arms or legs very easily -- just cut another zig zag pattern wherever you want the costume to end.

It's thin and feels fairly cheap, but looks great. But for the price I paid ($8.50) I think it's perfect. My only complaint is that it's polyester -- so hot and uncomfortable for the Southern California weather we have, but that's hardly the manufacturers fault. I also love that you can buy 12 packs of these on Little Tikes website as party favors - they're 22 dollars for 12!
on September 9, 2012
My 3 1/2 yrs old loves this as a dress up costume. He wanted a pirate costume after seeing his cousin's. I couldn't find the durable one they had on line so I tried this one. The costume is cute. It is also durable enough for the time being but not for the long haul (I think a few washings would probably tear this apart...and i use a laundry bag with delicate things like this). He hasn't gotten it dirty so I haven't washed it. But here's the thing I didn't notice right away but now do, the pants are too short. I didn't even wash it and they are a little too high already. I definitely will not put this in the dryer under any circumstances and hope it just makes it till Halloween because he likes being a pirate more than any of his other dress up costumes. I can't find a cute 5t costume similar to this one either so i'm stuck with this size. I do have these boot cover ups from another costume so we might use those to cover up the high pants (if he'll wear them). So, the costume isn't too tight but the legs are a little short. For us anyway. You can't really beat the price (around 8 bucks the time i purchased). If your kid is not too tall, this would probably last longer for you but I guess my son is a little on the taller side. He does have long legs but doesn't appear to be taller than the other 3 year olds in his daycare class.
on December 10, 2013
Purchased this for a "short" 2 year old. I had to cut off the bottoms of the pant legs to fit better. It is VERY thin material with cheap fabric. That is the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. The price was so good though that I really didn't expect anything heavier. It was just fine for AZ Halloween, but would definitely need underclothes for the rest of the country. We will definitely get multiple years out of this costume with intermittent use. I also washed this on the gentle cycle and it held up!
on October 30, 2012
We bought this for my 4 year old son for halloween/pirate themed birthday. It fits him well (36 inches tall and about 36lbs) I think what I was surprised about the most is that it is one piece. I don't know why I expected it to be two pieces but I thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone else thought the same. That's not bad thing though, it makes it really easy to take off and put on. The outfit is what you'd expect for something in the price point, it's thin material, but seems to hold up fairly decently! I'm glad we purchased it vs some of the more expensive ones!
review image
on June 2, 2012
For two months, my larger than average 3 year old begged for a "real pirate birthday". I planned and schemed and bought including this outfit for him to wear the day of the party. I was so pleased that is was so cheap ($5) as he refused to put it on the day of the party and was the only non-pirate there (aarrrgghhh). :( no fault of the costume though. It comes as a solid one piece pajama like outfit. Very simple to put on and take off. Great value!
on June 24, 2013
Hey, so this costume is so inexpensive, however it is really cool and looks like something that would have cost more money. That's always a win in my book. My son wore it to his third birthday party and I was worried because he is really big for his age, but it actually fit him perfectly!