- File Size: 2309 KB
- Print Length: 893 pages
- Publisher: Self; 2 edition (December 21, 2015)
- Publication Date: December 21, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B019NZR4HY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #438,202 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Pirate Rage (The Federation Reborn Book 2) Kindle Edition
Kindle Feature Spotlight
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To make matters worse, Hechtl keeps adding more characters and dwells upon the minutiae inherent in the lives of such characters. This kind of thing tends to bloat a book while slowing the pace of a story. Like the reviewer I mentioned at the outset of my review, I am beginning to wonder if Hechtl is heading in the direction of David Weber.
On a positive note, this book was better edited than the previous books in the series. There remain some problems with the editing including the misuse of the word "marionette" in place of the word "martinet". This particular error caught my attention because it occurred at least twice in this book. Although better edited, I think that the editing still wasn't quite up to professional standards.
The author has put together a great story line and started with some very strong characters. By the end of this book there are way too many main and up coming main characters. The author has moved to the David Webber mind set on this series.
Very good read.
1. Grammar and spelling issues are abundant and very distracting to the story. I hoped with a professional editor that this problem that has plagued his writing would be solved, but the editor that did the work needs to be FIRED and he needs to find a true professional.
Just a FEW of the problems that I found and I wasn't even looking for problems....There were probably 20 more or so I found but I dont want to put them all here. Please find a good editor or take another week or two to get things right.
There had been come complaint that civilians were not included in the memorial.Read more at location 5471
He glanced at the beautiful woman than away. “Stop pouting. There will be other chances.”Read more at location 5497
bet Stinko's scent scared him off,” the woman said with a pretty scowl.Read more at location 5498
That too some gall.Read more at location 6225
Her math is atrocious." "An A.I. can handle the mat or smart computer systems.Read more at location 6479
"Better to go off stock and overestimate then under estimate," Otto said, eying Lao and then the admiral. Read more at location 6999
2. The post-mourning of Defender by Irons and Sprite felt contrived and forced and really went no where. Not sure why this was in here. It should have been in the previous book not this one. Edit the book before, don't force something into this story that doesn't fit.
3. Plot - Development - Like I said above you get a ton of pages but actually very very little happens in this book. It almost felt like a Robert Jordan novel where you get 800 pages and the characters move about 200 feet. Pick up the pace please.
4. Spin-offs - Stop it please. We already have the founding series and the Jethro series. Dont do another spin off. I can see that you have at least two staged for a spin off. Please continue with the main story before you get bogged down into 4 or 5 spin offs.
5. Parts of the book just dont make sense or flow well. The whole book you have two Horathian captains being built up and being developed and the final battle doesnt even describe the fight with the last one. Why skip over this?
Story gets a 4 Star, Plot gets a 2 Star, Spelling and Grammar gets a 1 Star. Overall 2.5 Stars, which was very disappointing because this is one of my favorite series.
Most recent customer reviews
Would one of Chris's friends please help him come up a matrix, flowchart or gannt
chart that...Read more