Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 802 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 846 reviews
on August 31, 2016
Ignore the negative reviews, they're obviously for the the multiformat seen here: https://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Four-Movie-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B0054K8JSG/ref=tmm_mfc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= And misleads people I almost didn't buy this item because of these reviews. I got it today just the bluray not the multiformat seen here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071JADFU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 And I couldn't be happier. It is a cheap way to get all the movies. It is all four movies with separate bluray cases for each and a box to hold them together in. I highly recommend this product if it's the Bluray (not multiformat). You really don't need the box because each movie is separate in it's own bluray case. My mom loves these movies. I'll be buying another one. Get the bluray not the multiformat, not only that but the Ultraviolet would probably be expired by now anyway. I think it's time Amazon lists things separately. Because the multiformat these negative review are for is not the same as the Bluray I highly recommend and got. It's like literally buying all 4 separate movies on bluray together each with their own bluray case. Plus, this is a lot cheaper then the multiformat this is a review for.
22 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2017
I love the series, and my brother wanted to start watching all of the movies to catch up so he can go see the 5th movie in theaters. So I happily got this 4 pack. The movies are great and are all in HD but 3 things kind of bugged me about it. In the first box (Curse of the Black Pearl) the Blu-Ray disk says "disk 1" but doesn't have a second disk. It does say it is a blu ray, and works with my player. but there was no slot for a second disk, and seems rather weird that it doesn't come with a second disk or say what the second disk would be. The second thing is more of a personal belief, but the disks from the 2nd and 3rd movie are just blue and say the name of the movie, unlike the 1st and 4th, its not appealing as someone who likes to sometimes open a disk and see the cool designs on the actual disk (best way to put it is that it doesn't look like the disks if you looked at the multi-format version). The 3rd thing is that the 4th movie's box not only came with a broken latch but the two disks in the box fell out when I opened the Box. While the broken box is no huge deal I can get a new box for it and move the sleeve, but the disks flying out is a way to get a scratched disk which is a huge no no.

In otherwords, be aware that the movies are wonderful, the pack is what i would expect for the price and its a good pickup for those younger siblings/children who you want to watch a "kids" movie with and still have the adult humor that they wont understand.
on March 28, 2017
I love this collection.The only thing that would be better is digital coppies added .
on May 29, 2017
If there was a way to award zero or negative stars, I would. We ordered one set of these Blu-ray videos (NOT the multi-format collection), and none of the disks worked. We got error messages on all of them, before our player automatically ejected them. I thought it was a fluke, so I initiated a return through Amazon and ordered a second set from a different seller. The SAME thing happened again, and it's NOT because the disks aren't compatible with our Blu-ray region. They ARE,,,supposedly. I have no idea why this has happened not once, but twice. All I can figure is that it has something to do with the set being an import (despite the fact that the region IS compatible), or the videos are simply junk knock-offs. I don't know whether to try to find a NON-imported set or not. I'm too frustrated to even think about going a third round with this nonsense right now.

Oh. One more thing. Don't be mislead by the "stock photo" and description provided by the manufacturer. This set was 4 Blu-rays in a cardboard holder. It does NOT come in a treasure chest with a map, etc., etc. If you have little ones you're hoping to thrill with extra baubles, you'll be disappointed.
on May 6, 2017
This is a UK economy boxed set of 4 BD's with all four features, each in their own flimsy but nice enough BD case suitable for the shelf. The BDs play fine in US Blu-ray players, though they are bare-bones issues, just the features, with subtitles in 10 languages, but NO extras or even bookmark capability. If you don't mind having to re-start the disk and re-navigate to your chapter every time you take a break, it's a fine bargain. And Disney's extras are usually an embarrassing waste of time, anyway.
on April 6, 2017
Johnny Depp is awesome
With the fifth Pirates movie coming out next week, I wanted to do a marathon of the first four in advance. This seemed like a good time to upgrade my DVDs to Blu-Rays, and this set seemed like the most bang for the buck. Arrived promptly and in good condition. You're getting all four movies each in its own plastic case, all tucked into a single sleeve. The movie transfers look and sound great. If you're after a ton of extra features, this most definitely is not the set for you. Aside from some bloopers, a commentary, and a few other bits and pieces (a couple of games, some short Lego movies) there's not a lot extra here...all of which is fine for the price. Picking up the fully loaded set cost twice as much, from what I could see. This set is an affordable way to pick up the first four movies, and little else besides, for $10.50 per movie. You most definitely get what you pay for, and I'm happy with this purchase.
on March 2, 2017
Had #1 but the purchase of all 4 at a reduced price was cheaper than buying each one separately
on January 6, 2016
Enjoyed these movies, but they don't save their spot in my Blu-ray player like other movies... and the start-up stuff is annoying after the first time. That said, the quality and fun to be had of the movies themselves makes up for it. I didn't want to get the boxed set, knowing they're putting out even more, but the value made up for it over buying them separately (at the time at least).
on May 5, 2017
Ours was a foreign copy that wouldn't play on our bluray player. Someone else mentioned that the negative reviews were for a different format purchased...not the case for us. We purchased the bluray format. Amazon refunded our money. But total bummer. Not sure why some copies seem to work and others don't. But worth taking a chance for the price!

Update: We purchased this again to see if we got an odd copy previously. The new discs work! Totally worth taking a chance. Changing to 4 stars; minus one for the hassle.