Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Pirates of the Caribbean: TCOTBP Replacement Info

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2007, 7:40:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2007, 5:11:14 PM PST
http://www.avsforum . com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=947053 (delete spaces before and after the ".")

Also today, we have a follow-up for you on one other Blu-ray issue. Some of you may recall that a few months ago, viewers reported a framing problem with a few scenes in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Blu-ray Disc. Disney has apparently corrected the problem in production, so future copies going into stores will feature the correct framing (we'll try to find out if there's a way to identify corrected copies by the packaging - UPC number variation or something). In the meantime, if you have a copy with the mis-framed footage, you will SOON be able to call the studio's Blu-ray customer service hotline at 1-800-723-4763 (U.S.) or 1-800-877-2843 (Canada) to arrange an exchange. Don't call quite yet - we'll let you know when the fixed discs are ready. Just know that Disney has been working on the problem, and a solution will be available to you all shortly.

Update: 12/18/2007: Edit: Disney is now asking that you email them at disneyinfo@disneyhelp . com (delete spaces before and after the ".") with your full name, address, disc UPC #, and phone number.

Source: http://www.blu-ray . com/news/?id=759 (delete spaces before and after the ".")

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2007, 1:41:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2007, 1:46:28 AM PST
MY PRECIOUS says:
Thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated. It is nice to see Disney admit that there were problems. Does anyone think that this movie will be remade on Blu-Ray and remastered at some point?

I was going to buy it used, but i might get an older defective copy if i buy it that way. I guess i will wait to see the consensus of people that post with the replacement disc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2007
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer