- File Size: 1018 KB
- Print Length: 143 pages
- Publisher: Porcupine Publications (December 17, 2011)
- Publication Date: December 17, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006NOCETW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#948,352 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #63 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Historical Fiction > United States > Colonial & Revolutionary Periods
- #86 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Pirates
- #165 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Pirates
Pirates of Savannah: Book Three, The Rise of April - Young Adult Teen Historical Fiction Action Adventure (Pirates of Savannah (Young Adult Version) 3) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
------------- The plot continues ---------------
Patrick has gained a family to care for - no mention is made of his being an indentured servant - he is family and protector.
But when news reaches him that his sister may be alive and may be an indentured servant in Savannah - he anxiously returns, enlisting the help of the Indians that they had help free so many months before.
He is able to find her ... and rescue her .... and then, before they can truly escape, they are drugged by the inn keeper that is suppose to be helping them find a ship ....
Help arrives in the most unlikely way .... from Patrick's WIFE????? I'm sorry, but you'll have to read the book, I just couldn't do the plot justice to spoil it here.
Patrick and Isaac arrive home just in time to rescue their family from the British once again, and they barely escape with their lives ... again. .... Wanting to be Free was a dangerous goal.
Now the story changes to a search for Pirate Gold - and a new way of life - and a different and more forward fight for their freedom. Loose ends are tied up, babies are born, many die, old friends are found and lost, and new friends are made and cherished. It is not for the squeamish - as the descriptions will at times leave your stomach turning.
I was delighted to find a special section at the back of the book - the author goes through each chapter separating the facts from the fiction.
This book left me breathless and heart pounding much of the time - and I thought to myself more than once that the ideas inside were dangerous then ... and just as dangerous now. It is a challenging book.
I almost gave this one 4 stars, as the ending after the climax, and after so much action .... was almost too dull. It tied up most of the loose ends, and was fairly quick, and left you with a slight question that they might be more to the story someday. But it is a chapter that was needed.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Historical Fiction > United States > Colonial & Revolutionary Periods
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Pirates
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Historical Fiction > United States > Colonial & Revolutionary Periods
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Pirates