Piscifun Sword Fly Fishing Reel with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy Body 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 Weights(Black, Gunmetal, Pink, Space Gray)
|Material||Stainless Steel, Aluminum|
|Color||Fly Reel Black|
About this item
- THREE-YEAR WARRANTY - Your reel has been set at the factory for left-hand retrieve. To convert your reel to right-hand retrieve, please contact us for guidance.
- SILKY SMOOTH DRAG - Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag system with one-way clutch bearing for smooth immediate drag engagement. Accurate click drag and silent retrieve.
- SOLID and LIGHT WEIGHT - Precision CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy for high-impact durability; Larger CNC hollow design makes the reel lighter than ordinary ones.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE - Hard anodized for surface protection increases abrasion resistance and weather fastness; Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- Mid-ARBOR DESIGN - Reducing line memory while also facilitating lightning-quick line pickup.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
It has been set at the factory for left-hand retrieve. Interchangeable to right retrieve.
- 4 Colors Available
- Spare Spool available
- 3 4 wt Reel
- 5 6 wt Reel
- 7 8 wt Reel
- 9 10 wt Reel
Piscifun Sword Fly Fishing Reel
- Precision CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection
- More abrasion resistance and weather fastness
- Butter Smooth Drag Systerm
- Precise CNC Machined
- Corrosion Resistant
- Hard Anodizing Treatment
- Solid Craftsmanship
- Mid-Arbor Design
- 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Easy Gripping Knurled Handle
High purity 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
Precise CNC Machined
Silky Smooth Drag
|Aoka Fly Reel||Crest Fly Reel||Fly Fishing Line||Fly Fishing Box||Fly Fishing Vest||Breathable Chest wader|
|Color Selection||Blue and Black||Green, Black||Moss Green, Fluorescent Yellow, Sky Blue, Fruit Green, Yellow||Transparent||Blue||Gray|
|Size Selection||3/4wt, 5/6wt, 7/8wt||5/6wt, 7/8wt, 9/10wt||WF1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10wt||-||Adjustable Size||S, M, L, XL, XXL|
|Drag Systerm||Click Drag||Click Drag, Fully Sealed||-||-||-||-|
|Workmanship||CNC Frame and Disc Spool||CNC-Machined||-||-||-||-|
|Is the hand retrieve interchangeable?||✓||✓||-||-||-||-|
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 4.2 x 4.2 x 3 inches; 3.99 Ounces
- Date First Available : December 7, 2015
- Manufacturer : Piscifun
- ASIN : B0191J5BYK
- Best Sellers Rank: #22,229 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This reel is very well machined, especially when you factor in the cost. I worked in a machine shop a long time ago and have a critical eye for poorly machined metal. The job on this Sword reel (I have the green one) is better than good. I am not convinced that the Sword is hard anodized or that it has a cork disc drag, however, I think the finish will be durable enough and out of the box the drag feels smooth.
My 2 caveats with this reel are based on the drag system. The drag adjustment dial is loosely threaded such that it spins easily and quickly goes from light to heavy. I would not want to be on a big steelhead and accidentally bump the dial or lock it down by mistake while adjusting it with a fish on. Secondly, there are no instructions on disassembling the complicated drag system to clean it and it is difficult to figure this out yourself. My experience with two other inexpensive Chinese fly reels is that the drag washers need to be periodically cleaned and lubed since the drag is not fully enclosed like more expensive reels. I occasionally use another one from Piscifun for trout fishing and if I don't clean the drag every few times, it will lock up due to the oxidation on the washers. To say that the Sword drag is as good as reels costing 5 times as much is ridiculous. If you buy a Lamson fly reel for example, you get an almost foolproof drag system that needs zero maintenance and can be counted on to work the same way every time.
I also have an Okuma SLV reel that costs a few dollars more than the Sword, but has a better multi-disc drag system that is easy to disassemble and clean and has held up to big saltwater fish without a hiccup. The SLV isn't as pretty and has a little more play in the parts, but is rugged and proven to work under tough conditions. The Piscifun Sword is prettier with tighter tolerances and is cheaper, but with money on the line I'd rather use the Okuma.
If you're not angling for fast running fish or are a casual fly fisherman this reel will look good on your rod and will probably do a decent job. If you're a serious fly fisherman I'd look elsewhere.
Update: 05.29.16: I've used this 3 times for monster cutthroats (3-13lbs) at Pyramid Lake NV and have come to the conclusion that the drag sucks. It is inconsistent both in startup inertia and also spins with inconsistent tension when the fish runs. None of this caused me to lose any of the big cuts, however, I was using 12lb tippet and cutthroats are not big screamers. I've got this at the bottom of my reel drawer at this point.
Top reviews from other countries
I got the 7/8 fly reel for my weight 8 fly rod and it worked extremely well on my first test outing. I love how easy the drag is to adjust, and how smooth it is to reel in line.
No doubt that it will stand the test of time.