Piscifun Sword Fly Fishing Reel with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy Body 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 Weights(Black, Gunmetal, Pink, Space Gray)
|Price:||$22.98 - $72.95|
- THREE-YEAR WARRANTY - Your reel has been set at the factory for left-hand retrieve. To convert your reel to right-hand retrieve, please contact us for guidance.
- SILKY SMOOTH DRAG - Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag system with one-way clutch bearing for smooth immediate drag engagement. Accurate click drag and silent retrieve.
- SOLID and LIGHT WEIGHT - Precision CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy for high-impact durability; Larger CNC hollow design makes the reel lighter than ordinary ones.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE - Hard anodized for surface protection increases abrasion resistance and weather fastness; Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- Mid-ARBOR DESIGN - Reducing line memory while also facilitating lightning-quick line pickup.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Piscifun Sword Fly Fishing Reel / Spare Spool 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 (Black, Gunmetal, Pink, Space Gray)
Silky Smooth Drag
- Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag.
- Click Drag design-Accurate adjustment.
- Silent and Smooth Retrieve
- The bearing has o-ring seals to protect it from corrosion definitely.
- Hard anodizing treatment,standard for surface oxidation of automobiles, increases 30% abrasion resistance and weather fastness.
- High purity 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, more durable and corrosion resistant than ordinary aluminum.
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- The reel requires only a rinse in fresh water.
Easy to Change the Retrieve
- Split Spring to protect the bearing from popping out.
- One-way clutch bearing for smooth immediate drag engagement.
- Reverse the one-way clutch bearing to get the different retrieve.
- Exquisite appearance
- Made by Japanese Brother CNC Machine
- 3 times stronger than the same level diecast reels.
- Larger CNC hollow design makes the reel lighter than ordinary ones.
Great Use for Freshwater and Saltwater
- Adoptable to different fishing spots, such as streams, creeks, rivers, lakes, etc.
- Fishing for different species: light trout, normal trout, bass, steelhead, salmon, sea trout, redfish,etc.
- Piscifun Sword fly reel requires only a rinse in fresh water after saltwater use,which may give longer life of the reel.
Specifications of Piscifun Sword Fly Reel
LINE WEIGHT 3|4 WEIGHT(OZ) 4.1 DIAMETER(IN) 2.9 WIDTH(IN) .83 BACKING CAPACITY WF3F/50yds/20lbs
LINE WEIGHT 5|6 WEIGHT(OZ) 4.7 DIAMETER(IN) 3.4 WIDTH(IN) .91 BACKING CAPACITY WF6F/100yds/20lbs
LINE WEIGHT 7|8 WEIGHT(OZ) 6.1 DIAMETER(IN) 3.7 WIDTH(IN)1.06 BACKING CAPACITY WF7F/125yds/20lbs
LINE WEIGHT 9|10 WEIGHT(OZ) 6.7 DIAMETER(IN) 4.05 WIDTH(IN)1.07 BACKING CAPACITY WF7F/150yds/20lbs
PISCIFUN Reels has always stood for quality fly reels, and the new SWORD is the perfect example of this value. The Piscifun Sword features a mid-arbor design that reduces line memory while also facilitating lightning-quick line pickup-something that is vital when trying to keep up with big fish on blistering runs.
The Sword's enclosed infinitely-adjustable super-smooth disc drag and protects the lightest of tippet, but has the reserve power to stop powerful fish. Mid arbor for fast line pick up, fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum, Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity, Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance, Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity, Easy conversion from left to right-retrieve.
Four Colors Available
Traditional Black, Classic Gunmetal, Pretty Pink and Fashion Space Gray
The Package Includes(order of reel)
1 x Fly Fishing Reel
1 x Schematic Paper
1 x Dtrawstring Protection Bag
The Package Includes(order of spare spool)
1 x Spare Spool
1 x Dtrawstring Protection Bag
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Seller Warranty DescriptionWorry-Free Warranty! All Piscifun customers enjoy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. At Piscifun, we believe in our items. That's why we offer 3-year limited warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support. You have no risk to try Piscifun products.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This reel is very well machined, especially when you factor in the cost. I worked in a machine shop a long time ago and have a critical eye for poorly machined metal. The job on this Sword reel (I have the green one) is better than good. I am not convinced that the Sword is hard anodized or that it has a cork disc drag, however, I think the finish will be durable enough and out of the box the drag feels smooth.
My 2 caveats with this reel are based on the drag system. The drag adjustment dial is loosely threaded such that it spins easily and quickly goes from light to heavy. I would not want to be on a big steelhead and accidentally bump the dial or lock it down by mistake while adjusting it with a fish on. Secondly, there are no instructions on disassembling the complicated drag system to clean it and it is difficult to figure this out yourself. My experience with two other inexpensive Chinese fly reels is that the drag washers need to be periodically cleaned and lubed since the drag is not fully enclosed like more expensive reels. I occasionally use another one from Piscifun for trout fishing and if I don't clean the drag every few times, it will lock up due to the oxidation on the washers. To say that the Sword drag is as good as reels costing 5 times as much is ridiculous. If you buy a Lamson fly reel for example, you get an almost foolproof drag system that needs zero maintenance and can be counted on to work the same way every time.
I also have an Okuma SLV reel that costs a few dollars more than the Sword, but has a better multi-disc drag system that is easy to disassemble and clean and has held up to big saltwater fish without a hiccup. The SLV isn't as pretty and has a little more play in the parts, but is rugged and proven to work under tough conditions. The Piscifun Sword is prettier with tighter tolerances and is cheaper, but with money on the line I'd rather use the Okuma.
If you're not angling for fast running fish or are a casual fly fisherman this reel will look good on your rod and will probably do a decent job. If you're a serious fly fisherman I'd look elsewhere.
Update: 05.29.16: I've used this 3 times for monster cutthroats (3-13lbs) at Pyramid Lake NV and have come to the conclusion that the drag sucks. It is inconsistent both in startup inertia and also spins with inconsistent tension when the fish runs. None of this caused me to lose any of the big cuts, however, I was using 12lb tippet and cutthroats are not big screamers. I've got this at the bottom of my reel drawer at this point.
I bought the 3/4 reel to go on a 8'6" 3 wt rod, when loaded with backing and line it balanced perfectly for this rod. When the reel arrived I was very impressed with the machining and tolerances, there is no slop or wiggle in the spool and the reel is very well finished. Overall it is a very solid feeling, nice looking reel. One reservation that I had is that the drag adjustment dial is very loose and easy to turn, there are indexing clicks but they are very light and not the solid feeling indexing of some of my other reels. I can see how this could be a problem playing larger fish, it would be easy to inadvertently turn the knob and change the drag setting.
So I spooled the reel up with 3 wt double taper line and went fishing. I spent 2 days on a fairly remote eastern Tennessee stream and caught several fish. The reel performed fantastic, no issues what so ever. The spool turns effortlessly with no wobble and I had no issues with the drag setting changing, please bear in mind I am basing this on the tension of pulling line off the reel, not playing fish.
To sum up, I am very pleased with this reel for my purposes and think it is far better than other reels I am familiar with at this price point. If you are looking for a reel to handle 24" trout out of a drift boat then this might not be the reel for you, however, if your game is small water natives up to 16" or so this reel seems to be just fine. I am very pleased with this reel and would probably give it 4.5 stars if possible, the only reason it does not get 5 is due to the loose drag adjustment and lack of positive indexing clicks.