Piscifun Blaze Fly Fishing Reel or Spare Spool with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy Body 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10(Gold, Brown, Sapphire Blue)
|Price:||$15.98 - $65.89|
- THREE-YEAR WARRANTY! CNC-machined 6061-T6 aluminum alloy for high-impact durability. Exquisite appearance, tight tolerances, no wobble, no side play.
- SMOOTH DRAG: Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag system with one-way clutch bearing for smooth immediate drag engagement.
- MID-ARBOR DESIGN: A great balance between backing capacity and rapid line pickup, not easy for line backlash. Concave ported arbor for greater strength and capacity.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE: Hard anodized for surface protection; cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- EASY CONVERSION TO LEFT OR RIGHT HAND RETRIEVE: Finely machined and knurled metal screw caps to loosen the spool; our reel has been set at the factory for left-hand retrieve. To convert your reel to right-hand retrieve, please contact us for guide.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Blaze Fly Fishing Reel / Spare Spool with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy Body 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10(Gold, Brown, Sapphire Blue)
Silky Smooth Drag
- Multi-disc cork and stainless steel drag.
- Click Drag design-Accurate adjustment.
- The bearing has o-ring seals to protect it from corrosion.
- Totally silent and smooth on the retrieve.
- Hard anodized for surface protection, increases abrasion resistance and weather fastness.
- High purity 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, more durable and corrosion resistant than ordinary aluminum.
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity.
- The reel requires only a rinse in fresh water.
- Tight tolerances, no wobble, no side play.
- 0.04in inter-space at any point when reel it.
- Ergonomic reel handle for comfortable use.
- Mid-sized arbor picks up line quickly.
- The setups can provide precision casts.
- Fashion and durable design.
- Made by Japanese Brother CNC Machine.
- 3 times stronger than the same level diecast reels.
- Very light-weight, and easy to dismantle.
Great Use for Freshwater and Saltwater
- Adoptable to different fishing spots, such as streams, creeks, rivers, lakes, etc.
- Fishing for different species: light trout, normal trout, bass, steelhead, salmon, sea trout, redfish,etc.
- Piscifun Blaze fly reel requires only a rinse in fresh water after saltwater use, which may give longer life of the reel.
LINE WEIGHT 3|4 WEIGHT (OZ) 4.1 DIAMETER (IN) 2.9 WIDTH (IN) .83 BACKING CAPACITY WF3F/50yds/20lbs
LINE WEIGHT 5|6 WEIGHT (OZ) 4.9 DIAMETER (IN) 3.4 WIDTH (IN) .91 BACKING CAPACITY WF6F/100yds/20lbs
LINE WEIGHT 7|8 WEIGHT (OZ) 6.2 DIAMETER (IN) 3.7 WIDTH (IN) 1.06 BACKING CAPACITY WF7F/125yds/20lb
LINE WEIGHT 9|10 WEIGHT (OZ) 6.9 DIAMETER (IN) 4.05 WIDTH (IN) 1.07 BACKING CAPACITY WF9F/150yds/20lbs
PISCIFUN Reels has always stood for quality fly reels at a reasonable price. The frame and spool of the Piscifun Blaze fly reel are cold-forged and CNC-machined aluminum for unyielding hardness and rigidity. A super-smooth in-line disc drag system assures even pressure to protect light tippets. Cold hard-anodized finish offers protection from the elements Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity ; No tools necessary to convert between right- or left-hand retrieve.
Three Colors Available
Fashion Sapphire Blue, Classic Gold and Pretty Brown.
The Package Includes(order of reel)
1 x Fly Fishing Reel
1 x Schematic Paper
1 x Dtrawstring Protection Bag
The Package Includes(order of spare spool)
1 x Spare Spool
1 x Dtrawstring Protection Bag
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Seller Warranty DescriptionThree-Year Warranty! Contact us on Piscifun Website if you have any problems with the Piscifun products.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
And, so I introduce you to the Piscifun Blaze fly reel. This is a very nice reel.
I purchased the 5/6wt version of this reel. First things first, it is handsome. The brown model. It has a bronze-like finish that works very well with my rod. Next, the rod I paired it with is a 3.9oz. 5/6wt, 8.5’ dry fly rod that I will be using primarily for trout, smallmouth, largemouth, schoolie stripers, crappie, and perch.
The weight distribution of the reel with the rod is PERFECT! I cannot state this enough. The reel-seat fit snug against the rod (no gap). When attached to the rod, the reel creates a natural pendulum when casting which helps me shoot the line out to my intended target. I know the rod ferrules of my rod factor into this more than the reel, but in my opinion, having the correct weight distribution between rod and reel is just as important.
Moving on. The frame is sturdy but not bulky. The spool arbor is a concave ported arbor (as described) and allowed me to load plenty of 20lb backing while still having enough room for both 100yd of 6wt-fwd line, and 9’ of leader material. This is exactly what I was hoping it would do. Next, the line spools itself nicely when reeled in (no log jams). Lastly, the drag is excellent. My first day out with the reel I got into some nice small-mouth. The reel worked like a charm. Since then, I have been mostly fishing for trout. Not one single complaint on my end.
I am very pleased with this purchase. My fly-fishing buddies with set-ups that easily cost 4x more than what mine does, speak very highly of my rod and reel. And, after having used both the $200+ reels they own, and my $55 reel, I cannot justify spending that much more to have something that performs virtually the same.
Where the reel isn't so strong is its drag, the click drag system seems to be very resistant when engaging the clicks. After the click the friction of the drag seems to lessen until reaching the next click which then increases friction. It feels like hitting a small bump upon entering each click. This is a new feeling for me; my Allen reels have a very linear form of resistance where both the click and the intermittence in between are equivalent in terms of friction. This issue is so minute though that it shouldn't affect being spooled by a fish while dialing up the drag "within reason".
Another small detail I should mention is that the reel should not be used in saltwater; there are a few points of ingress that will be negatively affected by salt. It is more than good for fresh water though.
I bought a 3/4 and the thing is tiny; it's a true mid size arbor reel. The 3/4 will hold a modest amount of backing while still leaving room for 3/4 weight line. I am certain there is enough space for 5 weight line if needed.
On my first outing with the Pisccifun I managed to catch a nice Peacock Bass and a Midas cichlid. The reel handled both well; I recommend this reel.
Most recent customer reviews
with sinking line, looking forward to it.Read more