Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 492 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 652 reviews
on January 28, 2017
This is NOT a book to read before bed.... it is a cup of coffee in itself and packs just enough power each day to move you forward for Christ and for others you love. It IS repetitive. It NEEDS to be.... My eyes are open.....We are dead in our pews , dead in our relationships and we have been dead so long, we dont even see it or know how to come alive anymore. With the mantra of chasing lions, slowly I began to awaken. Now, I am a fool, a child AND a lion chaser. Be warned... you could be changed.
on July 6, 2017
Mark Batterson’s “In a Pit With A Lion On a Snowy Day” is a challenging and encouraging book based on the story of Benaiah in the Old Testament. There is very little in the bible about Benaiah. We know that eventually he became one of David’s bodyguards and at some point was leader of part of David’s army. We also know that all of that happened after one snowy day, he chased a lion into a pit and killed it. Batterson uses that brief story as his encouragement to Christians to be “lion chasers”. He proposes in this book a statement that will stick with me for quite some time: “What if the life you want, and the life God wants for you, is hiding right now in your biggest problem, your worst failure?”

This is the second book that I’ve read by Batterson. And while I didn’t enjoy this one quite as much as “IF”, this is still very much a book worth reading. Batterson has the gift of encouragement and that gift is felt as he challenges the reader to be completely unafraid to not only take on the seemingly impossible challenges this life sometimes throws at us…..but to also change the way we see those challenges. Batterson suggests that in each of life’s most difficult moments, is an opportunity for God to work in our situation for our good and His glory.

As with the other Batterson book I read, this one is full of brilliant quotes and bulletin board material. I’d keep the highlighter ready. You’re going to want to take notes.
Well done.
on June 27, 2017
This is one of my all time favorite books - this is a second copy because I highly recommended it to someone else, loaned it to them and then didn't get it back! It's a must-have on my library shelf and I revisit it frequently. I love a book with grit - and this book not only has grit - but makes you wanna reach in there and pull out some grit in your life as well!
on June 26, 2017
I believe this book was a God send in my life. As I was reading it I realized that the dreams of doing something even bigger than I could imagine for the kingdom of God and pursuing after personal dreams is something that God has put in me and that I should go after. I had almost got to the point where I believed I was not supposed to try to do anything new. Be satisfied with being on a level plane. Not moving forward. Feeling almost guilty for having BIG Dreams. That's what the enemy would all of us to believe. Reading this book has renewed a passion in me to go for the God given dreams. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to start something or be apart of something beyond their biggest dreams and imagination. Thanks Mark Batterson for allowing God to use you in writing this encouraging book.
on April 6, 2017
Batterson does a great job of bringing a very short bible event into real world theology. I encourage anyone that's settled into a rut to take a few hours to read this book. The last two chapters have no substance and were more like an introduction to the author's ministry and its successes. The remaining chapters will prepare you to be on the lookout for your own lion to chase.
on June 16, 2017
This book gave me motivation to continue fighting towards my dreams. I would recommend this to anyone who is seeking dreams that seem unattainable to others around you. It will encourage you to keep seeking out those lions in your life.
on February 20, 2017
Anyone who thinks they are just average. Mark shows in scripture that with God's anointing we are no longer "normal" but mighty to the pulling down of strongholds (lions)!
on July 24, 2017
I had read Batterson's second book first it was given to me. In a Pit with a Lion brings the 2 books together and shows how the acts of on man in faith can truly change to world and your destiny!
on April 3, 2017
Mark Batterson said, "If your dream does not require divine intervention to accomplish, then it is too small." Batterson is not afraid to challenge his readers to take risk and pursue God-given dreams.
on February 13, 2017
A great book to encourage you to understand you potential to move forward, conquer and overcome!