Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 9, 2017
After taking a river cruise, my interest in our city's history piqued. I bought this for my husband as a reminder of our trip and we both have really enjoyed it. You can pick it up and then come back to it. The comparison photos of then and now are awesome. My mother has lived in and around Pittsburgh all her life and she loves history. She'll be receiving a copy by Christmas, if not sooner! It can be a coffee table book or one for discussion starting. If it is out, it will be picked up and looked at. Enjoy it, Burgh Buffs!
on January 12, 2018
This is a great book of a big city near where I was born and raised and was given as gift.
on May 15, 2017
Great images of how Pittsburgh has transformed.
on June 29, 2016
I lived in Pittsburgh as a child many years ago and really enjoy the pictures and descriptions. I love the layout with old pictures and newer ones of same location on opposite pages. My 97 year old mother lived in Pittsburgh for much of her life and this book brings back so many memories for her. Thank you, Mr. Kidney!
on January 2, 2018
Very nice book for my son in law who just moved to Pittsburgh to see the history and buildings from then and now.
on July 17, 2017
Great book!! Very detailed.
on January 29, 2016
I love the book itself.. we used to have one when I was younger and it actually had a picture of my grandmother's house in it. this seems like a condensed version of the original large book. I'm glad to add it back to my collection.
on August 4, 2014
Bought this book learn a little more about my adopted hometown. Learned a lot.
on December 28, 2016
Gave this to my father as a Christmas gift since he grew up in Pittsburgh. He loved it!
on January 27, 2008
Although the photographs were interesting, I was hoping for a little more in the way of what remained, why a building didn't remain, the history of the buildings, etc.