Truck Reviews Beauty Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 6, 2011
This book really does have fantastic art in it. I'm glad I got it for such a low price. I have to be very careful with it and hold onto the binding when I am looking through it because pages could get ripped out and fall out. The binding isn't very great. However, as other foolish people don't realize, you are rating the quality of the product, not its' condition. I really enjoy it, and would recommend it to anyone who is interested at looking at some pixel art, I feel this could even assist you in learning.
3 people found this helpful
on November 10, 2007
I bought this book with the "I Am Plastic" bundle, as I do like pixel art. And this book delivers in a huge and well printed collection of icons, and various pixel art - perfect for inspiration of similiar styles. However, when I bought it I did ignore the user reviews that said the binding was bad. Boy was that a mistake. On the VERY FIRST reading of the book after I tore off the shrink wrap and got it out of the Amazon box, this book fell apart from the cover by the time I flicked to the middle of the book. And I was very gentle with the book. The binding is SERIOUSLY FLAWED. I am going to seek a refund from Amazon -- this is ridiculous, there is no way that the first time you read a book it should start to come apart!! Major disappointment to the publisher!!!

This printing of the book is malfunctioned or flawed as the binding is horrible. Avoid this edition of the book at all costs unless you want pages coming out all over the place.
on April 12, 2007
This is a fun-to-look-at book, and useful for percolating visual ideas and so forth, which is basically why I purchased it. The first copy I received fell apart in my hands as soon as I opened it. Crappy glue binding. Really crappy. I exchanged it for a new copy and the exact same thing happened. It's a shame the publisher did not make an effort at having a good solid binding for what is essentially an art book, that will be sold to people who actually care for their books. At this price, I'd expect a solid binding that is designed to last for a decade.
on January 3, 2007
Great content. Full color throughout. very little fluff or "padded" content. Nice design and art direction. The binding, though, is really cheap. First time I looked through it, the glue cracked and pages began to fall out. I'm really careful about this type of thing and treat my books gently, so it wasn't due to abuse. Now, I'm afraid to open the book for fear of the whole thing disintegrating.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 8, 2010
I am true fan of Pixel design, in art and in concept. This book covers various designs, from the very simple to more intricate. I particular admire the 3D, isometric pictures. They must have taken the artist a long time and the attention to detail is incredible. If you like computer art or anything associated with Pixels, I'm sure you will love this book. It also includes a great music CD with some Videos of where the Pixel may have came about. Please note that there are a few adult based designs within.

The only disappointing aspect to this book, is the very poor binding. The book itself comes shrink-wrapped and it isn't until you overview the book, the cover may come away from the pages. If you do receive the book, try and replace it as soon as you can through the bookshop you purchased it from. Otherwise, rebind the book at an approximate cost of $20.
on April 22, 2006
The images that lie within this book are simply amazing. Some of the most talented pixel illustration artists have put their work into this compilation. This is a must have for anyone aspiring, or already a pixel artist. That being said...

The production of the actual book itself was quite poor. (In my case at least) The binding of my book was falling apart and the cover was already about to fall off when it arrived. While viewing the contents, I have to be extremely careful not to stress out the binding, or else it feels like all the pages could fall out pretty easily. This is my only gripe.
on June 7, 2004
If you are pixel graphic lover, this is a must have pixel book !
The book come with pixel music. There are 16 nice tracks in the cd, which remind me of famicom "nintendo" game console.
The pixel art inside the book are nicely done. If u like eboy book and u feel not enough, this is the next pixel book for u.
3 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2007
This is not a super book.
You' ll find a lot of jobs made by eboy but nothing of new than the eboy books.
The other jobs are nothing of suggestive.
Shall be a good book if is your first pixel art book.
Should better to take only the eboy books.
Opening the book the first time the cover result not attached at the book!!!!
on November 2, 2004
Very colourful, packed full of great pixel art from lots of designers. Overall very stylish and the pixel art is top notch. I especially like the bios of every artist featured with web links to their art work...more fuel for my fascination!