Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
For those that need more, you should know that I really like Grade "B" SciFi and Horror movies. So a movie that is basically a zombie movie on a spaceship should be almost perfect, but every element is just so bad that there is literally nothing to recommend it. Here it is, broken down by element:
* Plot: So many holes you could fly a spaceship through the script. No spoilers from me, a spaceship with a mysterious alien cargo picks up survivors (all female in short skirts) from a damaged ship. Everything is not as it seems, as the body count starts to rise, along with the dead (bwwwaaaahhhhaaahhhaaa).
* Acting: Casting went for attractive women, and there are plenty of attractive women that can act... just not in this movie. The action scenes were just bad and not very suspenseful
* Sets & Wardrobe: I have literally seen better in a high school play
* Makeup: Downright laughable, seriously I literally laughed when I saw the first "zombie"
* Special Effects: Weak, but would have been acceptable if there were any supporting elements
I usually ignore reviews that say, "I watched this so you don't have to", but please heed this warning - I watched this so you don't have to.
A spacecraft twice the size of Yankee Stadium with an impressive crew of 7-rescues the only survivors of a ship that was attacked by space pirates. the rescued are 4 beautiful women and are soon revealed to be the pirates and they take over the rescue craft. The balance of this atrocity involves an egg-shaped, green glowing orb which turns the cast into flesh eating space zombies. Since the entire cast is 11-the zombies will be hungry pretty soon.
There is one scene worthy of MST3K. The only survivir boards an escape pod as the ship blows up. The escape pod looks and is the size of a coffin. All the escapee needs is a pair of pants, a low cut tee shirt and a portable oxygen tank and mask. There is a surprise and I could issue a spoiler but the movie is so ridiculous no one would care.
This is bad. The script is bad. The acting is bad. The gorey effects are bad.
And no one in this mess takes the Mathilda May part from "Lifeforce" - if you know what I mean and I think you do.
I've seen more tension in an overcooked noodle than that on show in this apology for a film.
A list of a few obvious deficiencies:
Too cheap for subtitles.
Two cheap plastic toy models for space ships.
Stars that twinkle/blink on and off and roaring space engine sounds both when viewed from the vacuum of space which as every elementary school student knows is flat out wrong which tells us something about the writer/director.
Space ships made of hardware store air duct tubing and vast quantities of salvage yard heavy steel fabricated to look like a 1940s factory. Seems as if the director failed to learn anything about mass in space.
Script writer who seems enamored with military jargon and swearing to portray toughness and to compensate for something called acting.
Storyline of fluorescent green day-glo thingy turning crew into zombies was dumb. Doesn't even qualify as spoofing anything if that was an intention.
1) Bad zombies in outer space
2) Crew of sexy space pirates and no one gets naked.
There you go, still wanna see it??
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got this one for free so do not mind the movie being so trashy - definitely only for a wet Sunday afternoon when you're in the mood for a bad movie.Published on March 16, 2010 by J. A. Quayle
There's hardly any plot to this SciFi movie. A spaceship with a small crew has some sort of energy transmitter on board that is needed on earth. Read morePublished on January 18, 2010 by Metallian
To call this film God-awful is an understatement. The story was terrible. The "acting" was amateurish. Read morePublished on December 19, 2009 by Aldus Huxley