CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- PlanToys practices the 3-R's of Green Living-Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
- Made of organic rubberwood
- Constructed with soy and water-based dyes, E-zero non-toxic glue, and recycled/recyclable materials
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
I think it's absolutely gorgeous. It's every bit as lovely as pictured, perhaps even more so. As with all Plan Toys we own, the wood grain is visible beneath all the vegetable-based stains, which is a quality I like.
I was hesitant to buy this toaster for a myriad of reasons; there are a lot of lukewarm reviews of it, and people seemed to have a number of issues with their kids not being able to operate it, the size being too small, the toast not going all the way into the toaster when the button is depressed. Another reviewer noted that the toast doesn't 'pop up' which really had me confused. What does that mean exactly?
So here are the basics from my perspective:
1. The toaster's a great size. It, and the two slices of bread it comes with are compatible with most European wooden toys on the market, including Erzi, Estia and the more reasonably sized Haba foods. It's also the approximately the same size as the bread slices that came with our Hape kitchen, and even a little thicker. If the toaster were any larger, it wouldn't be the kid-sized variation I've come to expect, and it would look awkward up next to our kitchen and other play foods.
2. The toaster is well made. It feels really solid, the wood is silky smooth, and it is, from all appearances, well-constructed. It has some weight to it as I would have expected and hoped it would.Read more ›
This toys is extremely durable and not too heavy even though it's wooden. Thumbs up!
The quality is excellent - this has been thrown around quite a few times and everything still works. Also the size is great. It's tiny but not small and can be easily carried by tiny toddler hands. As always, the Plan Toys quality is exemplary and the wood is beautiful and well-finished without harsh colors or chemical smells.
The only issue with this toy, and this is likely an age issue as my son is 16 months, is he has difficulty turning and latching the knob to push the toast down. Also the button is a little hard to push. I anticipate that these issues will go away once he is a bit older, but for now he enjoys putting the toast or other items in the slots and pushing the button to watch it pop up. I really like simple toys that encourage self-paced play and I think this fits the bill.
It should be mentioned, also, that my daughter doesn't play with it much, if at all, either; it just sits on top of her fridge looking nice.
Like I said, cute and definitely well made but just not so interesting.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
such a cute little toaster! and one that will grow with the kiddos. It's okay if they can't work it, people; they'll learn eventually and you can play with them like an adult... Read morePublished on December 11, 2013 by bubbe barbara
Toaster looks great but doesn't work. Button will pop up half the time when the toast isn't in it but not a Sall when the toast is in it. Read morePublished on May 28, 2013 by Christianna C.
This toaster is 100% stylish and cute, but it's very hard to operate. The lever to push the toast down is so hard, my 2 year old is unable to do it. Read morePublished on May 7, 2013 by colleen
This toaster is an overall disappointment. I like Plan toys, we have others and i have been happy-but not this time. First, it is not as cute as the picture shows. Read morePublished on March 23, 2013 by Jess
Very Good..very well made. Wood is feel good. painting is also good. My kid play with it for long timePublished on February 23, 2013 by Mark Yang
Very cute. My granddaughter loved it. Toast pieces could be bigger, more decorated. We appreciated that it was not made in China as we never intend to purchase toys made there.Published on December 26, 2012 by WhimsicaLibrarian
Works well and she loved it. Goes well with the other plan toys kitchen items. She played with it right away.Published on December 15, 2012 by lorif
This is the cutest toy toaster you'll ever find. It's really well made, and it is the star of my playroom.
Now, if they could only make a real version!
This is a high quality toy have been trying to replace most of my daughters plastic toys with wooden ones. She loves this toaster and plays with it all the time. Read morePublished on March 30, 2012 by Momof4