Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 13, 2017
The book is super simple with just a few words & pictures on each page, but it's perfect for my airplane loving 2 yr old grandson. We read and reread it about 10 times in a row before taking a break. It's his favorite book right now. I'll get tired of reading it before he will get tired of hearing it.
on February 20, 2017
Bought this as a birthday gift for the "one year old" grandnephew. He loved it! And so did his parents ;-)
on July 26, 2010
Somewhere after 6 mo, "Boats" fell out of favor and "Planes" took its place as the most favorite book from our limited transportation and machine set (Boats, Planes, Trains, Machines at Work). I'm rather fond of all of these books, mostly for the illustrations which I like very much, bold blocks of color outlined in heavy, black line.

Planes isn't Elsie's (8 mo) current favorite book, it's somewhere after Dinosaur Dinosaur and My Car, and somewhere ahead of Barnyard Dance and Sheep in a Jeep, but it definitely makes the list!

Like Barton's other books, Planes is a sturdy board book with lovely, bold, vivid, and simple illustrations accompanying very simple text. Elsie's favorite pictures are of the orange jetplane on the blue sky, and of the people getting on and off of the plane. Often she'll let me read it through the first time, then want it again, but turn through quickly herself until she gets to her favorite pages, which she either studies carefully or hits vigorously, depending on her mood. She is certainly interested.

I like all of these books for reading to babies, and recommend the board books, even if they aren't lap-sized prints. They're the same size as my other board books, and that seems big enough for Elsie.

Any word from other readers on whether or not any pages were omitted in the board book version of this book? I'm curious about it.
on March 21, 2017
my kid has a facination with planes now and ALWAYS asks for it to be read to him.
on May 9, 2017
Great photos, lots of pages and perfect for my 2 year old who loves airplanes! He is learning lots of vocabulary words from this book! (i.e. passengers, runway, helicopter, etc.)
on June 27, 2017
the plane image carried throughout the book (not the one on the cover) looks upside down. it's an ok book for a kid who likes planes, but it's nothing special.
on May 3, 2017
Cute drawings, good for little guys, but sort of boring. If your child decides he wants it read to him every night until you retire, you might want to pull your hair out.
on July 9, 2017
Very short, but cute book! My son especially loved the page with the helicopter.
on February 1, 2017
This is a good book to introduce informative text to students. I love the simplicity!
on October 22, 2017
My oldest son is obsessed with planes! This hardcover book is durable with simplified educating references on planes. The simplified illustration is perfect for capturing the attention of young ones!