Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM Handmade Travel Accessories Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

Showing 1-10 of 1,817 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,331 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 27, 2016
This is a great value for another really cute Disney movie. It wasn't critically acclaimed, but in our household it's only second to Lightning McQueen and the Cars franchise with my three year old son.

This comes with the DVD (great for the car) Blu Ray (great for the TV) and digital copy (great for the Ipad or phone!). So...your little Planes fan can have access anywhere you'd like him or her to! It's a really great price for what you get. We've only watched it a few times, but already it's worth it!

This movie stars Dusty Crophopper, a crop duster who dreams of being a racing plane. He enters in the Wings Around the Globe Rally to race against many other 'real' racing planes. He makes many friends and has many adventures along the way. If a message is important to you in a kids movie, this has a 'you can be anything you want to be' and a 'never give up on yourself or your dreams' message. Or, if you just like to be entertained, this is great for that too!

It has cute characters and is an all around fun family film. I was really happy to get this movie in all 3 forms for such a good price. Highly recommend!
on October 29, 2015
I'm torn on whether I want to give this 3 or 4 stars. I felt like a few of the extremely negative reviews were accurate in saying this was just like Cars but with Planes. Obviously some changes were made, but there were a LOT of similarities. It wasn't so horrible to us that I felt it needed a 1 star review but it definitely wasn't terrific. The other problem with this movie is that my kids didn't really like it. I had a hard time keeping interest in it as well. Unfortunately, we bought this at the same time as we bought other movies from Disney (Frozen, The Princess and the Frog... stuff like that) so the kids preferred some of the other movies and have not really wanted to watch this one very much.

I guess we can consider this like most spin-offs of movies... and not as good as the original movie obviously. It doesn't seem that bad, but it was a little disappointing. We're going to try it again when the weather gets worse and I'll update if anything changes for the better or worse. For now, I would be prepared for a similar story as Cars. : /
on July 21, 2014
This is another great family movie that my wee boy loves, and if your little one loves cars then this will probably be a big hit in your home. This one is all about a crop dusting plane with big ambitions, and who his friends him achieve his dream

It's set in the cars universe so there is some definite comfort here and, much like cars it is up beat and has likeable characters, and of course the good guys come out on top in the end, It does not have the same catchy soundtrack of cars, which is a shame as my little one loves a good boogie, but that does not distract from the fun

All in all a good watch
on December 1, 2013
Though in many ways this had a similar story line to the first Cars movie (rookie desires to win the big race), it still feels fresh. Dusty Crophopper desires to be more than what his original purpose was. He wishes to enter an around-the-world race that usually is reserved for planes that are built for racing. When he manages to make the cut, he has to deal with the prejudices of being a "farm boy." Aside from the challenges he faces from the difficult race and his fear of heights (imagine a plane afraid of heights), he also has to put up with the dirty trickery from other racers who don't play fair. However, he has old and new friends helping him out: the grounded Skipper (a war hero who suffers post traumatic stress), Dusty's best friend Chug (forgetful and big-mouthed), the nerdy girl whose name I've forgotten but is just as endearing, and the Spanish plane whose name I've also forgotten. The characters are memorable...the names aren't.

In many ways, I like this story better than Cars. It is more exciting and adventurous, since it shows the various obstacles Dusty has to face traveling around the world. Dusty is a much more likable character than Lightening McQueen was. The film actually promotes many good morals: doing it anyway despite what anyone tells you and no matter how great the odds, always be a good guy (it does pay in the end), among others.
on February 1, 2014
The movie was good for the kids; they loved it.
It's Planes, after all. Of course, Disney movies are loved.
The real 5 star here, however, goes to Amazon. I mean - you can buy these movies everywhere, of course. But when I'm Christmas shopping for grandchildren 1500 miles away, and I go to the P. O to mail the gifts and find out that on top of my price for the gift, I have to add another 15.00+ for shipping, then I go to UPS or Fed Ex and find that the PO was the cheapest . . . . Well, the expense can be pretty overwhelming. I'm so thankful for Amazon's prime membership. It's well worth the cost yearly. My children love that I send their children gifts through Amazon because I always get their presents to them on time, and they get a better quality of gifts since Amazon has great pricing. I love Amazon: gifts, Kindle, Audible, personal items, subscribe and save, Visa points - my first place to shop!
on February 5, 2014
This was decided as my gift for my son's family and 5-year old son. We spent Christmas together and the adults were just as excited as the child, to complete the day's dinner and celebrations, so we could reach the evening hour, to gather in front of the big screen at home, and watch this 3-D movie together. It amazes me that those who craft these movies think of both children and the adult audience. There were so many hilarious lines which parents and adults think of as "code" past the age of 30, and especially having raised a family. Some of the time we were howling with laughter so loud, we had to hit "pause" and my grandson was trying to figure out the joke. But he loved it, too. He will be collecting the little plane character models, and received one for Christmas. It was the perfect family entertainment for our day.
on March 6, 2016
This was given as a Christmas gift with a set of 11 Disney Planes to play with as he watched. It was exciting to see his toys in the movie. Excellent gift. Movie was fun for the whole family and will be one the kids watch often.
on April 11, 2014
****************************************************
I'll try to review without giving away spoilers. It's pretty hard to do that, but I'll try. There are no details, still, don't blame me if this ruins your movie experience though.
****************************************************
I liked Cars and my son (now 3.5) and I have watched Cars for truly countless number of times. But Cars2 took a violent dark turn and we had to put that away so the impressionable mind of a 3 yr old did not have to see all the "killing" and shooting etc. I thought Planes would be like Cars. Nope! It's more like Cars2. It is a great story–if you can discern that it's just a story, that too animated. For my son, it's all too real and he gets scared at some of the parts, and some of the other parts are a tad too violent (shooting, slicing!! I mean come on, really!) and could easily influence a little boy to think those actions/behaviors are okay and acceptable.
I have the 3D version and it's great. I like 3D. It's a fantastic movie–for me! May be when my son will like it when he is older.
on March 5, 2017
If you get Planes Fire and Rescue, get this Planes movie, too. It explains where Dusty came from, and it's surprisingly good. Yes, it is basically a re-creation of Cars with planes instead, but it's still great fun.
on December 26, 2013
We bought this for our nephew for Christmas & we did our internet shopping after we did our store shopping. This way we could order what we couldn't find in the store & this also allowed us to shop for items that we knew were cheaper on Amazon. I ordered this, expecting it to arrive the 23rd. We had family over that day & I knew the gift was arriving that day but they actually left before the gift got here. They arrived for celebrations around 2pm & eventually left at just after 9pm since they had a long drive home. I was horrified & embarrassed since I kept looking up the tracking number & it didn't say anything past the 'on truck since about 5am that day'. The package came around 10pm, I think it may have been after but I was in bed when they delivered. I felt bad for my nephew & I felt bad for the driver (he looked exhausted). Now I have to pay to get it to my nephew & I don't want to deal with going to the post office, which is why I ordered it the way I did!!! So the product gets 5 stars, but everything else would be a half star. Bah Humbug!